Jr17 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest rabhw

Small issue, if you opt not to pre-install YouTube onto /system via the kitchen, the Play Store says that "Your device isn't compatible with this version".

Guest r5ingh

Anyone else having problems with Nigella? Also I assume it's wipe coming from CM9 and then non wipe for subsequent flashes? "The requested URL /cache/1340889756/280612-1522-Jr1-update-modacocustomrom-galaxynexus-kitchen-signed-MD5-.zip was not found on this server."

Guest Chris Jenx

Try a different server r5ingh, Worked great for me.

Yeah its a wipe from other roms, non-wipe coming from Stock/MCR. Upgrade from ICS was a little slow at first but seems to be smoothing out now.

I'm guessing this is a non final build? Seen as they are pushing OTA for mid July for the rest of the devices.

But loving it! Project Butter is something they should keep at with high priority, makes the device just so.. polished!

Guest r5ingh

Thanks Chris, I've tried signing out, any other method to change the server??

EDIT: Ahhh, Nigella doesn't like it if I choose 'sign update'. Paul I've also been redirected to purchase a subscription a few times when clicking bake...! haha

Edited by r5ingh

Guest PaulOBrien

I'll check the signing issue.

With regards to being redirect to the signup page, each kitchen load has a 'one use key' in it... you can't press back and rebake, you have to reload the page.

P

Guest siedkins

Just flashed ! Looking good so far.

Can I ask where the Microbes wallpaper has gone? Also any idea of the ones used in the Keynote?

Why does Google not let you sign in to Wifi before signing into Google? Very odd ....

EDIT - JEEEEZ this is QUICKKKKKK

Edited by siedkins

Guest r5ingh

Thanks for the info paul! Enjoying Jelly Bean in <24 hours after announcement thanks to you! :)

Could "Quick unlock" be integrated to the pin lock screen? I've been accustomed from CM9!

Edited by r5ingh

Guest PaulOBrien

feels like it it taking ages… you should find a way to get more upstream speed :P

Tell you what, sign up to Ad Free and i'll put the donation towards my upstream speed. :P

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Now i'm impressed, JB so shortly after relese.

This deffently compensate for the slow update in Ir14 ;)

Well done Paul!

Enjoy! :)

P

Guest Brembo109

Thanks Paul, as always awesome :-). Google Now and Google+ Events together are an real highlight ( my nexus said to me when I had to leave home to be at an meeting at the right time, because we had massive traffic overload. This really impressed me.) I love Jelly Bean, everything is smooth and shiny. Thank you Google and Paul :-)

Guest Brembo109

I found an issue with the offline Gallerie, if selected it and unelected the standard Gallerie and now camera and Gallerie are missing. I make a rebate with standard Gallerie and will report back

Guest Chris Jenx

is Upstream so expensive in the UK? we get 50/10MBit/s unlimited for 35€ with monthly contracts

Its better than it used to be, BT Infinity is upto 78down 18up but thats if your lucky. Western europe is much better in that sense.

At least we don't live in the US, there still a long way off what we get.

Guest dimmanramone

Great ROM as always. Some things that I noticed, Apex Launcher fcs (probably because it not updated for jb), titanium backup fcs too. Anyone else had fcs with Apex and Titanium?

I'll make a clean install with the latest kitchen and report if I still have the fcs.

Did anyone btw tried francos 201 with jb?