T-Mobile APN Details (Solution)

Guest WhoAreWe

Guest WhoAreWe

I recently purchased the g300 as payasyougo from vodaphone. I managed to get everything to work except activating the 3g network.

Spent over an hour speaking with two different reps from tmobile customer service and another 45mins at one of their physical stores.

Resulted in them blaming vodaphone and the g300 on 3g not working. What shocking is that they all gave out the wrong information.

Here are the settings that worked for me after i made a small observation.

Name: TMO

APN : general.t-mobile.co.uk

username: user

password: pass

mmc: 234

mnc: 30

authentication: pap

T-mobile gave the apn as: general.t-mobile.uk (no use of .co)

Everyone i spoke with confirmed this. Its even listed on this forum where as every other carrrier either has .co.uk or .com

Maybe its correct but it certainly didnt work on the g300. Maybe others can confirm this?

Guest WhoAreWe

Just checked mine, and its the one you say didnt work, general.t-mobile.uk . working fine for me. Odd.

And you were using the g300? If so i guess its not their fault. I was pissed because i had to spend all that time searching for a solution.

I know it wasnt user error because i set up two apn profiles. Both with exactly the same details minus the address.

The one with .UK simply did not work.

Guest tronads

Yes of course on the G300, given its the G300 forum ! hehe

I do note that my username/password are different to those you quoute though.

Guest tronads

I have just discovered my MMS settings arent working, as I received one which just gave me a url and a password, rather than the picture....it used to work on my Blade using this sim. I have set the second APN for the MMS settings as per T-Mobile web site.

Does yours work ok Frankish ?