The 2gig internal partition

Guest pritsey

Guest pritsey

Hi all,

I've noticed that the 2gig internal partition is empty on my g300. I'm on B885 and don't plan on going to B888 as I'd rather wait for the official ICS. I've left the options so that the OS decides where to install apps, but thought that it might have used the 2gig for some stuff? I have an SD card in anyway, but clearly don't know enough about this! Any ideas?

Thanks

Craig

Guest RussellS

From what I understand the 2gb internal is only active if there is no external SD card installed. As soon as you insert an SD card it uses that instead of the internal and I don't think there is any way of telling it to use the internal anymore.

Edited by RussellS

Guest pritsey

Ah ok - makes sense!

So if you don't insert an SD card and the device puts "stuff" there, then you insert a card later on, does it automatically copy that "stuff" over?

Guest RussellS

Now that I'm not sure about because I never ran mine without an SD card inserted.

I've just noticed that the internal SD card is still usable for data storage when you connect the phone to a PC with USB because the 2gb is visible and you can copy data to it. However, it isn't visible on the phone itself. I've tried various file managers and none can see the internal SD card.

Guest craigysd

The 2gig internal memory is a folder called HWuserdata can be accessed through the phones file manager and PC, hope this helps. :)

Guest RussellS

The 2gig internal memory is a folder called HWuserdata can be accessed through the phones file manager and PC, hope this helps.

That's great, thanks. I may use that to store stuff that I don't necessarily want on the main SD card.

Edited by RussellS