Huawei Honor

Guest Frankish

Guest Frankish

This device is UK bound now at 250 quid. I see it as a lesser device however it does have a few things going for it.

ICS roms. (Miui etc)

Custom roms obviously.

Ok maybe that's the only plus over San Diego ha ha.

Guest kyan31

I think the zte mimiosa X would be a better choice. It is £197 with an 8 gig memory card. It is a much better phone too.

It has ics, memory card slot, quad core tegra, and removable back, and obviously everything you expect in most android phones!

Guest razzmataz1478

But the Huawei has a massive 1900mAh battery, I imagine that will last at least a day with my usage :) (my Skate only lasts about 8 hours!)

Edited by razzmataz1478

Guest i am not a hacker

Where did you get those specs from?! They are completely wrong! Website please.

It is dual core 1.2ghz and hasn't been released so i don't know where you got the price from either?

Guest Frankish

Yeah so far nothing confirmed on price for Mimosa X. Only a guess from a Chinese currency translation afaik. Shame the Honor has only 512mb of ram.

Guest Frankish

Ok even with no NFC and only 512mb of RAM i may be leaning towards the honour now with Oranges latest announcement regarding the San Diego bootloader being totally locked down.

Clove have it for £239. Which isn't too bad for what you get plus at least it has ICS right now (unofficially?)

Expansys £210!

Edited by Frankish

Guest FrankieADZ

Ok even with no NFC and only 512mb of RAM i may be leaning towards the honour now with Oranges latest announcement regarding the San Diego bootloader being totally locked down.

Clove have it for £239. Which isn't too bad for what you get plus at least it has ICS right now (unofficially?)

ive seen a few videos about ics on it, although as with the G300. its only a demo version

Guest scuzzbucket

The one thing I like about the Honour is it has official builds if DianXinOS which is one of my favourite roms. Still though, Galaxy Nexus prices are dropping steadily.

Guest Frankish

It's not from what I can tell they are swapping from ICS demo roms to MIUI roms and still rooted. Unless the final product will lock it down.

Guest daxter92

I dont want to open a new thread so ill post in this.

Would you prefer the OSD or the HTC Desire HD? Both for the same price. (Which one is better/ has the HTC more power with a custom rom than the OSD?)

Thanks a lot for answers!

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Jaisan888

According to the guy that's working on Ligux for the G300, the Huawei Honour's bootloader is also locked.

It is locked, but Huawei is a Company who likes to say "Yes".................To apply for the "Unlock Bootloader" password, you simply accept the terms & agreements, fill in the details then say pretty please and Huawei will email the password..........................

http://www.huaweidev...d=toApplyUnlock

NB: The Product type & Product Model cannot be entered, is probably because it is linked from Huawei Honor Support page.

Maybe Intel & Orange needs to learn what the Del Monte man is trying to teach, in order to be successful at selling any products, they need to learn to say "Yes".

For those who have access to the Hong Kong retail market, it is atm HK$2,260 which is approximately £185...........and it is going down due to the HK mentality of purchasing prestige foreign goods rather than mainland products.

Edited by Jaisan888