Ubuntu on San Diego; anyone?

Guest glossywhite

I think it could work as we have 1Gb of ram and although not dual cored processor,it is intel.

My cousin had 6 core AMD on his pc and to cut a long story short,he had various issues and ended up with a dual-core intel i7 processor which outperformed the 6 core AMD greatly.Intel clearly know what they are doing and make the best processors.I know this has nothing to do with your question,well it does a little because those dual core devices can run Ubuntu,and we are on a single-core intel chip which should be able to keep up with some of those dual-core devices.And as has been seen in benchmarks,it surpasses a few daul-core devices,optimus 2x to name one.

Dont we need root though ?

Here is good place to look for Ubuntu on android: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1585009

Edited by Guest

Guest .thalamus

Unless you know something everyone else doesn't and have a magic trick to exploit the Intel provisioning software to flash an engineering bootloader, threads like this are reasonably pointless. Just saying.

I can't really think of a good reason to want ubuntu on a phone either. Windows 8 maybe, but not ubuntu. Although I think the atom would struggle somewhat with Windows 8.

Guest glossywhite

Unless you know something everyone else doesn't and have a magic trick to exploit the Intel provisioning software to flash an engineering bootloader, threads like this are reasonably pointless. Just saying.

I can't really think of a good reason to want ubuntu on a phone either. Windows 8 maybe, but not ubuntu. Although I think the atom would struggle somewhat with Windows 8.

I don't mind you thinking it's pointless. I'm okay with it.

[EDIT]

You don't see the potential in having your PC in your pocket? You pull it out, plug in the HDMI to your monitor, connect your bluetooth KB and mouse, and bang - a PC! The hardware is perfectly capable - more than capable. Do you now see?

Edited by glossywhite