This ROM only "works" on the 109808 baseband until the new RIL implementation has been reversed. If you flash this currently to your phone with a 2030 baseband, no mobile network features will work.
For those who have no idea what Ice Cream Sandwich looks like...
This ROM is the collaborative works of the ICS4G300 team (link below), which currently consists of qiwu huang, tilal6991, genokolar and myself. It's in a pretty stable state and runs really rather well. This ROM is compatible with both the U8815 and U8818 models.
Check the second post for known issues and the third for a change log.
Instructions:(have some sense and read them)
- Grab the ROM and Google apps (links below) and stick them on your SD.
- Boot in to Recovery by turning the phone off, and turning it on while holding the volume up key (not volume down like a lot of phones, volume down takes you to the bootloader).
- 'Wipe Data/Factory Reset'
- NB: I advise you reboot recovery here, CWM seems a bit broken with flashes after wipes, it seems.
- 'Install zip from sdcard' -> 'Choose zip from sdcard' -> ROM
- 'Install zip from sdcard' -> 'Choose zip from sdcard' -> Google apps
- 'Reboot System Now'
- Give it time - first boot takes longer than usual.
- Run through the first time setup, language, date/time, Google account etc.
- Have fun!
- ROM (01/07/2012): http://g300.thebrona...cm9-u881x-b.zip
- Google apps (29/04/2012): http://goo.im/gapps/...0429-signed.zip
- tilal6991 - for being awesome, helping me with getting started and offering a ton of advice and fixes all over the place.
- qiwu huang - for the amazing, incredibly fast work in reversing the Huawei RIL implementation.
- The entire CyanogenMod team - we'd be pretty stuck without them!
Edited by Dazzozo, 18 August 2012 - 02:37 AM.