Photo

[ROM][ZTE Skate] Paranoid Android - CM9 - Tablet UI (15/12/2012)

* * * * * 4 votes

• Please log in to reply
1154 replies to this topic

sakiboj

sakiboj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
Sorry for double post

Edited by sakiboj, 31 December 2012 - 02:16 AM.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,178 posts
  • Devices:THL W8
Disable gmail in hw rendering settings.
It's written in the latest change log...

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

ZTESkateOwner

ZTESkateOwner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:ZTE SKate
I've been using this ROM for a few days now, and my battery is draining like never before. I barely use the phone and my brightness is at lowest, but my battery does not seem to last longer than 8 hours.
Is there something to do about this. Because it's very annoying. Didn't had this with the stock gingerbread, there my battery lasted at least 12 to 15 hours..
If i look in Settings -> battery, there the most of the battery is taken by 'Stand-By' modus.
I tried to use "Advanced Task Killer", with no success of improved battery life.

Does someone have a fix? This is a great ROM but because of the battery issue i'm thinking to switch back to Gingerbread..

Thanks in advance!

BTW: first time i've installed a custom ROM, so all noob advice is welcome :)

androidlimb

androidlimb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:reading books, go swimming, cursing my Skate :P
  • Devices:ZTE-Skate

I've been using this ROM for a few days now, and my battery is draining like never before. I barely use the phone and my brightness is at lowest, but my battery does not seem to last longer than 8 hours.
Is there something to do about this. Because it's very annoying. Didn't had this with the stock gingerbread, there my battery lasted at least 12 to 15 hours..
If i look in Settings -> battery, there the most of the battery is taken by 'Stand-By' modus.
I tried to use "Advanced Task Killer", with no success of improved battery life.

Does someone have a fix? This is a great ROM but because of the battery issue i'm thinking to switch back to Gingerbread..

Thanks in advance!

BTW: first time i've installed a custom ROM, so all noob advice is welcome :)

Use Battery Calibration from Playstore. After flashing a new rom, the battery is quite often wrong calibrated.

Lex20nine

Lex20nine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Use Battery Calibration from Playstore. After flashing a new rom, the battery is quite often wrong calibrated.

Battery Calibration Won't help, it's like Portal's cake. I tried that a couple of times before it was debunked and the truth is it never helped my devices in any way. What he needs to do is check for any app or services draining the battery. Wifi always on (and not connected) bluetooth or GPS? A backup app or sync service like twitter's or facebook's (facebook app is a battery hog by the way =P). On the other hand, task killers are not recommended either. Whatever service needed to be run will be shut down by the task killer and restarted by the app needing it over and over again, so the drain will indeed be worst.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,178 posts
Turn off Google backup if you don't need it.
It is a well known battery and data drainer especially when ROM is installed for the first time.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

thomcd

thomcd

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Devices:Orange Monte Carlo (ZTE Skate)
I was wondering if the color branding on youtube videos could be fixed if other (newer or older) libs could be used (maybe from the ZTE Blade) because Gangster47 says :

"Old"(for froyo?) has an unknown padding between color components parts of returning buffer. I have fixed that for most videos, but some strange resolutions are still gets broken colors with green line on top. I think you can use "old" libs from ZTE Blade on any device, because "new" libs work on ZTE Blade too.

. Or has this something to do with divisibility of the resolutions by 4 or 16, giving a decimal outcome? (hence this "strange resolutions" he's talking about). I really want this to be fixed as this is the only remaining issue of this ROM.

Happy new year, guys and thank you C3C0 for the New Year's present (OctaJelly), might try this if it becomes stable like this PA rom =D.

thomcd

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,178 posts
I already tried those libs in the past but I found them worse than the original once. Playback was laggy.

Tomorrow I go to my real work after some break and will be too busy the whole January to finish one of my projects.

If anybody feels like doing some investigation on this issue, feel free. Links to complete sources are available in the first post.

nimic

nimic

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Devices:Skate , Szenio Syreni 50QHD
This does perform well in games? not good games, just some Classic games, it's faster than the gingerbread? waiting for a answer, i want speed and good looking.

omegavesko

omegavesko

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate
  • Twitter:@omegavesko

This does perform well in games? not good games, just some Classic games, it's faster than the gingerbread? waiting for a answer, i want speed and good looking.

Gingerbread tends to be better for gaming.

Posted Image
ZTE Skate // CM7.2 // 2.3.7
ZTE Crescent (P736E) // CM9 // 4.0.4
Alcatel OT-990 // MIUI // 2.3.7 Sold!

strudliak

strudliak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi there! I just want to know, which setting (phone or tablet mode) is the best way to run, if I want to save my battery... (which mode consum more battery...)

Also i want to know, if the senzor for calling (I think its proximity) works correct, cause some other roms just doesnt turn of my display during calling.

And the last question is, if there is no graphic fractures (or transition defects), for example when rotating the phone in some apps... because I had the JB (dont know which) and when I was navigating by my Sigic navigation and when I turned the phone, there was just huge crash in transition effect and app. felt down.

TY for answering!! And thanks for that great work C3CO!!!

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,178 posts
This ROM is no longer being supported nor developed. I recommend migrating to ParanoidJelly that I am maintaining these days.
http://www.modaco.co...id-412-19012013

magic bunny

magic bunny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
So my friend has a zte skate with this rom,and i saw some app that loads all app from phone and they start flying like in space,is there any chance to get this app ?

omegavesko

omegavesko

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

So my friend has a zte skate with this rom,and i saw some app that loads all app from phone and they start flying like in space,is there any chance to get this app ?

I've seen the button in the upper right corner of Trebuchet (the stock launcher) in tablet mode does this. No idea what it's called.

Posted Image

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,178 posts
RocketLauncher.
It's a part of Trebuchet.

magic bunny

magic bunny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

RocketLauncher.
It's a part of Trebuchet.

well can i get that on my phone ? i just need rocketlauncher or trebuchet ?

plegdroid

plegdroid

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,338 posts
  • Interests:house music, science, technology ,history
  • Devices:LG Nexus 4 . PA. 4.4

well can i get that on my phone ? i just need rocketlauncher or trebuchet ?

if you've seen it on a friends phone, why not ask your friend for it?

ⓐⓝⓓⓡⓞⓢⓘⓓⓔ ⓘⓢ ⓝⓞⓣ ⓐ ⓢⓘⓝ
4.2.2 -Test monkey.

omegavesko

omegavesko

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

if you've seen it on a friends phone, why not ask your friend for it?

His friend probably just has Paranoid Android on his phone. That's where he saw it.

Posted Image

plegdroid

plegdroid

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,338 posts
  • Interests:house music, science, technology ,history
  • Devices:LG Nexus 4 . PA. 4.4

His friend probably just has Paranoid Android on his phone. That's where he saw it.

would this be in any version of trebuchet? ( I don't use it ) I can dropbox a copy.

ⓐⓝⓓⓡⓞⓢⓘⓓⓔ ⓘⓢ ⓝⓞⓣ ⓐ ⓢⓘⓝ
4.2.2 -Test monkey.

omegavesko

omegavesko

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

would this be in any version of trebuchet? ( I don't use it ) I can dropbox a copy.

I think it has something to do with tablet mode. Not entirely sure.

I'd dump the apk from PA ICS to check, but I'm too lazy. :P

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users