What about Jelly Bean on Skate???

Guest whashnez

Guest plegdroid
Is anyone getting redirected to go freebies.com when they go on xda using your phone?

no, tried different ways of getting to xda from my phone, and all take me direct to xda. tried, tapa, tapa to webview, stock browser, and opera mini next. all ok. :$

Guest Josh92

Google now looks amazing

Yeah it does, had me confused for a second, thought you were saying Google itself looks amazing as of now lol. Google Now.

Guest Josh92
on One X it works and look nice :) but there are some issues like camera so it isnt useful for me :)
Oh not the dreaded camera issues again! XD

Guest tillaz

OTA? This won't work on the skate will it?

no, i posted this because people might want to unpack it and extract some of the new apps,

like the new google search (assistant) and get it working on cm9 or other ics based roms...

or the boot animation and all other things like ringtones etc...

just for people to have a poke around really lol

Guest gitly-git

no, i posted this because people might want to unpack it and extract some of the new apps,

like the new google search (assistant) and get it working on cm9 or other ics based roms...

or the boot animation and all other things like ringtones etc...

just for people to have a poke around really lol

Some folks on xda have already extracted goodies from jb, on Android apps section.

Edited by gitly-git

Guest Josh92

Whats the use of jelly bean if even ICS is not working with so many features.......... ;)

JB doesn't seem too different from ICS, hopefully it'll be ported with mostly only the same issues ICS has but with the added benefits.

Guest omegavesko
Whats the use of jelly bean if even ICS is not working with so many features..........;)

What bloody features? ColdFusionX is only missing FM radio and panorama mode in the camera. We've got a far more stable port than a lot of other phones.

Guest gavin.19

What bloody features? ColdFusionX is only missing FM radio and panorama mode in the camera. We've got a far more stable port than a lot of other phones.

Apart from choppy HQ video playback, choppy HQ Youtube, no camera flash, no Flash support and no Dolby/Bravia support (if you want to even count that)? I'm not knocking CFX, hell I'm using it right now, but you should know what you're sacrificing by not using a 2.3.x ROM.

Guest Redstarr1

Apart from choppy HQ video playback, choppy HQ Youtube, no camera flash, no Flash support and no Dolby/Bravia support (if you want to even count that)? I'm not knocking CFX, hell I'm using it right now, but you should know what you're sacrificing by not using a 2.3.x ROM.

How many of those are real downsides? Flash doesn't really work on any rom (on any phone for that matter :P, but apparently in the UK it's important), and it's soon dead anyway. Dolby is mostly a way to make things louder, C3C0's kernel does that as well (okay maybe GB roms do have better sound). I never really noticed what Bravia actually does. HQ video playback works, just use MX Player. And lastly, the camera flash makes your pictures hazy, so it's not like those pics in the dark you were taking, were any good. Youtube HQ is the only thing I sometimes miss, but I use that app less than once a week.

Fact is, this is a limited phone, you're making sacrifices from the start when you pay less than half of what a high-end phone costs. All the features that are missing in ICS, were pretty halfassed on GB as well. Guess it depends on what your preferences are, if you never browse but listen to music a lot and watch a lot of Youtube, ICS is nothing for you. But browsing is about 90% of what I do with my phone.

Guest Redstarr1

Does that mean that now the gallery can play movies recorded by the camera?

Man, if that's annoying you, you're really hard to please...

Guest oscar-mark

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I lost all my progress , stupid extra mouse buttons.

too tired to write it all over gotta sleep.

Really looking forward to this.

Guest gavin.19

How many of those are real downsides?

They aren't downsides to you, nor most of them to me, but they are all features/capabilities that are lost when using ICS over GB. I'm not trying to make a case either way, I was just chasing up on the other post.

Flash doesn't really work on any rom (on any phone for that matter :P, but apparently in the UK it's important), and it's soon dead anyway.

Flash within apps like the iPlayer won't work on ICS, but does on GB.

HQ video playback works, just use MX Player.

HQ video doesn't work, depending on your definition of HQ. Videos with higher bitrates will struggle on ICS and eventually fall out of sync. Lower bitrate stuff is fine though.

And lastly, the camera flash makes your pictures hazy, so it's not like those pics in the dark you were taking, were any good. Youtube HQ is the only thing I sometimes miss, but I use that app less than once a week.

Agreed, the flash is awful. HQ Youtube is a fairly big downside for me, but not enough to put me off.

Fact is, this is a limited phone, you're making sacrifices from the start when you pay less than half of what a high-end phone costs. All the features that are missing in ICS, were pretty halfassed on GB as well. Guess it depends on what your preferences are, if you never browse but listen to music a lot and watch a lot of Youtube, ICS is nothing for you. But browsing is about 90% of what I do with my phone.

Completely agree. I think what we can do with a pretty crappy phone is amazing. All the devs deserve a ton of praise and I appreciate every bit of effort they've put in. I'm not knocking them. I was just pointing out some (potential) negatives :) Like you, I'm about 90% browsing, the rest some light games/texts/IM, so ICS is great for me.

Guest jtharmor

WIFI tethering does not work on CM9 and its one big reason for me not to use it..........ignore few more things.......

Guest Josh92
WIFI tethering does not work on CM9 and its one big reason for me not to use it..........ignore few more things.......
Not true, WiFi Tether for Root Users works perfectly in CFX.

Guest jtharmor

Not true, WiFi Tether for Root Users works perfectly in CFX.

Lemme try it then

Edited by jtharmor

Guest omegavesko

It works as far as I can tell, just use an app instead of the built-in feature.

Guest hugobosslives

+1 agreed.

i'd say a quarter of the price at least ;) I paid £96 for my skate. a new s3 costs £499. a one x £450ish. a gnexus (not so high end anymore) costs £350ish. I make that on average about a quarter.

people who complain should leave this forum and buy a 400 pound phone. and stick with that phones' stock rom. end of.

Guest Josh92

Well third party apps don't work for me...tried all but can't connect mylaptop on cm9...it works on gb

Oh really? Been using the app today, working fine for me.