[RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Recovery v6.0.0.8

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

I decided to build a newer version of ClockworkMod Recovery as the ones we have are starting to show their age. This is built from CM10 sources, it functions perfectly on my San Francisco II and it should now also function properly on the P736E devices with touch buttons!

What's new in 6.0.0.8?

• Potentially fixed the kernel issues, enabling the touch buttons of P736E devices if this has gone to plan. (Obviously I can't test...)
  • Now has some strange background, apparently it's intentional and it's there on my Nexus 7...
  • New graphics
  • Probably some other stuff, it's a major version, so...

Previously...

• Fixed the ums lunfile issue in flibblesan's v5.0.2.7 preventing USB mounting.
    • Key repeating (you can now hold volume down).
    • The new backup format (same as in v5.0.2.7 I believe).
    • Flash the image using fastboot, or flash the zip via an already existing ClockworkMod Recovery (or TWRP).

There's no real change log as such, but you can browse through the commits on the official GitHub project: https://github.com/C...ery/commits/ics

Image: recovery-clockwork-6.0.0.8-blade2.img 4,046 KB - MD5: 7087abb11cc3e721db8ef5c6b7913cc8

ZIP: recovery-clockwork-6.0.0.8-blade2.zip 4,308 KB - MD5: 42146e7ab10624430595a6a04553aec2

Have fun - hopefully this should ease the depressed volume rocker! :P

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest Titas

Scrolls through menu OK - though I haven't tested it's functions. However soft keys don't work; thankfully power button works as "select"

Guest Dazzozo

Scrolls through menu OK - though I haven't tested it's functions. However soft keys don't work; thankfully power button works as "select"

Do they work in Seb's build? I'm using his recovery kernel.

Guest domenico lamberti

whats the command to run in terminal emulator, i used it a few times a while back to flash a recovery, you change the file name to recovery.zip, get su, then i forget the rest of the command

Guest Dazzozo

whats the command to run in terminal emulator, i used it a few times a while back to flash a recovery, you change the file name to recovery.zip, get su, then i forget the rest of the command

You don't have to change it to a zip:

fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-5.5.0.4-blade2.img

Oh, Terminal Emulator? Uh...

flash_image recovery recovery-clockwork-5.5.0.4-blade2.img

Should do it.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest chris231

cheers for that daz. great work as always. just wondered, if I flash this using image folder and volume+ and home. will I lose my current partition format (200 40 200). also if I do a restore from said partition setup will it work OK. thanks.

or can't it be done this way?

Edited by chris231

Guest Dazzozo

cheers for that daz. great work as always. just wondered, if I flash this using image folder and volume+ and home. will I lose my current partition format (200 40 200). also if I do a restore from said partition setup will it work OK. thanks.

or can't it be done this way?

You can't flash it that way as it's not a TPT. It's a single recovery image. I'll have it packaged as a zip over the next few days.

Guest Dazzozo

ah OK, I can just keep everything as is and change recovery using terminal emulator guide above. thanks

Should work, make sure to "su" first to get root, and make sure you're in the same folder as the recovery image.

Guest Titas

Do they work in Seb's build? I'm using his recovery kernel.

I have always used Flibb's as it's a later build & soft keys worked. The main problem is without them there no "back" / "return" key

Guest Dazzozo

I have always used Flibb's as it's a later build & soft keys worked. The main problem is without them there no "back" / "return" key

I'll switch to flibblesan's kernel later.

Guest Titas

Thanks. It was an issue in Seb's Recovery; Flibb said on 3-12-11 "Might be better to use a stock Vivacity kernel for recovery as this supports both devices without any issues. The ZTE source is really buggy for blade2 devices sad.gif. I have replaced the kernel with stock vivacity but the volume rocker doesn't work. Everything else does though.. easy fix?"

Btw as I'm not familiar with adb fastboot I downloaded this http://sanfrancisco.bestmail.ws/downloads/osf-ii/1click-clockworkmodrecovery/osf-ii-windows.zip

Then I unzipped it (do not try to flash this zip )and replaced "clockrecovery" with your recovery, which I renamed the same.

Then with phone connected to PC

• Double click on clockinstall
  • Within a few seconds, phone will reboot, and a green Android logo will appear. The whole process may take a few minutes.
  • Once completed, your phone will reboot and turn on to its normal state. On your computer, you should see Press any key to continue . . . You may close the window safely.

Some people may find this easier until a flashable zip becomes available

Edited by Titas

Guest surfungus

Nice one Daz, did I read somewhere that my old backups wont work with this? or is that fixed, or not possible to fix?

Guest BLu3HaZe

Works perfectly on my OSFII, and adb as well as USB mounting works, thanks Daz! :)

@surf - Wasn't it TWRP which was incompatible cuz it was a different recovery altogether? If they use same format, they should probably be compatible. I will report back in a while as my phone is messed up :( and I'm going to try and restore my last backup made with v5.0.2.7

Edit - I won't be checking restoring a v5.0 backup as all issues with my phone got mysteriously solved :)

Edited by BLu3HaZe

Guest chris231

not sure what's going on, but flash by terminal emulator seems to make it get stuck on green man for me. So had to do a quick TPT and restore.

Windows just won't play ball either, constant driver problems, waste of time.

Struck up an old linux box I had around and flashed it no problem, and now seems to work well.

Just thought I'd post this in case others had problems.

Chris

Guest dodgetimmy

thanks Das! I can now upgrade to 5 without losing usb mounting!

Should be stickied instead of existing recoveries really.

Guest Dazzozo

I'll put out a build on flibblesan's kernel later. Hopefully to fix capacitive buttons.

USB mounting should be fine in that too! Should make it almost perfect.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest BLu3HaZe

Maybe you can keep both builds after they're completed Daz? Cuz the one you released works perfectly, so as a special for Vivacity, the one with flb kernel can be put out yea?

Guest Dazzozo

It shouldn't need that. I can boot flibblesan's build on his kernel. If I use his kernel for this however, it doesn't boot past the kernel.