Please get in touch San Diego owners

Guest Deenesee

Guest rm2233

Would love to hear what??

That the phone is great mix price and specs and a promised ics update but has a locked boot loader so it can't be as successful as say my old zte blade

Guest spences10

Are you the same person that posted the same sort of question on my eBay auction for the San Diego?

Going by the name I'd say yes, what is it you want to know?

Hi,I work in research and at the moment have a research on 2nd or 3rd July taking place in Cheam, Surrey. We are paying £75.00cash gift for 1hour to ask questions with owners of San Diego phone. Owners have to take their phone to the Market research with them, and we want to ask them to access different things like email,camera etc:- to assess usability. so if you or if you know anyone with San Diego who would like to take part then please call me. This is all above board and I am an Ebay member. thanks

denise xxxxxxxxxx

Edited by spences10

Guest spences10

Seems very specific if you ask me, and tbh I'd get bored after about five minutes of using Gingerbread+no root =/

The hardware is there but the sw is lagging behind, we'll be on Jellybean in a few weeks!

Guest Deenesee

Busted....

Just

I am just so curious what Busted means in your terms???? Offfering so called " mobile device enthusiatst" £75.00 for talking about something that they like to chat about on this site, just dosen't seem so awful to me. Obviously some are closet enthusiasts and are very shy. GAL

Guest Deenesee

75 for 1 hour of OSD demo sounds good to me(some beer money )

If you own a Orange San Diego and would like to take part in 1hour research South of London. we will happily pay you £75.00 cash on the day of the research. Get back to me for more info.

Thank you

Guest spences10

If you own a Orange San Diego and would like to take part in 1hour research South of London. we will happily pay you £75.00 cash on the day of the research. Get back to me for more info.

Thank you

Can you give us a bit more information about the event and your market research company please? Like the company name, and why you are targeting the AZ210 [Orange San Diego]?

Guest Deenesee

Can you give us a bit more information about the event and your market research company please? Like the company name, and why you are targeting the AZ210 [Orange San Diego]?

Thanks

I work freelance in qualitative focus group market research, we pay people for their opinions. My client is Sagitta Consultancy, Hythe, Kent . 01303 267647.

Sagitta's client is a technology company, involved with the mechanism of the OSD, and as it was launched on 6th June they want to find out what consumers comments ( good and bad ) are. It as simple as that.

Thank you

Maybe this topic could also be used for peoples comments too so you would get a much broader idea of users opinions,seeing as most users would be from across the country ? Obviously this is not what you are asking for,but if your goal is to get users views then why not use the san diego forum here too,even set up a dedicated topic,explaining who you are and what you would like to know :)

Edited by Guest

Guest spences10

I work freelance in qualitative focus group market research, we pay people for their opinions. My client is Sagitta Consultancy, Hythe, Kent . 01303 267647.

Sagitta's client is a technology company, involved with the mechanism of the OSD, and as it was launched on 6th June they want to find out what consumers comments ( good and bad ) are. It as simple as that.

Thank you

Well, after picking one up on launch day and playing with it from there till about five days ago I found that "for me" the screen resolution made it pretty hard to pick things accurately on the touch screen meaning I have to touch the screen several time to pick the correct thing on the screen

Viewing angles weren't great on the screen which is a nice screen but again some apps were a bit confused by it and were displayed in a letterbox on the screen

Build quality isn't the best feels plasticky but it is nice with the rubberised backing on it and the weight makes it feel really nice in the hand, the bezel around the sides of the screen weren't fixed very well meaning that it came away from the phone, you can see a visible gap there

One app in particular Pro Zombie Soccer didn’t load at all so I got in touch with the developer and they said that they don’t support the app on x86 Architecture [intel powered phone] and they had no intention to either

The camera is nice, but the shutter sound when you have it in burst mode is pretty annoying and because there's no root available for the device the shutter sound can’t be disabled

Which brings me onto the subject of rooting the device, Intel have done a great job in locking down the bootloader of the device meaning that no custom code can be pushed to it to enable a custom recovery and roms I spent two weeks reaching out to the community contacting developers on XDA, rootzwiki and here with absolutely no interest from the community [apart from MoDaCo]

With no progress on the bootloader being unlocked and the official line from Orang is that it’s staying that way mean this phone is of no use to me hence why its going to the big fleabay in the sky

This is a massive stumbling block for this phone and if the position doesn’t change then I can’t see any amount of ad campaigns shifting it

I have read from one of the developers here that he spoke to someone claiming to be a rep from Intel at an Orange store and that there had only sold ~500 units not impressive for a new paradigm in mobile phone chips

</rant>

Guest Deenesee

Well, after picking one up on launch day and playing with it from there till about five days ago I found that "for me" the screen resolution made it pretty hard to pick things accurately on the touch screen meaning I have to touch the screen several time to pick the correct thing on the screen

Viewing angles weren't great on the screen which is a nice screen but again some apps were a bit confused by it and were displayed in a letterbox on the screen

Build quality isn't the best feels plasticky but it is nice with the rubberised backing on it and the weight makes it feel really nice in the hand, the bezel around the sides of the screen weren't fixed very well meaning that it came away from the phone, you can see a visible gap there

One app in particular Pro Zombie Soccer didn’t load at all so I got in touch with the developer and they said that they don’t support the app on x86 Architecture [intel powered phone] and they had no intention to either

The camera is nice, but the shutter sound when you have it in burst mode is pretty annoying and because there's no root available for the device the shutter sound can’t be disabled

Which brings me onto the subject of rooting the device, Intel have done a great job in locking down the bootloader of the device meaning that no custom code can be pushed to it to enable a custom recovery and roms I spent two weeks reaching out to the community contacting developers on XDA, rootzwiki and here with absolutely no interest from the community [apart from MoDaCo]

With no progress on the bootloader being unlocked and the official line from Orang is that it’s staying that way mean this phone is of no use to me hence why its going to the big fleabay in the sky

This is a massive stumbling block for this phone and if the position doesn’t change then I can’t see any amount of ad campaigns shifting it

I have read from one of the developers here that he spoke to someone claiming to be a rep from Intel at an Orange store and that there had only sold ~500 units not impressive for a new paradigm in mobile phone chips

</rant>

If you live near, or can get to Cheam in Surrey, why not come allong to the face to face interview and give your opinions, and get paid for it. I am happy to go a bit higher and offer £100 for the 1 hour research if you also bring your phone with you, as we will ask you to do a couple of tasks with it. Your comments would be very valuable.

Guest Deenesee

Maybe this topic could also be used for peoples comments too so you would get a much broader idea of users opinions,seeing as most users would be from across the country ? Obviously this is not what you are asking for,but if your goal is to get users views then why not use the san diego forum here too,even set up a dedicated topic,explaining who you are and what you would like to know

We have to do the research interview face to face. We have a research viewing facility in Cheam Surrey (south of London) hence wanting to speak to people in the London area. I am happy to pay £100 to each person that comes along with their OSD phone for the 1hour interview.

Guest spences10
If you live near, or can get to Cheam in Surrey, why not come allong to the face to face interview and give your opinions, and get paid for it. I am happy to go a bit higher and offer £100 for the 1 hour research if you also bring your phone with you, as we will ask you to do a couple of tasks with it. Your comments would be very valuable.

eBay auction ends in a couple of hours so I won't have it from tomorrow

Thanks for the offer, but I'd rather just 'get rid'

Guest Roids

Come, come to Cheam with your shiny new smartphone, and let Deenesee mug your ass!

They are also interested in interviewing any Rolex or BMW owners......

(Just joking, of course, but you can't be too careful! :ph34r: )

Guest droiddruid

Come, come to Cheam with your shiny new smartphone, and let Deenesee mug your ass!

They are also interested in interviewing any Rolex or BMW owners......

(Just joking, of course, but you can't be too careful! :ph34r: )

Gah you beat me too it :)

Guest spences10

Wouldn't that be better to try with a more successful and expensive phone? Sgs3 mayhaps, rather more of them about.

I think they have been specifically asked to do it on the SD maybe to gauge if they need to keep producing it?

Edited by spences10

Guest Pondlife

Surely the sales figures tell them that, and if hecatae was right about those then no it pretty much isn't.

Though I was referring to those half joking that it could be a theft ruse.

Guest spences10

Surely the sales figures tell them that, and if hecatae was right about those then no it pretty much isn't.

Though I was referring to those half joking that it could be a theft ruse.

Oh, lol! not so quick off the mark there =/

My SD has now gone to hopefully somone that will appreciate it a lot more than i did :D

Guest Pondlife

Oh, lol! not so quick off the mark there =/

My SD has now gone to hopefully somone that will appreciate it a lot more than i did

My fault, totally keep forgetting to quote.

Seems there's still a lot to like about it, in some ways perfect phone for my partner as it stops me playing with roms on it :)

Guest captainkremmen

Where did the sales figures of only 500 sold come from?.

Oh, a guy who was at the Orange store and said he worked for Intel. OK, was the figure of 500 sales only in that store?, in all stores across the UK? or was it total sales across all stores and their online site too?.

I wouldn't take that figure of 500 as accurate, it would be easy for me to say I spoke to an Intel rep who told me they sold 20 million, which of course would be nonsense, but then neither claim has any proof. We wont know how successful, or unsuccessful this phone has been until Orange themselves release sales figures.

What I would say is that the Orange website sold out within 3 days, with the phone showing as out of stock on the Saturday after launch. Some members even also reported that they were unable to get hold of one in some stores until the following week as the stores had sold theirs. Of course, maybe there were only 500 imported in total for launch and they all sold quickly, and maybe the stores were only given one each.

However I'd wait until we have actual sales figures from Orange before announcing it as a success or failure to be honest.

Guest geoff1951

Why not contact SD owners by phone/email? Orange have our contact details. Pleeeease don't quote data protection, etc, I know such contact wouldn't breach the regulations.