No Service/No Signal/Unable to connect to network

Guest AceGreg

Guest AceGreg

I have been looking around for about an hour on forums and I cannot figure out why my phone is coming up with No Service/No Signal/Unable to connect to network error messages. I have even contacted Orange but they said they would charge me £20 to unlock it. But I have already got the phone Rooted and Unlocked with a Fish and Chips ROM installed.

Have Orange locked the handsets? I heard that they locked some handsets after to prevent couriers from selling them. I am in the UK if that helps.

I have looked at the Network Settings but it keeps saying it is Unable to connect to a network. Any ideas on what to do because I am having to use my old phone until I get it sorted?

Guest AceGreg

I am using a Tesco SIM and it works fine in other phones but not in this one. I tried the Orange SIM card that came with it and it that does not work either...

Guest AceGreg

It worked with the Orange SIM Card at first. I unlocked it so I could use it with Tesco which worked fine up until recently when it keeps saying no network available

Guest AceGreg

No. Nothing happened. It just lost service. Everything else works perfectly. I have tried switching between APNs but no luck. I did not think I would be the only one to have this problem...

Guest Dazzozo

Oh, so it worked prior to the unlock? Does the Orange SIM work now? If not I'd try running the unlock again... if that doesn't work then Orange got smart. :(

Guest AceGreg

Yes, it worked prior the unlock. I think Orange must have got smart because the Orange SIM does not work any more either which baffled me even more. I will try unlocking it again. If that does not work I will be pretty pissed off!

I cannot believe I am the only person having this problem!

Guest AceGreg

OK! WTF! I was about to start the unlock process again for my phone and was just reading up how to do it again and then I heard my phone go off. I received a text! Orange must have known what I was about to do (psychically that is).

I will be back here if it happens again but it seems to be working now. Thanks!

Guest AceGreg

It has lost its signal again. Orange seem to be playing with me... I am going to unlock and root it again. Lets see how it goes!

Guest windy_miller

My phone was locked on arrival. It could connect to the internet but i could not make any calls or send any texts. It took about 3 or 4 calls to Orange to get the thing working.