Volume still poor

Guest BrianChorlton

Guest BrianChorlton

I purchased a new g300 from Vodafone which was,I was assured had the latest firmware to iron out the volume problem(b885 I believe) Just to be sure I went into settings and asked for updates on firmware and software but advised none were available.

I found the ringtones could barely be heard and in fact missed messages and calls. While I admit to my hearing not being as good as when I was younger, my son and daughter both commented on the poor volume.

This was quite disappointing as I loved all other aspects of the phone and for £100 I suppose one shouldn't grumble.

Any advise or guidance out there will be much appreciated

Guest timfimjim

You could search Google, I do believe there are apps that can increase volume of speaker (perhaps even if by the crude way of turning up all the bands on an eq or something). Is it definitely on software version b885? Also forgive me if this is obvious but you have turned the volume up as high as it will go?

Guest BrianChorlton

Hi Brian,

I thought you were going in to vodafone and getting a replacement?

Hi Brian,

I thought you were going in to vodafone and getting a replacement?

Guest BrianChorlton

Hi Runlevel5

I have returned my phone under the 7 day option, and waiting for my money to be put back into my account.

I then intend to go to the Vodafone shop as I got the last one on line

My purpose for raising ths issue again is I would really like to get another one but am a little concerned at the low volume. At least by talking face to face with someone I will be able to discuss the issue.

Guest runlevel5

yes, I'd do the same.like I suggested previously, unbox one in the shop and have a good poke around to check volume levels. On mine FM radio nice and loud, music and video good and calls/ringer adequate but not as loud as it could be but enough for me.

hope u get a good one

Guest BrianChorlton

You could search Google, I do believe there are apps that can increase volume of speaker (perhaps even if by the crude way of turning up all the bands on an eq or something). Is it definitely on software version b885? Also forgive me if this is obvious but you have turned the volume up as high as it will go?

Hi there.

I have checked in the settings and the firmware is B885, and all the sliders in volume are set to full on.

Guest BrianChorlton

yes, I'd do the same.like I suggested previously, unbox one in the shop and have a good poke around to check volume levels. On mine FM radio nice and loud, music and video good and calls/ringer adequate but not as loud as it could be but enough for me.

hope u get a good one

Maybe I should go and get my ears syringe ang get all the wax out lol