Photo

[ROM][ZTE Skate] Paranoid Android - CM9 - Tablet UI (15/12/2012)

* * * * * 4 votes

• Please log in to reply
1154 replies to this topic

xapaal

xapaal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Amazing work, C3C0, really, im following this post every day

Im going to try the last update, thanks for all!!

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5
Compatible volume boosted CM9 S3 kernel is now available in S Series kernel thread

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

RaAmon

RaAmon

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:Running, walking, swiming, cicling :-)
    Computers & general technology
    Cinema, Books
    Family & friends ;-)
  • Devices:ZTE Skate
Thank you very much, C3C0 :-) I go try it

WiiSky70

WiiSky70

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Interests:Is not your business...
  • Devices:BQ Aquaris 5
Thanks THANKS :D , a Developer that i can really trust .

Thanks C3C0 and have a good Holidays with your Family and Friends :)

• Current Device : BQ Aquaris 5 (JB 4.2) 
  • Optimus Monte Carlo (GB 2.3)  --- >>> SOLD ! 

Franck Black

Franck Black

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Devices:Orange Monte Carlo
Thanks C3C0 and have a good Holidays..... :D

ParanoidJelly - Paranoid Android - 2.80/CM10 - Android 4.1.2
Maldita Ramona

Schwedenbitter

Schwedenbitter

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, ZTE Blade
Thank you very much for the new ROM!
If we don't hear from you until 2013, I even wish you a merry christmas and a happy new year.

Compatible volume boosted CM9 S3 kernel is now available in S Series kernel thread

As you can see, I'm a newbie.
What does that mean? Is this new kernel part of your paranoid ROM or do I need to download and install that kernel separately? If I'm satisfied with your ROM I don't need to install this kernel flavour, do I?

omegavesko

omegavesko

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
  • Twitter:@omegavesko

Thank you very much for the new ROM!
If we don't hear from you until 2013, I even wish you a merry christmas and a happy new year.

As you can see, I'm a newbie.
What does that mean? Is this new kernel part of your paranoid ROM or do I need to download and install that kernel separately? If I'm satisfied with your ROM I don't need to install this kernel flavour, do I?

It's a kernel you flash separately to boost the volume. If you're satisfied with the normal sound levels, you don't need to flash this one.

Posted Image
ZTE Skate // CM7.2 // 2.3.7
ZTE Crescent (P736E) // CM9 // 4.0.4
Alcatel OT-990 // MIUI // 2.3.7 Sold!

shanga44

shanga44

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Not connection in the Google Play (error server) with news Gapps :s

Schwedenbitter

Schwedenbitter

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, ZTE Blade

It's a kernel you flash separately to boost the volume. If you're satisfied with the normal sound levels, you don't need to flash this one.

Thank you for this description. Sometimes I use my Skate as mp3 player. I was wondering why its so quietly. Now I know this.

Which one would I need to download?
I'm convinced S3 volume boosted would be good. But how about S4? It also says "S4 - JB Based ROMs (ColdfusionX2, JB ParanoidAndroid, ...)". Until I have Paranoid that could fit. I don't like to read all that 14 pages of that thread...

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
S4 is for jelly bean and is not compatible with ice cream sandwich roms (which this PA rom is)

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

moominot

moominot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Thank you C3CO, flashing and working without problems.

marko_serb

marko_serb

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Devices:HTC Blue Angel :)

Be careful when increasing the volume, my speaker died because of that ;) It could live longer if you cut out the lowest frequencies from ringtones (you can use goldwave or something like that and cut out everything below 100Hz or maybe more).

omegavesko

omegavesko

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

Be careful when increasing the volume, my speaker died because of that ;) It could live longer if you cut out the lowest frequencies from ringtones (you can use goldwave or something like that and cut out everything below 100Hz or maybe more).

Good point. It could be useful for increasing the headphone volume, too.

Posted Image

Anglobal

Anglobal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Thank you for this very good experience with this rom on skate. I tried over the weekend JB paranoid rom from blade that was made possible to install on skate, and it simply doesnt compare with this version in terms of speed, looks and lack of bugs. One thing I do miss is the speed at which 'recent apps' button responds. On this rom it takes from 4 to 7 seconds to show while on JB it is almost immediate. But that is not so important when compared with overall experience.

Anyway, Im interested in whether anybody has tried installing 4.2 android keyboard over this rom? I type a lot of e-mails and notes so Ive been using Swype but just find it painfully slow to load and switch languages. 4.2 keyboard is supposed to have the same (swipe) feature but I couldnt manage to make the keyboard operational. It just wont showup when selected.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
I am not sure about the 4.2 keyboard since I've never tried it myself but I suppose it might work.
I use MultiLing keyboard which I find very good and customizable. Maybe you could try it.

Anglobal

Anglobal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

I am not sure about the 4.2 keyboard since I've never tried it myself but I suppose it might work.
I use MultiLing keyboard which I find very good and customizable. Maybe you could try it.

Thanks, I shall try it.

omegavesko

omegavesko

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

I've tried the 4.2 keyboard on several ROMs and I don't think it works on any ROM. Has anyone managed to get it working?

Posted Image

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
Ah.. I see... I could try compiling one to be used with ics some day but I expect there are some api level and probably framework level incompatibilities that will prevent me from getting it to work.

aamiel

aamiel

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Devices:Orange Monte Carlo : ZTE skate
C3C0, thanks for the update, it is nice and I am going to stay with this ROM for a bit.

However, it seems the latest update has broken the sync of picasa (google photos) in the gallery. I can see the number of pictures but not the pictures themselves. I have tried clearing everything I could think of but no results. It used to work in the previous ROM/Gapps.

Thanks to anyone who can point me in the right direction and of course C3C0.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
Hmm. Nothing changed in gapps that could be related to photo sync. I just updated play store, gmail and removed some unnecessary non-armv6 libs. I tried to upload pic to picassa and sync after that and it seems to be working. Anyone else having the same issue?

A little info on 4.2 keyboard. It's impossible to make it work as it requires some libs that are available for armv7 devices only.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users