Jr17 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Jr12 is now available in the kitchen! As usual, after a short period of testing both by myself and kitchen users it'll be available as prebake! :)

This is mostly an app update / fix + tweak release. The 'gradient fix' is now also included in all bakes, if you spot any remaining bad gradients please report to the elite 'G-Squad' by posting in this topic and it'll get fixed. :P

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and Happy New Year - thanks for your support in 2012... looking forward to 2013! :)

P

Changelog

28th December Jr12

• All installed apps updated to latest versions.
  • Gradient fix - if you spot any bad gradients please post in topic.
  • Numerous small improvements and bug fixes.

Very nice and stable rom, Paul!

Any reason why Adobe Flash Player 11.1.115.12 is still integrated while Adobe Flash Player 11.1.115.34 is available for some time (backward compatibility) ?

Chrome's latest update 18.0.1025469 is not yet system integrated and TiBu fails to do the job correctly, resulting in a Chrome errmsg.

Maybe something to be fixed in the next update ? Thx!

Happy New Year to everyone!

Edited by syddp

Guest PaulOBrien

Prebake is now online! :)

I'm offline this week, but i'll read all posts on my return and prepare the next update. Thanks for your support and Happy New Year! :)

P

Guest David Bate

I'm offline this week, but i'll read all posts on my return and prepare the next update. Thanks for your support and Happy New Year! :)

P

Have a safe New Years too Paul.. And great work!!

Guest corpisa

P

enjoy this time, thanks for keeping us up to date with the latest..:!!!

feliz año...!!

Edited by corpisa

Guest David Bate

Paul, hopefully you'll be able to throw in the weather info on the lock screen at some point. It would be a perfect bonus. :)

We Canadians need to have easy access to that weather info, as every 5 steps we take, the weather changes.. :)

UPDATE: Nevermind.. :) I found an app that fit the bill.

Edited by David Bate

Guest Thomas Robinson

Hi Paul,

Great work on this ROM. Been loving it and it is well worth paying a premium to get access to the kitchen.

I have a question though. What is the source of this ROM?

The reason I ask is there is an issue with Vodafone UK for quite a few people where YouTube doesn't work over 3G but fine over WiFi. (see below link)

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Samsung-Galaxy-S3/YouTube-not-working-over-3G-HSDPA/td-p/1300174/highlight/false

The general consensus on the Vodafone forums is that it is caused by non-stock ROMs. AOKP gives me the problem naturally as it is custom but strangely I don't get the problem using MoDaCo and I was hoping you might be able to tell me the difference in the core of each.

Would also be great to get a developers insight into the issue and if you get time, please check out the above link and tell me what you think.

Thanks,

Tom.

Guest nemesys504

@Paul Will you support the LTE version again? Love your work and ROMS but I would love to have a Modaco Jellybean ROM for my Galaxy Nexus LTE.

Guest PaulOBrien

just updated to r12 and add issue, the circle battery battery mod option isnt worknig. anyone else get that?

Checking!

Hi Paul,

Great work on this ROM. Been loving it and it is well worth paying a premium to get access to the kitchen.

I have a question though. What is the source of this ROM?

The reason I ask is there is an issue with Vodafone UK for quite a few people where YouTube doesn't work over 3G but fine over WiFi. (see below link)

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Samsung-Galaxy-S3/YouTube-not-working-over-3G-HSDPA/td-p/1300174/highlight/false

The general consensus on the Vodafone forums is that it is caused by non-stock ROMs. AOKP gives me the problem naturally as it is custom but strangely I don't get the problem using MoDaCo and I was hoping you might be able to tell me the difference in the core of each.

Would also be great to get a developers insight into the issue and if you get time, please check out the above link and tell me what you think.

Thanks,

Tom.

Are you installing YouTube in a flash or from the Play Store?

@Paul Will you support the LTE version again? Love your work and ROMS but I would love to have a Modaco Jellybean ROM for my Galaxy Nexus LTE.

Possibly but undecided atm due to testing difficulties!

CyanogenMod Chronus- Better lockscreen & homescreen clock (Update 4/1/13)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2078205

Works great with MoDaCo.

That looks NICE!

P

Guest EddyOS

The Chronus lockscreen widget is good, especially if you have it to maximize before unlocking (this might be a CM10.1 feature, not the widget itself)

Edited by EddyOS

Guest Cathal Garrad

Rock solid rom, remarkably good over the last year. So good in fact I'm skipping the N4 to wait for the cortex 15 release which I have never done.

Couple of things:

1. On iPhone you can set the brightness you like and then hit auto brightness and it uses the initial setting you chose as the base brightness. Android decides your default for you. Can the iPhone functionality be included?

2. Set "always automatically show the pictures from this sender" in GMail app to default on rather than off? Really annoying to have to click each one twice every time I do a clean install ;-)

3. Tripadvisor unable to find GPS location if GPS has been used by another app. Need to turn off GPS in quicksettings and re enable or sometimes reboot phone.

4. XLouder in kitchen. Boot to custom recovery install is a pita ;-) http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1748803

Edited by Cathal Garrad

Guest De Mook

Rock solid rom, remarkably good over the last year. So good in fact I'm skipping the N4 to wait for the cortex 15 release which I have never done.

Couple of things:

1. On iPhone you can set the brightness you like and then hit auto brightness and it uses the initial setting you chose as the base brightness. Android decides your default for you. Can the iPhone functionality be included?

This option would be great.

Guest PaulOBrien

So here's something i'm considering (well, actually, testing right now)... a MCMCR to go with the MCR. Think MCR, with many of the same kitchen, ,options, tweaks and optimisations, but instead based on the CyanogenMod 10.1 4.2 latest code. Probably re-built to the latest code every Friday for something to play with over the weekend.

Good idea?

P

Guest Cathal Garrad

Have CM9 on my Galaxy tab 10.1. Always giving problems with crashing, icons missing, wont turn on and bootlooping. This happens from clean installs as well. Could be a hardware issue but I doubt it...

Have not tried CM10 on my SGN mind you.

Guest David Bate

So here's something i'm considering (well, actually, testing right now)... a MCMCR to go with the MCR. Think MCR, with many of the same kitchen, ,options, tweaks and optimisations, but instead based on the CyanogenMod 10.1 4.2 latest code. Probably re-built to the latest code every Friday for something to play with over the weekend.

Good idea?

P

That sounds interesting.. The big friday night play.. Lets try it.. :D

Guest corpisa

Good idea?

P

with your support sounds like a great idea... B) we all know CM can have its hickups here and there but like you said to play around with will be great. I for example still miss on your ROM some sound tweak, I also have an S3 that I use for work and it just sounds so much louder than the nexus and having a stable CM rom supported by you should have already included a good sound tweak so to me personally that sounds pretty tempting...

By the way, are you updating the S3 thread? do you still own one?

happy weekend to everyone...!!!

slds,

Good idea?

P

Been using CM 10.1 nightlies on my SGS2 for a while now and it runs really well. And I've been loving your MCR on my Galaxy Nexus too Paul (thanks a lot for all of your great work!) so a "MCMCR" combining the two sounds like a fine plan to me! :-) I can't wait to try it!