WiFi Keeps dropping out for just a few seconds

Guest seraphim2017

Guest seraphim2017

This is getting REALLY annoying, as no other devices are affected, only the HUawei, and i'm 3 feet from the router, makes no difference, just drops totally and then I have to reconnect it, imagine how long downloading a big file is taking!

Any suggestions? Please tell me this can't be normal!?

Also, how do people get things like GTA3 working as my copy on Google Play is saying device is not suported?

Guest Hogweed

Virgin just sent me a new wifi router and as soon as I installed it I noticed frequent brief wi-fi drops that I hadn't seen with my old wireless router. I then noticed the drops were occurring exactly once per hour. Bizarrely Virgin have set the DHCP lease renewal time to only 1 hr in their hub. Even more bizarrely the G300 (B885 official) drops the connection for a few seconds during lease renewal. I changed the lease time in the router to 24 hrs and that's made things usable for me. Yes it will briefly drop once every 24 hrs if I happen to be using wifi at the time but I can put up with that - once per hour though was driving me nuts. I could set an even longer lease time.

The above might or might not have something to do with your problem.

Edited by Hogweed

Guest FlatPackPete

I always find that on my virgin router if I set the wifi channel to 13 then it cannot connect properly, any other channel and it has a rock solid connection.

Edited by FlatPackPete

Guest ugnius40

I've had simmilar problem on stock.. My belkin router has been set to give dhcp lease for infinite time. As soon as I set it to two weeks wifi works flawlesly.

Guest seraphim2017

I've had simmilar problem on stock.. My belkin router has been set to give dhcp lease for infinite time. As soon as I set it to two weeks wifi works flawlesly.

Interesting, I've got a Belkin router with infiite lease time. Am changing it now to 2 weeks and hope it won't screw up! Worth a shot!

Guest ugnius40

Would like to know if it helped, looks like common problem with belkin and g300. Just for anyone else who has this problem.

Thanks

Guest seraphim2017

seems to have worked but not downloaded any huge games as G300 not supported for gameloft (thnk a bunch gameoft for letting me spend my money with you!) even though it will run them!

I would ned to root and then fiddle with my boot.prop, whatever that is, to make it look like a desire HD, and knowing my luck would probably turn my only handset into a brick, so I'm stuck without those games I bought until I change my handset I guess!

Guest droiddruid

I would ned to root and then fiddle with my boot.prop, whatever that is, to make it look like a desire HD, and knowing my luck would probably turn my only handset into a brick, so I'm stuck without those games I bought until I change my handset I guess!

I personally would stay away from this option. I was running a few games on the G300 having spoofed build.prop with Desire HD details. It was okay in short bursts but any 'extended' gaming sessions caused the device to overheat, lock up then factory reset after a battery pull.