Jr17 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

So here's something i'm considering (well, actually, testing right now)... a MCMCR to go with the MCR. Think MCR, with many of the same kitchen, ,options, tweaks and optimisations, but instead based on the CyanogenMod 10.1 4.2 latest code. Probably re-built to the latest code every Friday for something to play with over the weekend.

Good idea?

P

Paul, thanks for your continued great work. (I finally rooted my Nexus but still use my Desire as my boat and beach 'beater').

When, I think "MoDaCo", I think stability, optimized tweaks, a clean and professional look: my 'Daily Driver'. It would be interesting to check out your CM builds but I hope I don't lose you in the XDA market dilution chasing after inherited bugs resulting in the need for frequent wipes and re-flashing. I'll probably stick with your builds based on your traditional philosophy...

Keep up the great work!

I moved from unrooted stock JOP40D to Jr12 using the Nexus Toolkit and all is stable but I'm experiencing an issue with Bluetooth and would appreciate any advice:

When using the onboard SIP client, Phone audio is not being transferred to any of my Bluetooth devices (I.e. EgoTalk car kit, SE MW600 headset). However, I can't recall if this is stock-normal. Is anyone using Bluetooth with the SIP client?

Thanks.

Guest PaulOBrien

Paul, thanks for your continued great work. (I finally rooted my Nexus but still use my Desire as my boat and beach 'beater').

When, I think "MoDaCo", I think stability, optimized tweaks, a clean and professional look: my 'Daily Driver'. It would be interesting to check out your CM builds but I hope I don't lose you in the XDA market dilution chasing after inherited bugs resulting in the need for frequent wipes and re-flashing. I'll probably stick with your builds based on your traditional philosophy...

Keep up the great work!

Rest assured traditional MCR will get top priority, which any MCMCR would bring some of the optimisations and stability you're used to to CM!

P

Guest Cathal Garrad

Rest assured traditional MCR will get top priority, which any MCMCR would bring some of the optimisations and stability you're used to to CM!

P

Great, subscription renewed ;-)

So here's something i'm considering (well, actually, testing right now)... a MCMCR to go with the MCR. Think MCR, with many of the same kitchen, ,options, tweaks and optimisations, but instead based on the CyanogenMod 10.1 4.2 latest code. Probably re-built to the latest code every Friday for something to play with over the weekend.

Good idea?

P

Very much so, Paul. Would love to see how you'd set it all up and improve on CM 10.1

I moved from unrooted stock JOP40D to Jr12 using the Nexus Toolkit and all is stable but I'm experiencing an issue with Bluetooth and would appreciate any advice:

When using the onboard SIP client, Phone audio is not being transferred to any of my Bluetooth devices (I.e. EgoTalk car kit, SE MW600 headset). However, I can't recall if this is stock-normal. Is anyone using Bluetooth with the SIP client?

Thanks.

Hi,

I was having Bluetooth problems on my GNex and I and I an with my nexus 4 still. I think it's a Google issue as for the nexus 4 stock didn't work either

Hi,

I was having Bluetooth problems on my GNex and I and I an with my nexus 4 still. I think it's a Google issue as for the nexus 4 stock didn't work either

Thanks jmagee. I was considering re-flashing stock to check.

No problem, worth a try but with 4.2 and 4.2.1 I've had a problem.

I have no problems whatsoever streaming media (FLAC level 5 Compression) via Bluetooth with Jr12 or stock to any of my devices. I use it daily. The only issue I've noticed is that my SIP calls are not transferring. I've re-flash Jr12 with Secure Boot just to check but no difference....

Guest PaulOBrien

A minor update has been uploaded to the kitchen this afternoon. I'm working on the next main update including more features from CM and a few fixes and enhancements.

P

Changelog

18th Jan

• Updated all 3rd party components
  • Added MoDaCo Forums app

just reflashed, circle mod battery meter still inst working though. is it just me thats happening to?

It worked for me: had it for about a week. Didn't like it so re-flashed with stock meter.

Guest David Bate

Those in Canada, specially those on Rogers, I downloaded the UGLH1 radio and so far I am getting better signal reception then on the XXLH1 radio.

Guest PaulOBrien

New release online in kitchen and prebake! :)

Changelog

30th Jan Jr13

• Updated all components to the latest release
  • Added additional CyanogenMod options to the kitchen
  • Minor fixes and improvements

18th Jan

• CyanogenMod parts updated to 180113 nightly
    • Updated all 3rd party components
    • Added MoDaCo Forums app