equiliym

equiliym

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Racer
  • Twitter:@equiliym
hey and welcome to the forums.. sorry for late respond, forum is kind of dying lal.. so whats that contacts glitch? and im not sure i will be updating these roms, i just might add more to the list since its just not worth wasting time on it since not many racer users left :(

Suffering-oriented programming.. "First make it possible. Then make it beautiful. Then make it fast."
if i helped please press the vote up button :3

GuyOverThere

GuyOverThere

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Linux, Tech and other stuff
  • Devices:ZTE Racer x850
  • Twitter:@netalien

hey and welcome to the forums.. sorry for late respond, forum is kind of dying lal.. so whats that contacts glitch? and im not sure i will be updating these roms, i just might add more to the list since its just not worth wasting time on it since not many racer users left :(

oh... too bad :c I'll do it If I knew how :-\ while I have played with cooking roms, porting is a different thing and the fact monkee is a different res/dpi is a turn off for me

thumbler

thumbler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Thanks for your response.
Re contacts: With letter headings turned on, you could really only read the *last* entry under each header as intended. Instead of a plain dark ground, the list was full of bullet-shaped white 'text-fields'. The text was white too, so it was illegible until you highlighted each entry. With headers turned off, *every* entry in list view was like that. Clicking through, the extended entry for each contact displayed properly. Just a cosmetic thing, but a bit impractical for usability.
More seriously, checking stats and using the phone, I got lots of messages about 'acore' dying unexpectedly. I don't know what that might be exactly but it sounds worryingly crutial, so maybe Mokee isn't quite ready for prime-time anyway. For now I've rolled back and moved on. If the user-base is dwindling for this hardware, then I guess you might be better off focussing on perfecting the more mainstream stuff. I'm trying out racerboy's latest CM today and it's looking very good, but will definitely check out one of your recent nightlies for comparison soon since I really like the idea of keeping Gapps optional.
Again, cudos to you guys for your work here. At first brush I'm a little stunned at how device-specific this stuff seems. Is there a thread here with info on the format of the racer's boot.img? I thought I might get my toes wet with the splash ;-)

Edited by thumbler, 05 August 2012 - 12:28 PM.

GuyOverThere

GuyOverThere

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Linux, Tech and other stuff
  • Devices:ZTE Racer x850
  • Twitter:@netalien
Don't remember a thread about managing image files here, at least regarding racer specifics, search the forums if you like though, but basically, boot.img is made from a header, a kernel, a ramdisk and other stuff, all that is archived with cpio and gzip and then the final file (the .img one) is created with mkbootimg.

I use dsixda's kitchen to unpack the images but you can do unpack everything manually if you're interested, check out xda-developers forums for info or this wiki.

thumbler

thumbler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Thanks. Will check it out. Sorry to drift off topic.

equiliym

equiliym

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
there is a somewhat kitchen made somewhere around here.. not sure, i have perl file to decompile boot image anyhow, you can unpack it and get kernel and ramdisk.. after that you can also unpack ramdisk to mess with it.. cant really accomplish much, you could make edits to ramdisk but kernel is compiled and stays the same

Suffering-oriented programming.. "First make it possible. Then make it beautiful. Then make it fast."

thumbler

thumbler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I found a tool, 'abootimg', pre-packaged in Debian wheezy. Can print info, split and repack the main components. Then gzip/cpio to manipulate the initrd, and imagemagic/to565 to convert the graphic, as suggested in the link above. But beware, fellow beginners - our phone is different. Remember, 'cat /proc/mtd' is your friend and guide. Don't overwrite the wrong partition!
That said, my new boot-splash is very elegant ...if maybe not quite copyright-kosher :-)
Thanks for your help, guys.

Edited by thumbler, 06 August 2012 - 11:40 PM.

Rahulsingh190

Rahulsingh190

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Devices:dell xcd28
Equiliym what's the Modaco custom rom ....is it good

Rahulsingh190

Rahulsingh190

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
Can, anyone make honeycomb lookalike rom

equiliym

equiliym

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
you would be surprised that honeycomb looks like android 2.1 on ldpi devices

racer_guru

racer_guru

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Devices:Dell XCD 28
  • Twitter:@dr_mihirbrahme

have you flashed gapps pack? the system partition should have at least 30mb free when you flash the rom, gapps shouldnt be more than 10mb so there shouldnt be any problem.. if that wont work, try different gapps pack, you can download some on raceroms too

yep its workn nw

racer_guru

racer_guru

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
@ Equilym check dis out.. awsm ROM hvng ICS lyk UI based on cm 7.2 for Skate.. cn u port it to Racer..i think already sm1 has mentnd it abv..
http://www.modaco.co...d-237-06082012/

equiliym

equiliym

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
we already have a mokee port

edit: just download mokee for racer and that mokee for skate, replace app and framework folder and flash on racer, it might actually work since they are both mokee roms

Edited by equiliym, 14 August 2012 - 01:57 PM.

Rahulsingh190

Rahulsingh190

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

you would be surprised that honeycomb looks like android 2.1 on ldpi devices

ohhh...I didn't knew that

alves_369

alves_369

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:Racer
can i instal portuguese language pack?

Rahulsingh190

Rahulsingh190

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
But ....i like the honey comb UI ...very much. ...it's so beautiful ...and what makes 3.0 to look like 2.1

equiliym

equiliym

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

But ....i like the honey comb UI ...very much. ...it's so beautiful ...and what makes 3.0 to look like 2.1

resolution.. when you make 3.0 go on 240x320 screen like our racer has it totally goes on casual look.. try flashing that 4pda honeycomb image and see, totally common 2.1 screen, even the statusbar is white and has those regular icons and stuff

Rahulsingh190

Rahulsingh190

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
Equiliym u said that there is no source available for 3.0 source ...so no further development is possible....but if we Google we may get a leaked source ....& then it may be possible to port 3.0o

equiliym

equiliym

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
google never released 3.0.. did you notice there is no cm8? cm7>cm9>cm10.. honeycomb was never opensource, you could port only sdk image and that would be roughly done without much progress.. i tried many times, 0 success

racer_guru

racer_guru

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

we already have a mokee port

edit: just download mokee for racer and that mokee for skate, replace app and framework folder and flash on racer, it might actually work since they are both mokee roms

thank u v much i m gonna try it 2day..hope it works..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users