Photo

[ROM][ZTE Skate] Paranoid Android - CM9 - Tablet UI (15/12/2012)

* * * * * 4 votes

• Please log in to reply
1154 replies to this topic

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5
@Mohamed
Just tested it on my phone and it worked OK. So it's hard to say what could be causing your issue.

Edited by C3C0, 10 December 2012 - 02:32 PM.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

Franck Black

Franck Black

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Devices:Orange Monte Carlo

Ready to test some youtube reboot fix?
Flash this zip in clockworkmod, no wipes are needed. Please, provide feedback if it really fixed the issue.
Thanks to thekraven for pointing me in the right direction and hephappy@XDA for his init script.

Thanks C3C0, testing today, but it seems you've already tested it

ParanoidJelly - Paranoid Android - 2.80/CM10 - Android 4.1.2
Maldita Ramona

Mohamed Atiea

Mohamed Atiea

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

@Mohamed
Just tested it on my phone and it worked OK. So it's hard to say what could be causing your issue.

Toggel 2G mode

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
Ok also in 2g mode

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

Schwedenbitter

Schwedenbitter

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, ZTE Blade
I would like to come back to my GPS problem. I append a screenshot of the app Navdroyd looking for GPS position:

Even if I'm outside my skate doesn't find the position after more than 5 minutes. I don't know what the reason for this is. I can't reproduce this problem. I just know how to elimiate it by installing the ROM after cleaning everything. I've seen that at least one other user has this problem. Maybe others don't because the might not use GPS. I don't like to make a fresh install every time a new ROM is delivered from you. Anyway I would like to find out what the reason for this problem is.
Would you mind to give me some advise how to do so?

I can live with it, if you say no.

[edit]Thanks for merging the new translations. German looks much better now.[/edit]

Attached Files

Edited by Schwedenbitter, 10 December 2012 - 10:02 PM.

marko_serb

marko_serb

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Devices:HTC Blue Angel :)
My GPS works great every time, maybe there are too many buildings surrounding you? Sometimes it takes few minutes to get the location (if you're too far from previous position).

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
You can install some logcat app from playstore and let it log while gps is fixing and then upload the logcat here.
Do you have your data turned off while using gps? If yes then agps (assisted gps) feature cannot be used and fixing with only plain gps might take a while especially if you're too far from your previous position as marko said.

Schwedenbitter

Schwedenbitter

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
I was not to far from my last position this morning. I started at home.
However it took my NavDroyd almost 2 min. to fix the GPS position. I append the file created with CatLog just in case somebody can get some information out of it. I can't.
I wouldn't be so irritating beeing the only one. But as one of the posts show, there a at least 2 people with that problem. An I hope that there could be another solution than installing a clean ROM every time I make an update.

Attached Files

marko_serb

marko_serb

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
I'd say 2 minutes is pretty normal for all GPS devices, it may take longer - depending on the surrounding conditions.

utternoob

utternoob

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Laughing at chavs, Formula 1, Football and general technology
  • Devices:Skate, OSD, GT-P1010
  • Twitter:@terrymalyon2
Looks like it calls the process and waits forever, cuts it off and starts again

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

I may not know a lot, but there are others that do. If you have a problem, just ask

Sent with magic :)

Schwedenbitter

Schwedenbitter

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
Thank you.

I'd say 2 minutes is pretty normal for all GPS devices, it may take longer - depending on the surrounding conditions.

I would guess so, if the GPS could not be faster. If I do a freh install (wipe the partitions) and install NavDroyd it reacts very quick - somtimes within 2 seconds. Even if my new location is far away of my last one. But it takes forever if I just install the ROM without wiping. That's the only reason why I'm asking at all.

Looks like it calls the process and waits forever, cuts it off and starts again

Is there anything I can do against it by myself? If this is to much or to complicated I would try to start a new thread about this theme.

utternoob

utternoob

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Laughing at chavs, Formula 1, Football and general technology
  • Devices:Skate, OSD, GT-P1010
  • Twitter:@terrymalyon2
Do you have a Bluetooth GPS dongle? If so select that as a GPS source

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

I may not know a lot, but there are others that do. If you have a problem, just ask

Sent with magic :)

Franck Black

Franck Black

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Devices:Orange Monte Carlo
C3C0, the fix works properly, thanks... :D :D

ParanoidJelly - Paranoid Android - 2.80/CM10 - Android 4.1.2
Maldita Ramona

Schwedenbitter

Schwedenbitter

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Do you have a Bluetooth GPS dongle? If so select that as a GPS source

Nop. I just use the internal GPS sensor. I selected the GPS source. Insofar I further observed a strange behavior in some prior ROMs that the system settings forgot the GPS source. That doesn't happen anymore. The GPS source is found properly.
I would not have a problem with 2 minutes. But quite often the GPS search just runs dead and doesn't find any signal.

aamiel

aamiel

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Devices:Orange Monte Carlo : ZTE skate
Your earlier screenshot indicates you are using GPS status. Try GPS essentials from play store. For me it gets a fix MUCH faster. It is actually a great app. Pity its compass is crap so I get a fix with GPS essentials then switch to other app.

aamiel

aamiel

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Devices:Orange Monte Carlo : ZTE skate
Orange signal boost

Because I sue it quite regularly, I tried to put orange signal boost on this ROM. I used the one for the crescent assuming the two devices are close enough that it may work. And it seems to be working, just the notification icon is a bit small.

Just a heads up in case someone else is interested

marko_serb

marko_serb

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Hehe the same thing happened to me today :D Somehow nothing was selected as "GPS Source" :D So select internal, gps off -> on and it works. (I used iGO My Way)

Schwedenbitter

Schwedenbitter

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Hehe the same thing happened to me today :D Somehow nothing was selected as "GPS Source" :D So select internal, gps off -> on and it works. (I used iGO My Way)

The problem with loosing GPS source was somehow fixed. But it is the first thing I'm checking if GPS doens't work proper after a ROM upgrade.

I was looking for iGO My Way in google play store but could not find it.

thomcd

thomcd

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Devices:Orange Monte Carlo (ZTE Skate)
I hope Ganster41 can fix the color branding issue for some of the youtube videos. He's on to something

"Old"(for froyo?) has an unknown padding between color components parts of returning buffer. I have fixed that for most videos, but some strange resolutions are still gets broken colors with green line on top. "New" version are present in Samsung/LG devices, who has official Gingerbread ROMs. It returns correct buffer in dfferent color format(YV12, instead of NV21), but it laggy on VGA+ videos. Now don't know why. May be it convert resulting buffer to YV12 on CPU... I will try to understand it later.

but I think he needs some help to solve this issue.

Anyway, I would like to thank C3C0 for his PA rom, I'm using it now and I must say it's much more stabler than the JB rom of tilal (no disrespect ofcourse, but I got a permanent color branding on the homescreen of the trebuchet and it's lockscreen), with this ROM i didn't get any color branding whatsoever. If only the color branding in some of the youtube videos is fixed, this would be a much better alternative for CM7.2, CM7.1 or Gingerbread (2.3.x). I hope this can be achieved and I wish you all happy holidays and a great 2013.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
This is my Christmas present for you all - this year's final release of the rom.
Enjoy.

Changelog 15/12/2012
- merged with the latest CM9 sources
- fixed YouTube reboots
- Hardware rendering settings:
Allows controlling of HW rendering individually for any application.
This is useful for applications having the "blank white screen"
bug (gmail, facebook, ...). Turning off HW rendering for these applications
eliminates the white screen bug. As a side effect, the application UI
will become a bit more laggy - feels almost like gingerbread.
It's also important to know that some apps might crash when HW rendering
is disabled for them. If reboot doesn't fix crashing then keep HW rendering enabled.
- added utilization of copybit to accelerate 2D rendering
- added definition files for atmel and focaltech touchscreens
(eliminates on-screen pointer on some devices)
- updated German and Spanish translations
- new gapps package with updated Play store
- possible to upgrade from previous build. Refer to upgrade instructions in the first post.

Edited by C3C0, 15 December 2012 - 04:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users