Photo

[ROM][ZTE Skate] Paranoid Android - CM9 - Tablet UI (15/12/2012)

* * * * * 4 votes

• Please log in to reply
1154 replies to this topic

sakiboj

sakiboj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
I dont know why but recently i am getting message that network stopped working, anyone else have this problem?

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5
What about your wifi sleep policy settings? By default wifi turns off afer ~15 minutes when display is off.
When you turn on display it takes some time for it to reconnect. If you are on mobile data and system switches to wifi
while you are already downloading/fetching page, you can get network error.

If you want to change this behaviour and want to have wifi on constantly also when device is sleeping you can change
it in advanced Wifi options.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

Mohamed Atiea

Mohamed Atiea

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

What about your wifi sleep policy settings? By default wifi turns off afer ~15 minutes when display is off.
When you turn on display it takes some time for it to reconnect. If you are on mobile data and system switches to wifi

If you want to change this behaviour and want to have wifi on constantly also when device is sleeping you can change

Yes also the mobile data dont start if you are on wifi and open mobile data then close it and open it again it will not up untill you refresh the network or change to 2G mode then back to 3G

WiiSky70

WiiSky70

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Interests:Is not your business...
  • Devices:BQ Aquaris 5

That is what i was saying a couple of posts behind :S . But people seems to be ignorant and rude sometimes

• Current Device : BQ Aquaris 5 (JB 4.2) 
  • Optimus Monte Carlo (GB 2.3)  --- >>> SOLD ! 

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
Let me repeat myself. It's not a bug but normal behaviour.
It's the same as you would unplug your ethernet cable from notebook and turn on wifi while downloading.
If you don't wan't to apply wifi sleep policy to save battery (wifi off after ~15 minutes display is off) then simply set
the policy to always on. Or just wait for the wifi to reconnect after turning on display before starting browser, play store, etc.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

sakiboj

sakiboj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
No i get that message while i am on web or play store, it last 5 sec and then continue to work normally but it appears more frequntly now

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
This is pretty much related to your networking environment. Internet provider, mobile operator, router, quality of connection, and other zillion things (aliens!!)

WiiSky70

WiiSky70

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Interests:Is not your business...
  • Devices:BQ Aquaris 5

Let me repeat myself. It's not a bug but normal behaviour.
It's the same as you would unplug your ethernet cable from notebook and turn on wifi while downloading.
If you don't wan't to apply wifi sleep policy to save battery (wifi off after ~15 minutes display is off) then simply set
the policy to always on. Or just wait for the wifi to reconnect after turning on display before starting browser, play store, etc.

You're right , checked the settings and all the stuff seems to work OK as it should be

sorry for wasting your time.

• Current Device : BQ Aquaris 5 (JB 4.2) 
  • Optimus Monte Carlo (GB 2.3)  --- >>> SOLD ! 

androidlimb

androidlimb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:reading books, go swimming, cursing my Skate :P
  • Devices:ZTE-Skate
Hi C3CO, I tested your Paranoid Built for a few days now and it seems hes very fast and reliable. Although I came across some Bugs/Giltches:

At the end theres the screen not dimmed - Happens only in hybrid mode

Posted Image

Then there are some graphical errors watching youtube videos HQ:

Posted Image

And the last point is, if you watch long youtube videos in a row the phone crashes/hot reboots itself.

Hope you can fix them (and sorry for my bad english)

Edited by androidlimb, 18 November 2012 - 04:56 PM.

phillgates

phillgates

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:Blade & Skate
Thanks for the November update C3C0, everything went perfect, seems less wait warnings with apps, and the latest Go Launcher EX runs very smooth, much appreciated!...................Posted Image

dron749273

dron749273

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:zte skate
Hi C3CO, good ROM, good work.
But there are problems with a touchscreen, not always works, to have to press several times, especially softkeys in a line of navigation.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Hi C3CO, I tested your Paranoid Built for a few days now and it seems hes very fast and reliable. Although I came across some Bugs/Giltches:

At the end theres the screen not dimmed - Happens only in hybrid mode

Then there are some graphical errors watching youtube videos HQ:

And the last point is, if you watch long youtube videos in a row the phone crashes/hot reboots itself.

Hope you can fix them (and sorry for my bad english)

These are for now the know issues.
Not dimmed area is related to changed resolution and is system wide. Looks like there's something
deep in the framework that doesn't compute the actual size right.

The green bar and glitches is related to non-standard resolution/aspect ratio of video.
Currently I have no clue how to fix it. Ganster is the one who provided the fix for HQ video. I just used it without
further investigation to understand how it actually works.

Hi C3CO, good ROM, good work.
But there are problems with a touchscreen, not always works, to have to press several times, especially softkeys in a line of navigation.

I have debugged the touches within navigation bar and found out that often happens that when you touch the soft key it's too sensitive regarding Y coordinate - it exceeds the current default threshold of 8dp (vertically) and considers the action as not a touch but movement so it doesn't perform the press action (you can try it yourself by enabling Pointer location in developer settings). I can increase this threshold (touch slop) to see if it will bring any improvements. Or maybe I could make the touch slop configurable in settings.

Verhaaltjes

Verhaaltjes

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate

I have debugged the touches within navigation bar and found out that often happens that when you touch the soft key it's too sensitive regarding Y coordinate - it exceeds the current default threshold of 8dp (vertically) and considers the action as not a touch but movement so it doesn't perform the press action (you can try it yourself by enabling Pointer location in developer settings). I can increase this threshold (touch slop) to see if it will bring any improvements. Or maybe I could make the touch slop configurable in settings.

Not sure whether it is the same thing I am experiencing, but overall my experience with ICS and JB roms is indeed that the touchscreen is sometimes not always as responsive as it is under GB roms. So I hope you're onto something here. Looking forward to testing with this setting if you can implement it.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
Well I think it's a waste of time to implement the setting without knowing if it will actually be useful.
But what I could do is to provide little mod with that threshold raised so you can test it yourself.

Verhaaltjes

Verhaaltjes

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate
Makes sense :)

Happy to try it out.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
Small update to test. Contains:
1) movement threshold increased to eliminate undesired movements to improve simple touch events
2) navigation bar hacked for better soft buttons responsiveness
Link: http://tinyw.in/P5GR
flash, wipe cache and dalvik cache

Good night.

dron749273

dron749273

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
thanks, became better, but it is not ideal

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
Well... This is the best we can get (for now).

ZekMan

ZekMan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
the camera is fully working?

dron749273

dron749273

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
C3CO, What size of a donation can be made?
I am a little constrained in money

Edited by dron749273, 20 November 2012 - 11:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users