• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

gsxrrocker

gsxrrocker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire C
Ok, so I've unlocked my phone through HTCDev, going into bootloader mode, it says unlocked at the top, but still says s-on. When I run the .superboot.windows.bat file, CMD pops up as normal, but nothing happens, it says <waiting on device>. I'm new to this, so don't know where to start to remedy the situation

gsxrrocker

gsxrrocker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
ok, been playing with it for a while... getting extremely frustrated. I got my last issue fixed, think it was a driver thing, not positive. But now when I click it, it pops up to the following screen and goes away. nothing happens, phone doesn't even blink. HELP me please
Posted Image

Edited by gsxrrocker, 26 November 2012 - 09:22 PM.

strophe

strophe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Potientally noob question here, I just got my first smartphone now, but is a retail version one you get from any old mobile service provider? I've been having some trouble unlocking the bootloader with HTCdev, somehow cmd doesn't want to co-operate with me. I can't even get to the actual root part yet.

On the cmd step, when i type in Command Prompt: cd c:\Android The cmd spews out that the search parameters are too wide.
I do have the folder named like that and in my C: disk. what should I do?

Edited by strophe, 28 November 2012 - 04:17 AM.

szilike93

szilike93

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Paul!

I just tryed to root my phone, HTC Desire C but when I turn it on Bootloader mode and connect to the PC it doesn't go forth, only install-superboot-windows.bat shows me < waiting for device >. What driver or something should I use? I tryed with HTC Sync Manager, but it doesn't work.

Your sincerelly,
szilike93 ^_^

I resolved the problem. Everybody. You need to be installed adb driver. Which you can find on www.xda-developers.com

Edited by szilike93, 30 November 2012 - 12:27 PM.

nickb99

nickb99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC One V and Desire C
Hi Paul. I wanted to add my thanks too. An easy hour and my Desire C all rooted :) Some tips to assist other readers of this thread;

- I use the free MyBackup app to backup the complete phone contents before rooting for an easy restore of SMSs, data etc afterwards (excellent app).
- I also experienced the wifi error on first start after rooting but a 2nd reboot fixed that
- the only major issue I had was windows drivers. This was resolved by reinstalling HTC Sync from the HTC site and then plugging in the phone while it was running. After that Superboot had no problem doing its work.

jmelton3

jmelton3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I've been trying to root my phone. I've got the phone unlocked but an error pops up when I run the bat file. I've attached pics of the hboot menu and the error. Any options I choose at the hboot menu such as factory reset or restore will give me that error. Any ideas? The phone boots up and works just fine. My hboot menu seems to be screwed though. I followed the unlock directions from here http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1947613 and used the HTCDev website. Any help would be appreciated. Would hate to have to send in my only phone for repairs.

Edit: Not sure if it matters but my service provider is Cricket.

Attached Files

Edited by jmelton3, 15 December 2012 - 07:49 PM.

Linkest

Linkest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend Y300
Hi Paul,
I just got my first Android phone Desire C ICS 4.0.3 few days ago (which makes me a complete newb in this), and right away people started talking about rooting, flashing, ROMs and stuff i never gave much thought about, so i started googling all those things. Basically that's all I've been doing these past few days. And I got to a point where I decided it's not a bad idea to root my phone. So I did it, with your Superboot (thanx for that btw, it took me only 5min). The thing that made me go for it was that unlike many other users who want to store apps on the SD card, I want to store files on the internal memory (don't ask why, I just need to :) ). Few sites that i visited suggested that rooting is the only way (maybe I'm wrong, and if that's the case, please correct me), so i gave it a shot. Now I have a SuperSU in my main menu, my phone is a lot faster than it was when i got it, but I still can't store files in internal memory, unless the come from the camera or other apps.
What am I doing wrong, IS my phone rooted or I just don't know where to go from here? And in which folder am I supposed to store the files in my phone?
Thanks

simoxon2

simoxon2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:htc desire £
  • Twitter:@simox
Can you confirm you link to down load r16 is an actual link or just a POP up ad window.

Jaizu

Jaizu

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Works at 100%, thank you n_n

dams200

dams200

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Paul ! I have a problem to root my HTC Desire C, I have unlock my bootloader, after I connect my phone to my pc and I put it in the bootloader mod. The problem is here, when i run "install-superboot-windows", my phone boot well and the message appears "This build is for development purposes only. Do not distribute outside of HTC WITHOUT htc's written permission" but the phone has freezed and don't boot, what is the problem ?
Thanks for your help :)

primokorn

primokorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:GT-N7100
Hi
I also have the following error message:

C:\r1-golf-superboot>fastboot-windows.exe boot boot.superboot.img
downloading 'boot.img'... FAILED (status malformed (1 bytes))

I connected my device into HBOOT to root my Desire C. Here is my version number: 2.00.73.1
If I connect my phone into FASTBOOT mode, is it safely and of course the right way to flash the above .img file to root my phone?

FYI the drivers are duly installed on my PC and unlocked bootloader.
Thanks for any help :)

EDIT:
flash done in fastboot mode and it's ok

Edited by primokorn, 18 March 2013 - 07:41 AM.

Linkest

Linkest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend Y300
I'm getting a SuperSU error: There is no SU binary installed and SuperSU cannot install it. This is a problem!
any suggestions on how to fix it?

primokorn

primokorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:GT-N7100

I'm getting a SuperSU error: There is no SU binary installed and SuperSU cannot install it. This is a problem!
any suggestions on how to fix it?

It means that you are not rooted. The SuperSU app allows us to manager the root acess only. The SU file in /system folder is mandatory to have root permissions and to be able to manage it.

see1saw

see1saw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC One S
Did you get a solution for this problem, as I also reached this stage but the phone stays rooted.

I've been trying to root my phone. I've got the phone unlocked but an error pops up when I run the bat file. I've attached pics of the hboot menu and the error. Any options I choose at the hboot menu such as factory reset or restore will give me that error. Any ideas? The phone boots up and works just fine. My hboot menu seems to be screwed though. I followed the unlock directions from here http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1947613 and used the HTCDev website. Any help would be appreciated. Would hate to have to send in my only phone for repairs.

Edit: Not sure if it matters but my service provider is Cricket.

KingBron

KingBron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi Paul ! I have a problem to root my HTC Desire C, I have unlock my bootloader, after I connect my phone to my pc and I put it in the bootloader mod. The problem is here, when i run "install-superboot-windows", my phone boot well and the message appears "This build is for development purposes only. Do not distribute outside of HTC WITHOUT htc's written permission" but the phone has freezed and don't boot, what is the problem ?
Thanks for your help :)

Im having the same problem! I really need help. Thank you.

dr.pythagora

dr.pythagora

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I have a Desire C from Virgin. I have unlocked and rooted it.

After installing a custom rom, nameless-v7.2, the phone lost wi-fi (it says error).

I tried to go to stock (I did a backup). But the wi-fi error persists.

People at xda-developers say that I have to flash boot.img.

I have tried many boot.img but none of them works.

Can anyone who has a Desire C from Virgin Canada can attach here his boot.img file?

I hope that this file, from the same stock, may fix the wi-fi error.

Thanks.

Glorfindel81

Glorfindel81

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Still valid in the Netherlands, it worked very well (used Lubuntu). 
Thanks!

psioniks

psioniks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

You are my hero!

Everything worked fine! Now I´ve got a new ´rooted´ phone!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users