Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,319 posts
  • Devices:Crescent, G300, Y300, Nexus 5
  • Twitter:@Dazzozo
It's actually currently built using my "ics-b8xx" props and the 109808 RIL implementation, so if anyone is on B8xx the RIL might actually work.

Probably not though. :P

Like my work? Give me rep!

Like my work a lot? Donate! Remember to leave your forum name if you want to be credited!

adrien56

adrien56

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300, ZTE blade
great news thanks , do you think you could make or hack the UI acceleration in cm10? it would be much smoother i think

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco, G300
Would we need to downgrade first or will it be ok to test with the newer baseband ?

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,319 posts

great news thanks , do you think you could make or hack the UI acceleration in cm10? it would be much smoother i think

It's not just a "it's not done, now it is" kind of thing. Jelly Bean is complicated. You don't need to educate me about the benefits of UI acceleration.

Would we need to downgrade first or will it be ok to test with the newer baseband ?

Either way it probably won't work.

Or are you under the assumption that the baseband version has a larger effect outside of RIL tasks? It doesn't.

--

Edit: adding CPU governors now.

Like my work a lot? Donate! Remember to leave your forum name if you want to be credited!

timfimjim

timfimjim

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend g300, Nexus 7
Sounds like progress! Thanks for your hard work Dazzozo I will have a play when I'm back in England!

Edit: I'm guessing no point telling you about bugs as it's such a young build..?

Edited by timfimjim, 08 August 2012 - 06:53 PM.

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,319 posts
Not unless you can do your own investigation in to the problem. There's a lot to be done and practically everything will have to be looked at at some point.

Edit: for example, someone will report audio isn't working. I know, I intentionally disabled it as it's currently not compiling and needs to be redone.

Edit 2: CPU governors are working. Pushing it to github in a sec

Edit 3: https://github.com/D...7a30898ee92c1d4 done, I should write a diary or something

ramitos

ramitos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
I couldn't boot with your jelly-bean build. It keeps forever with the Huawei logo...

did factory reset and wiped cache

anything-but

anything-but

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
Boots up fine,i`d say it was a tad quicker than CM9 just now. :)

tcpaulh

tcpaulh

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad F1, Moto G, G300
  • Twitter:@tcpaulh
Keep your diary here :)

How To Provide Error Logs

There's a problem on KitKat with text wrap / reflow not working. Issue raised here. Please Star and Reply if you think it's a stupid regression

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,319 posts

I couldn't boot with your jelly-bean build. It keeps forever with the Huawei logo...

did factory reset and wiped cache

Wipe -> reboot -> flash.

Recovery is a bit buggered for some reason and doesn't flash properly after a wipe.

skobywan

skobywan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Devices:Huawei ascend g300

Wipe -> reboot -> flash.

Recovery is a bit buggered for some reason and doesn't flash properly after a wipe.

Is there anything in particular you need tested? I know my way around Linux a bit, I have a bag of smoke and a night to kill. More than willing to offer my help if there's any grunt work you need doing.

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,319 posts
It's a little hard to have a play around considering USB is completely dead besides charging, but I'm going to be trying to implement overclocking in a mo. I could share that for testing if it's successful.

glorifiedg

glorifiedg

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Devices:Huawei g300
Finally some good news :) thanks daz

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,319 posts
This is surprisingly a pretty rare SoC. MSM7x27 was used to death in loads of devices, but the 7x27A I can only actually spot in another device that actually has custom ROMs and such, which is the GT-S7500.

I tried their overclock method and got the same results they have. It apparently works, though you can't really tell. I do seem to crash occasionally at around 1.4GHz and they did too - they ultimately locked the max at 1.2GHz.

Strange. I wouldn't be surprised if this phone doesn't ever really gain much from overclocking. Not that it would need it if we had a ROM which fully works but anyway.

I'm going to try it on 1.2GHz and see what happens, might be worth talking to the GT-S7500 guys. The majority of phones with 7x27As are unreleased or Windows Phone. :P

Next priority is actually making USB useful. It can only charge from it at the moment. I have no idea how something like that broke but it's really, really hard trying to fix things or get any information out of the device at all with no logs. :wacko:

Edit: I think I fixed the logging mess that Huawei insist on causing. I can't test right now as USB is completely dead obviously. :P Now, if you'll excuse me, It's 3:46am and I need to "hibernate". :ph34r:

oldfella

oldfella

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts
thanks for your efforts daz

naghtan

naghtan

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire, U8815, U8650

Edit: I think I fixed the logging mess that Huawei insist on causing. I can't test right now as USB is completely dead obviously. :P Now, if you'll excuse me, It's 3:46am and I need to "hibernate". :ph34r:

Are you overclocked too? jejeje
that looks you are a genius or these its so easy! but you run so fast! Please keep going!
Great Works!

Cyda

Cyda

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 & 7 running PAC
Nice one, Daz.

b4da55

b4da55

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
Received this today from Huawei

Attached Files

wrtease

wrtease

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
  • Interests:TESTING ANDROID MOBILES TO THE LIMIT
    ALWAYS READY TO TRY OUT ANY ROM AND MOBILE TO THE LIMIT
  • Devices:SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB2 & S1 8GB
  • Twitter:@none
by christmas then.

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,319 posts
The way they word that - it's as if they believe it has an accelerated UI already.

Yeah this upgrade is seriously taking the urine. I would've expected reasonably to have seen a Jelly Bean upgrade within a month or two.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users