[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest skobywan

Oh mother of a badword I just sorted Wi-Fi out! At 3:56am! Worth it.

:)

... kind of wet myself a little when I saw the network scan result. :P

Great work Daz. Looking forward to the test build working its way out.

Guest Umrtvovacz

Hello,

I am not sure if I understood this topic correctly as it is extremely convoluted, if you read from beginning, there are some totally irrelevant posts and it's 28 pages long... Is it correct that you Dazzozo crated CM10 rom with OpenGL Hardware Acceleration AND Oveclocking? How is that possible, when even Huawei can't do that? How comes you are not working for them or getting paid for this amazing work?

If everybody who is gonna download this donated you one Pound you would get at least some satisfaction.

Cheers!

Edit: After reading carefully through the whole topic I realized Huawei has problems implementing OpenGL HW acceleration in ICS, but you work with JB. But they could give us JB too, so my point still stands.

Edited by Umrtvovacz

Guest ScutulatusCrotalus

After reading carefully through the whole topic I realized Huawei has problems implementing OpenGL HW acceleration in ICS, but you work with JB. But they could give us JB too, so my point still stands.

They can't give us JB. Do you realize how big Huawei company is and what do they want? They want to provide a solution as fast, as they can and then leave it as soon as possible. Asian companies wants to flood us with products, not to bring the best solution. The best solution costs a lot of money, needs to be cared as a little child and Huawei cannot take care of them, because they want to produce more and more of them.

We should be happy with this what Huawei delivers to us. The rest is our concern.

Guest omegamoon

https://github.com/D...6d99bd2b8d93398

:)

Working on the overclock implementation now, I'll make it so the defaults are the stock speeds.

Edit: by the way, that commit above damages the stock ROMs a little bit, the stock ROMs will still expect cfg80211 to be a module, and will try to load it. Theoretically it shouldn't prevent Wi-Fi from working, as wlan_detect in the stock ROMs will try to load the module, realise the contents of the module are already there, and fail to do so.

Ultimately no harm should be caused and everything should still work but I thought I should explain that.

Copy that. Saw before that cfg80211 was build as a module on default and didn't liked it, so I changed that in my latest build. Results in following on startup...

<3>[162, insmod] [    3.636014] cfg80211: exports duplicate symbol __cfg80211_auth_canceled (owned by kernel)

<4>[162, insmod] [    3.637738] do_exit: exit code=65280

<4>[161, sh] [    3.638321] do_exit: exit code=65280

... there seems to be more logic going on after the insmod, since enabling wifi now results in a major hangup :( Have to investigate

Guest Dazzozo

Copy that. Saw before that cfg80211 was build as a module on default and didn't liked it, so I changed that in my latest build. Results in following on startup...

<3>[162, insmod] [ 3.636014] cfg80211: exports duplicate symbol __cfg80211_auth_canceled (owned by kernel)
<4>[162, insmod] [ 3.637738] do_exit: exit code=65280
<4>[161, sh] [ 3.638321] do_exit: exit code=65280
[/CODE]

... there seems to be more logic going on after the insmod, since enabling wifi now results in a major hangup :( Have to investigate

That's because wlan_detect is now inmodding something that is now already in the kernel because you switched it to the kernel, which results in duplicate symbols.

My understanding of it is that wlan_detect is a binary packaged so Huawei can ship the same set of Wi-Fi components without adjustment for many devices, and this is very obvious browsing the init scripts. They have multiple wpa_supplicant services, one called "ath_supplicant" which I can only assume is for Atheros chips, and we don't even have one.

What wlan_detect actually does however I'm not entirely sure, I don't know what it bases its judgement on, but I know it used to insmod cfg80211.ko and then run a bunch of symlinks, the latter failed on CM.

wlan_detect is a oneshot service - it'll run once on boot, and that's that. It got to a point where I had "insmod cfg80211.ko" running on boot, and then realised that statement was totally pointless as I could just bake it in to the kernel.

The real challenge in all this comes from "What's needed, and what's not?". Huawei as I said package things for tons of devices and you have to unhook things and figure out what is actually for this device.

hw_msm7x27a_defconfig (I believe that's what the default is) will probably work for like 5 devices.

Guest omegamoon

Meanwhile...

You may as well just contribute to my kernel on GitHub and release builds of that. It then is at least GPL compliant. :P

Yeah, I'll try to find a way to get my stuff public. I just don't have enough time to setup a repository on my own, so I better use someone else's ;) You have to help me out getting that to work though, because I never did that before!

Guest Dazzozo

I used it before, so I think I'll find my way

Do you have a github account? I'll give you contributor, you'll need to set up SSH keys and add them to your github account, and then clone on SSH.

To make changes at the moment I'm doing;

git add .

git commit -a

git push origin jellybean

Edit: doing the release build now

Guest Coffer52

Audio - working

Bluetooth - made a few discoveries last night, it's my next priority

Anyone interested in a build?

Great work buddy, I'm going to give it a go, is the camera problem insurmountable?