20 Jun Ir14 (IMM76I / 4.0.4 / GSM): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Michael Bentzen

I've had problems with the wifi since flashing from lr13 to lr14.

I can't turn on the wifi. It just stalls at turning on, and never goes back to off.

Tried flashing the rom again. Tried flashing to Franco's r191 instead of the m4. But none of it has paid off yet :(

Guest Brembo109

I think when there is something to update Paul will update it, other way round when there is no OS update there is no Ir update

Guest seamonkey420

YES!!!! THANKS PAUL!!!! baking and flashing soon.. imo, MCR roms are still the best; closest to stock w/all the goodies. kitchen is def worth the ad-free subscription, 2nd year as a subscriber!

Guest PaulOBrien
I know this is pre-emptive, but what are the chances of an Ir-15 with JellyBean, after its release post-Google I/O next week?

As soon as it drops I'm straight on it!

YES!!!! THANKS PAUL!!!! baking and flashing soon.. imo, MCR roms are still the best; closest to stock w/all the goodies. kitchen is def worth the ad-free subscription, 2nd year as a subscriber!

Thanks for your support! It means a lot!

P

Guest Ken B

Just installed and lost my 4G with Ir14 and franco milestone4 kernel. Switched back to 13 until clarification. Did I do something wrong or just read instructions wrong. I assumed GSM was not CDMA and was 4G. Not up on all the acronyms.

Guest stephenball1

Paul, I really appreciate your continued development of this ROM. It's great.

Question: Is there a way to disable 360° auto rotate? Possibly by editing an XML file or something. I don't like having the screen rotate when it is upside down.

Thanks.

Guest PaulOBrien

Paul, I really appreciate your continued development of this ROM. It's great.

Question: Is there a way to disable 360° auto rotate? Possibly by editing an XML file or something. I don't like having the screen rotate when it is upside down.

Thanks.

I can probably add it as a kitchen option?

P

Guest corpisa

Thanks.

if you change to nova launcher there is an option to disable rotation which can work for you until the option is added to kitchen like developer comment above...

slds,

Guest nitrox1

Hi all been having problems with phone calls and reception,a phone conversation will actually drop out for no reason. Also data seems to be hit and miss wether it works.

On tmo/Orange.

And chance we could get supersu as an option in the kitchen so I can try a new build?

Edited by nitrox1

Guest Paulo Nobrega

so far here no problems or issues... battery still great with franco kernels, nightlies, stable and fast... i upgraded from lr13 and had no problems...

thanks Paul

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi all been having problems with phone calls and reception,a phone conversation will actually drop out for no reason. Also data seems to be hit and miss wether it works.

On tmo/Orange.

And chance we could get supersu as an option in the kitchen so I can try a new build?

Which radio are you on? How do you mean a SuperSU option?

P

Guest stephenball1

I can probably add it as a kitchen option?

P

That'd be awesome if you could add it as an option, if it's not too much trouble.

Guest nitrox1

Which radio are you on? How do you mean a SuperSU option?

P

Cheers for reply,

I'm on XXLA2, have been through previous IR's, did check ril this time via getril, and they match.

But what I have done, is restored default APN, and connected to Orange (my provider) rather than tmo/Orange, and I have a 100% improvement, to the point where I would say,I have no problems. Sorry for false bug.

Supersu option would be great, as I presume superuser came with this new Rom for root, like previous ones (I repscked zip, but would prefer to bake. It does say it's an option, but didn't see it when i was on the kitchen)

Edit: yep, double checked myself, in notes, says supersu is a kitchen option, but not in the kitchen. :-D

Edited by nitrox1

Guest PaulOBrien

Supersu option would be great, as I presume superuser came with this new Rom for root, like previous ones (I repscked zip, but would prefer to bake. It does say it's an option, but didn't see it when i was on the kitchen)

Edit: yep, double checked myself, in notes, says supersu is a kitchen option, but not in the kitchen. :-D

Ah, I planned to add SuperSU as default. I'll double check it!

P

Guest Paulo Nobrega

Paul, one thing I didn't noticed a long time are characters in sms. In Portuguese we have punctuated words like não, vão, só, etc. Those, count as several characters in messages app. So I just text like 60 characters and it counts more than 160 depending on how many words have punctuation.

Do you know any change on the app that returned this problem? Any way to resolve this issue, besides don't write punctuation cause it's hard not to when you write in your own language. :-)

And does the standard and app have the "not convert to mms after 3 messages" or am I being blind?

Guest corpisa

the silence here is killing me :unsure: I guees no one wants to ask about that jellybean update that came out yesterday... me neither :P

I guess patiente is a virtue... but a difficult one to master when updating your phone has something to do with it :wub:

slds,

Edited by corpisa