MoDaCo Custom ROM Ir1 for the Samsung Galaxy S III - new: Trackball Alert support

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest lt iibad

one of the things ive found lacking from most new ICS roms after using a galaxy nexus for over 6 months is the lack of a hardware recent button. on top of that is also the lack of an action overflow button and a menu button support for non-ics apps if you enable the previous two options.

is it possible to include in the kitchen an option to remap buttons and enable action overflow so the phone works like "REAL" ics

Guest Planet X

Today I have tried a BLFB ROM and I had to flash a LF2 kernel back to get MTP working again. That seems to be a bug on BLFB. Just to let you know. So I am back on ALF2 MCR Ir1.

Edited by Planet X

Guest PaulOBrien

one of the things ive found lacking from most new ICS roms after using a galaxy nexus for over 6 months is the lack of a hardware recent button. on top of that is also the lack of an action overflow button and a menu button support for non-ics apps if you enable the previous two options.

is it possible to include in the kitchen an option to remap buttons and enable action overflow so the phone works like "REAL" ics

Certainly possible, now sure what you mean by action overflow?

Today I have tried a BLFB ROM and I had to flash a LF2 kernel back to get MTP working again. That seems to be a bug on BLFB. Just to let you know. So I am back on ALF2 MCR Ir1.

That's a bit concerning... maybe worth waiting before adopting LFB then?

P

Guest Deus_ex11

I was not having any problems with MTP on BLFB. Copying files to my laptop and sgs3 was ok for me. If you wan't to use UMS (USB mass storage) mode instead then you can try this app on XDA http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1711009

There is a problem with the DLNA nearby devices that was working ok on ALF2. You just need to wait a bit longer before it activates and the text goes from grey to white. I believe it doesnt activate unless you have a DNLA device on already, on your network. Anyway it needs fixing by samsung.

Guest Scott9824

Hi Paul, thanks for this rom. I completed a trial pay offer but it hasn't worked, even though it was supposed to be instant. Gutted! :(

Guest Planet X

I was not having any problems with MTP on BLFB. Copying files to my laptop and sgs3 was ok for me. If you wan't to use UMS (USB mass storage) mode instead then you can try this app on XDA http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1711009

There is a problem with the DLNA nearby devices that was working ok on ALF2. You just need to wait a bit longer before it activates and the text goes from grey to white. I believe it doesnt activate unless you have a DNLA device on already, on your network. Anyway it needs fixing by samsung.

I am on a Mac. And I use Android File Transfer which was not working on BLFB. And I am not the only one I found out on xda forum.

But anyway may be Paul will have a fix if he updates the kitchen.

Guest Scott9824

Running Ir1 Vanilla the stock dialer/contacts keeps force closing. It did it the first time I installed after about a day, I wiped everything, reflashed, restored data and it did it. Once again, wiped data, reflashed and it's been ok for 4 days, and now it's started doing it again. I'm using a different dialer at the moment and it's ok but strange how it keeps doing it. Any ideas?

Edited by Scott9824

Guest SozzaSinnian

A request if possible please Paul ;)

Any chance for the Vanilla version that you could add the option to swap the Smileys button for an Enter/Return button in the SMS app like the Cyanogenmod team have done for there keyboard?

Or does anyone know a way to make the change?

Been using the rom for 2 days now and not had any issues. Battery life is amazing compared to the stock rom! I usually go for the latest CM but I didn't want to lose all the stock features so this rom is perfect for me, loving it :D

Guest PaulOBrien

Running Ir1 Vanilla the stock dialer/contacts keeps force closing. It did it the first time I installed after about a day, I wiped everything, reflashed, restored data and it did it. Once again, wiped data, reflashed and it's been ok for 4 days, and now it's started doing it again. I'm using a different dialer at the moment and it's ok but strange how it keeps doing it. Any ideas?

Strange... can you post a logcat grab of the crash?

A request if possible please Paul ;)

Any chance for the Vanilla version that you could add the option to swap the Smileys button for an Enter/Return button in the SMS app like the Cyanogenmod team have done for there keyboard?

Or does anyone know a way to make the change?

Been using the rom for 2 days now and not had any issues. Battery life is amazing compared to the stock rom! I usually go for the latest CM but I didn't want to lose all the stock features so this rom is perfect for me, loving it :D

I could probably do this, it would need to be optional tho, I don't really use CRs in SMS!

P

Guest NisseGurra

Paul: how did you get the aosp contcts to run in your rom?, i guess a edit of services.jar needed, mind to share?

Edited by NisseGurra

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Luffarn

If you dont include Badge Provider your Messeges will brake. I would suggest removing that option form the Kitchen. I had to extract BadgeProvider.apk from a firmware and install be able to use messages again (SMS, MMS)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest hamstertrance

Hi, i encounter the error, fail to open zip when installing bake rom zip file. I am using CWM for recovery.is there anyone that can help me?

Edited by hamstertrance

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...