Photo

[ROM][ZTE Skate] Paranoid Android - CM9 - Tablet UI (15/12/2012)

* * * * * 4 votes

• Please log in to reply
1154 replies to this topic

jtharmor

jtharmor

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Stake
removed messaging from task killer working fine now :)

sc3ne

sc3ne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Devices:ZTE skate
someone tried this on this room?
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1916926

Its a easy "installer" for google now, on ICS.

Redstarr1

Redstarr1

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Devices:Xperia S, ZTE Skate
Been a while since I flashed a rom on my loyal Skate (that's being used by my mom :P). PA has become the perfect rom for even technically challenged people (like my mom), big thanks again for that C3C0 :).

removed messaging from task killer working fine now :)

That's why I haven't used a task killer ever since I'm on ICS and JB, it'll just conflict with the built in task killer or give other errors.

WiiSky70

WiiSky70

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Interests:Is not your business...
  • Devices:BQ Aquaris 5
Ok tested the latest Paranoid and i don't like the lag to open the apptray , the Touch Screen response could be improved
in the next build .

The rest , everything works OK .

• Current Device : BQ Aquaris 5 (JB 4.2) 
  • Optimus Monte Carlo (GB 2.3)  --- >>> SOLD ! 

utternoob

utternoob

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Laughing at chavs, Formula 1, Football and general technology
  • Devices:Skate, OSD, GT-P1010
  • Twitter:@terrymalyon2
Lag could be because there is a media scanner going on at first launch. It should be better after a reboot

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

I may not know a lot, but there are others that do. If you have a problem, just ask

Sent with magic :)

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5
Also minimum cpu frequency is set to 122mhz by default and potentially it may cause slowdowns. So I suggest increasing it to 200mhz. Anyway, trebuchet itself is not as fast as e.g. Nova launcher.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

omegavesko

omegavesko

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate
  • Twitter:@omegavesko

Also minimum cpu frequency is set to 122mhz by default and potentially it may cause slowdowns. So I suggest increasing it to 200mhz. Anyway, trebuchet itself is not as fast as e.g. Nova launcher.

I've actually found trebuchet to be smoother than nova for some reason.

Posted Image
ZTE Skate // CM7.2 // 2.3.7
ZTE Crescent (P736E) // CM9 // 4.0.4
Alcatel OT-990 // MIUI // 2.3.7 Sold!

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
Well, might be but only in case "Cube" or "Card deck" transition effects are enabled.
Since Nova 1.3.1 the devs changed something regarding those animations and they started to be laggy compared to 1.3.0 version.
I also wrote a feedback on Play Store but nobody seem to care about it. Looks like there's no problem with devices with better hardware :)
I have turned off transition animations so I am using the basic one which is nice and butter smooth.

Edited by C3C0, 09 December 2012 - 12:14 PM.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

omegavesko

omegavesko

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

Well, might be but only in case "Cube" or "Card deck" transition effects are enabled.
Since Nova 1.3.1 the devs changed something regarding those animations and they started to be laggy compared to 1.3.0 version.
I also wrote a feedback on Play Store but nobody seem to care about it. Looks like there's no problem with devices with better hardware :)
I have turned off transition animations so I am using the basic one which is nice and butter smooth.

Hm, I'll definitely give it another go then, thank you.

Posted Image

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
Small update containing Settings.apk and ParanoidBackup.apk with updated German and Spanish translations can be found in the second post.

androidlimb

androidlimb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:reading books, go swimming, cursing my Skate :P
  • Devices:ZTE-Skate
Found something strange today. When turning my device on everything behaves normal, but when I enter cwm and say clear dalvik-cache. It says on the next reboot, something like optimizing the apps. Thats normal, but since then, I see on every reboot a dialog -> Android is upgrading -> starting apps. Anyone had the same "problem"?

Franck Black

Franck Black

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Devices:Orange Monte Carlo
C3c0, took this great rom Forum in HTCMania, I have a day with each update you do.
The issue is the Forum mates have told me that when they see a movie (eg: IronMan), 30 minutes to reboot the phone and nothing, goodbye movie.
I didn't know because I look not skate, except some short video movies...
You have idea that can be?

ParanoidJelly - Paranoid Android - 2.80/CM10 - Android 4.1.2
Maldita Ramona

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
It's a known issue without a solution at this moment.

Franck Black

Franck Black

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Devices:Orange Monte Carlo
OK, I do not bother me, but I wonder and I try to answer the questions.
I've searched some info and it seems that it is a problem of the ICS...
Thank you..

ParanoidJelly - Paranoid Android - 2.80/CM10 - Android 4.1.2
Maldita Ramona

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
Ready to test some youtube reboot fix?
Flash this zip in clockworkmod, no wipes are needed. Please, provide feedback if it really fixed the issue.
Thanks to thekraven for pointing me in the right direction and hephappy@XDA for his init script.

Attached Files

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
I've just finished watching Pink Floyd - The Wall movie on youtube (1h:35m long) without a single reboot :)
Looks promising.

omegavesko

omegavesko

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
Sounds great. Was researching something using Youtube today and the reboots were a bit annoying.

Flashing right now, will see if it works.

Posted Image

WiiSky70

WiiSky70

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Interests:Is not your business...
  • Devices:BQ Aquaris 5

Ready to test some youtube reboot fix?
Flash this zip in clockworkmod, no wipes are needed. Please, provide feedback if it really fixed the issue.
Thanks to thekraven for pointing me in the right direction and hephappy@XDA for his init script.

I see some straightforward progress in that fix ;) . Congrats C3C0 !

• Current Device : BQ Aquaris 5 (JB 4.2) 
  • Optimus Monte Carlo (GB 2.3)  --- >>> SOLD ! 

Mohamed Atiea

Mohamed Atiea

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
@c3c0 when using usb or wifi tethring i lose gsm voice and my phone is unavailable and noone reach me

manny0123

manny0123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, Blade
@c3co no reboots on youtube yet after watching quite a few hq videos, While using the youtube fix. I will continue testing and see how it gets on.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users