Jr17 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Dieter Schroeder

Thank you for the update. Although I would prefer to keep this ROM as pure as it once was. You're adding more and more CM to it. I personally don't like CM and there is another ROM based on CM at MODACO.

Guest Dieter Schroeder

That is correct, but they are there. Don't get me wrong, but I'm afraid, that you decide to drop this ROM in favour of the CM based one, due to no more or little difference between them.

Guest mark2410

anyone using the 2g / 3g toggle option?

ive tried it a couple of times but everytime it fires up a wifi connection and flicks over to 2g fine. it wont go the other way though as when it connects to wifi it turns of the mobile data connection and wont turn it back on.

suggestions, did i set something silly?

Guest anssi_s
anyone using the 2g / 3g toggle option?

ive tried it a couple of times but everytime it fires up a wifi connection and flicks over to 2g fine. it wont go the other way though as when it connects to wifi it turns of the mobile data connection and wont turn it back on.

suggestions, did i set something silly?

I've had that problem but only sometimes. Likewise sometimes the phone seems to get stuck in 2g. It's been rare though. Sometimes toggling data or 3g fixes it, sometimes I have to reboot.

I'm not sure this saves anything like significant power either. Are there any measurements? For me the main use for this is that the phone switches to 2g at home where I have poor 3g.

Guest mark2410

ive only used a few times myself as i find the phone blitz's through the battery so i always carry a spare anyway. still it would have been nice if it was working fully and reliably. its a pain when its not flicked back on data, youve had no notifications and then you go to use it and have to turn the toggle off and start back the data connection. usually im in pretty good 3g coverage so its easier just to not bother.

Guest Cathal Garrad

Just go into Google Framework and turn off Notifications...

Perfect,

Settings, Apps, Swipe Left Twice to All, Google Services Framework, Untick Show Notifications.

Its the little things ;-)