Photo

[ROM][ZTE Skate] Paranoid Android - CM9 - Tablet UI (15/12/2012)

* * * * * 4 votes

• Please log in to reply
1154 replies to this topic

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5
You must install Voicesearch from play store. Should work after that.

Anyway I will fix the browser so it doesn't crash if voicesearch is not installed.

Or simply include voicesearch in google apps maybe? (or directly in the rom?)

Edited by C3C0, 27 November 2012 - 05:53 PM.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
@androidlimb

Fix I made for browser crash is now under review in CM gerrit. Thanks for the report and logcat.
http://review.cyanog....org/#/c/27217/

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

androidlimb

androidlimb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:reading books, go swimming, cursing my Skate :P
  • Devices:ZTE-Skate
No Problem mate. :)
I help where I can. Because you and Tilal made the skate more than it's wort and care for the community.
Have a nice day!

hadley

hadley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:t-mobile pulse
If you look in logcat you'll see a message that it failed to access block device.

On many phones the data partition is an ext4 filesystem, but on the skate it is not - it's something that is not accessible as a block device. That is why the encryption doesn't work.

Maybe we could get an ext4 partition from the sdcard mounted as /data so that encryption works?

Only issue is Encryption.
I use the phone to read work e-mails and procedures foresee a full phone encryption.
The Phone starts encrypting but never comes out of the process and when I force to stop (after 2 hours or more) , looks like nothing has happened.

TouchyAndalou

TouchyAndalou

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
Hey C3CO, I'm getting a kernel wakelock on this ROM called "taos" which is quite significant. Like 1hr 36mins overnight. Any idea what this is and what I can do to remedy it? Thanks.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
Light/proximity sensor.
Remedy? Hard to say. Or maybe keep your phone's front side in distance from ambient objects :)

Edited by C3C0, 28 November 2012 - 11:46 AM.

Schwedenbitter

Schwedenbitter

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, ZTE Blade

[...]
And Schwedenbitter already done the translation, so I don't have to break my head in English. :D

Feel free to make changes.
Somehow it's hard to translate. Lot's of words are melted to the german language, which makes it hard to decide to translate to best german or just leave it in english. So anyone don't blame me, if you don't like my suggestions.

Dio-Genes

Dio-Genes

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Interests:Music, Literature, Computing
  • Devices:ZTE Skate

Feel free to make changes.
Somehow it's hard to translate. Lot's of words are melted to the german language, which makes it hard to decide to translate to best german or just leave it in english. So anyone don't blame me, if you don't like my suggestions.

"Wir tun was wir können" :) (frei nach Mittermaier)

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Thank you!
Here are my german proposals.

German translations now added. Thanks.
https://github.com/P...f8fcb8b222ea0be
https://github.com/P...8d700b9516a225c

androidlimb

androidlimb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:reading books, go swimming, cursing my Skate :P
  • Devices:ZTE-Skate

"Wir tun was wir können" :) (frei nach Mittermaier)

Werds mir mal angucken. (Will take a look at it.) :)
Seems like I was too late. :P

Edited by androidlimb, 28 November 2012 - 05:14 PM.

NanJitsu

NanJitsu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Devices:ZTE skate
DSP manager doesn't make any effect with headset in this version.
except this,everything work fine.
Just reporting..(please fix C3C0.please)
;)

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
Dsp works without issues here. Have you installed some sound mods or anything like that that could break it?

shanga44

shanga44

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Can you add SRS Audio Effects to remplace DSP manager in the next release please ? (working with Android music player , Appolo, CyanogenMod 9 music and maybe other)

Edited by shanga44, 28 November 2012 - 08:40 PM.

24KiFly24

24KiFly24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Handball, cars, tuning, electronic gadgets:):)
  • Devices:ZTE Skate [RootBox/CM7.2]
  • Twitter:@Béla Bartha
Hi;) I have a question . I have been installing ROMs by"cwm/mount and storage/format boot cache system sd-ext"since I use cwm Yesterday I found otherway like the beginning of this topic. It is the same or is it better???

gianmarco49

gianmarco49

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi again
Is it only me having the "encryption" issue ?

Is it a know problem ?

Anglobal

Anglobal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Hello again. If I may report two issues with gmail app. One, when in tablet mode the app crashes when ever dpi is set above 150. Two, when in default mode, after some use, the app wont show email content until dpi is changed (again after some time it wont show email content) - strange. So basically, the app is only usable when in tablet mode with dpi set on 150 (and bellow). Luckily my eyesight is good enough :)

PS. I resolved the random notification slide that goes beneath the navigation bar by switching to landscape and back to portrait. So that issue still occurs (randomly) but its fixable.

Thank you for your work, I am very happy with this rom.

wizard.no.84

wizard.no.84

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate (OMC)
hi. i was just wondering, is it possible to install google now on this rom?

TouchyAndalou

TouchyAndalou

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
Has anybody else reported problems with the clock going out of whack on this ROM? It's happened a couple of times for me where I'll unlock the phone and the time displayed will be an hour or approx 1.5 hours too slow. The only way to fix it has been to reboot.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Can you add SRS Audio Effects to remplace DSP manager in the next release please ? (working with Android music player , Appolo, CyanogenMod 9 music and maybe other)

Sorry, but no.
1) What you may find better others might not - everybody has own preferences. So the best policy is to stick with default sound system that CyanogenMod brings and let
user to furher mod the rom if desired. Otherwise we would end up with people whining about DSP gone
2) I prefer avoiding of using anything for which we don't have a source code (except for proprietary device libs provided by ZTE of course).

Hi again

Is it a know problem ?

Not sure how this function works (never needed it). I could test it to see what's going on but I am not sure how this affects my phone, especially data on SD card.

Hello again. If I may report two issues with gmail app. One, when in tablet mode the app crashes when ever dpi is set above 150. Two, when in default mode, after some use, the app wont show email content until dpi is changed (again after some time it wont show email content) - strange. So basically, the app is only usable when in tablet mode with dpi set on 150 (and bellow). Luckily my eyesight is good enough :)

PS. I resolved the random notification slide that goes beneath the navigation bar by switching to landscape and back to portrait. So that issue still occurs (randomly) but its fixable.

Thank you for your work, I am very happy with this rom.

Blank screen in Gmail and also in other apps like Faceboot that are using views with text is a known issue that has been here since the beginning of ICS on Skate. So far nobody was able
to track down and fix the issue. It could be hardware related or memory limitations related.
Regarding DPI. I have my Gmail in Tablet mode with 180DPI at this moment and it works fine.

hi. i was just wondering, is it possible to install google now on this rom?

You can try this mod. But it's very experimental.
http://www.modaco.co...s-experimental/

Has anybody else reported problems with the clock going out of whack on this ROM? It's happened a couple of times for me where I'll unlock the phone and the time displayed will be an hour or approx 1.5 hours too slow. The only way to fix it has been to reboot.

Yes. I have noticed it couple of times, too. It's quite rare and I was not able to figure out what is causing it. Looks like listeners for system clock ticks in tablet's clock somehow stop to catch the tick events. It happened to me mainly when changing system settings for status bar.

@all
Been quite busy this week so I haven't had enough time to spend on ROM improving. I have the translations ready and will probably release an update.
Nothing special new, just fix for browser, fix for circle battery style missing for some languages, updated OMX patch from Ganster (although I don't see any difference compared to the previous one. The youtube HQ reboots are still there.)

Edited by C3C0, 30 November 2012 - 06:29 AM.

plegdroid

plegdroid

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,338 posts
  • Interests:house music, science, technology ,history
  • Devices:LG Nexus 4 . PA. 4.4

Hi again

Is it a know problem ?

Google only intruduced app encryption via download from market with jb, ics should not have this issue :$ :)

ⓐⓝⓓⓡⓞⓢⓘⓓⓔ ⓘⓢ ⓝⓞⓣ ⓐ ⓢⓘⓝ
4.2.2 -Test monkey.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users