Jr17 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest corpisa

Did anyone btw tried francos 201 with jb?

stay with stock kernel for now, on xda people reporting slow performance with franco's jb kernel.

slds,

Guest dimmanramone

No FC's here with Titanium Backup, I made a full wipe directly

Did do because I was coming from CM9, but apex and titanium fcs.

Guest dimmanramone

stay with stock kernel for now, on xda people reporting slow performance with franco's jb kernel.

slds,

Did read that they had problems with nightly 200, but now there is a new one. Anyway first I have to make a clean install and then restore all my apps so I can wait a little bit more to test francos kernel.

Guest dimmanramone

@Paul any chance that the cm dialer is going to be in the kitchen for this ROM?

I noticed also that Superuser is not included. I'm was always using Superuser but now thinking about installing SuperSU. Any opinios on that? Which one is better?

Guest PaulOBrien

I think the more sensible default for this ROM would be to lose the search key (leaving it as a kitchen option) and using the default 3 key layout but with menu on both sides, active when hidden.

I will make that switch tomorrow, I have a couple of other little goodies to tweak too.

Having been working on the ROM since 7am (and it's now 7pm) I think i'll call it a day... i'll answer any queries tomorrow.

Have a good evening people! :)

P

Guest MacAllan

Great ROM as always. Some things that I noticed, Apex Launcher fcs (probably because it not updated for jb), titanium backup fcs too. Anyone else had fcs with Apex and Titanium?

I'll make a clean install with the latest kitchen and report if I still have the fcs.

Did anyone btw tried francos 201 with jb?

Mine apex is FC too, Ti i don't know cuz i can't access the phone since Apex is FC att start.

Guest Paulo Nobrega

Just updated from lr14. Didn't worked well. Lots of fc on system ui. Rebaking again.

Does anyone know if Franco kernel updater updates to the jelly bean kernel? Nightly builds?

Guest Calamity James

I upgraded straight from Ir12 without any problems :unsure:

Thanks for all the work you've put in today Paul :) finally re-upgraded my Modaco account to use the Kitchen :)

Guest Paulo Nobrega

Noluck again. :-( I get system ui fcs and I don't have menu keys... no back, no search, no app drawer. Never had problems with updates. Strange...

Guest djmcnz

Noluck again. :-( I get system ui fcs and I don't have menu keys... no back, no search, no app drawer. Never had problems with updates. Strange...

Wipe and report back. It's a different version of Android so best practice irrespective of the reports from other people.

Guest MacAllan

Apex launcher seems to be a compability problem, so we have to wait for an Apex update.

But i have an other problem, my softbuttons are gone:( , is it rebake or is there an other solution?

Guest Mike Temporale

First boot may take a while - be patient while it carries out it's pre-dexopt. It's worth it! :D

Ok.... So how long is "a while" ??? I've been starring at the X for the last 1.5 hours and not seeing anything other than a pulse of color. :(

Guest comicbookguy

Anybody else having market probs? Even after clearing the app data it still won't let me download anything...

Cleared Google services framework data and play market data and its sorted!

Edited by comicbookguy

Guest vagelis

Anybody else having market probs? Even after clearing the app data it still won't let me download anything...

Same here, SystemUI FC and no softbuttons... Re-bake, wipe, any other option?

Guest Brembo109

Ok.... So how long is "a while" ??? I've been starring at the X for the last 1.5 hours and not seeing anything other than a pulse of color. :(

That is not correct, it should last less then 5 minutes.

No problems here.

I don't know why but I do a full wipe with only restoring user apps (no system data) every time I try a new Rom (except cm9 updates) and i never have problems. Just sayin

Edited by Brembo109

Guest Mike Temporale

That is not correct, it should last less then 5 minutes.

Dang... that's what I was afraid of. What are my options at this point? I could pull the battery and reboot into recovery mode and reflash it. But it would be the same ROM file. Is it possible to copy over a newer ROM from the kitchen at that point?

Guest PaulOBrien

Same here, SystemUI FC and no softbuttons... Re-bake, wipe, any other option?

Flash the pre-bake as a working starting point!

Sounds like you have a rogue option...?

P

Guest jmagee

I would also like to add thanks. And finally coming round to my way of thinking with no search button, just leave it on the bar. I like symmetry :-)

Edit 1: I'm also having issues with system.ui but hey what's new :-) just getting fc and no keys at all. Trying a clean install now with custom options otherwise will nandroid and try again tomorrow. Kinda liking the new boot screen

Edit 2: with a full wipe and install it works no problem

Edited by jmagee

Guest dimmanramone

Mine apex is FC too, Ti i don't know cuz i can't access the phone since Apex is FC att start.

Go to settings from the notification bar and clear defaults in Apex, then make default the stock launcher, this should at least solve your Apex fcs problems. I did that and I don't have any other problems except the Titanium fcs. I guess we should wait for an Apex and Titanium update. Else the ROM is perfect and really running a lot a lot smoother than any other ROM I had.

Guest vagelis

Sounds like you have a rogue option...?

P

Same issue, even with the pre-bake :(