711 replies to this topic

gbosh

gbosh

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Atlas W (Vivacity)

haha ok! Thanks if I get the time I might try to compile YABR (Yet Another Blade Rom) using your advice!

I did not have to rebuild the kernel, apparently there are CWM flashable zips already avaliable I flashed and it works in HQ youtube without lag :) http://www.modaco.co...80#entry2086711

Offtopic: quick question, can you tell the difference between the following two zips with omx libs: http://www.mediafire...jabzfqfcswz8db9 and http://www.mediafire...8il1cf5q7p0dd9t the omx patch.zip seems to have more libs, does it mean it supports more formats than omx.zip?

In case you're curious, I am currently downloading the source of CM9 and have already put up the (probably not yet correctly working) updated device config on my git (https://github.com/3...blade2/tree/ics). I know there are probably more elegant ways of comitting jventura's changes to the blade2's device config but tis should do the job.

Edited by gbosh, 14 February 2013 - 01:25 AM.

jventura

jventura

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

In case you're curious, I am currently downloading the source of CM9 and have already put up the (probably not yet correctly working) updated device config on my git (https://github.com/3...blade2/tree/ics). I know there are probably more elegant ways of comitting jventura's changes to the blade2's device config but tis should do the job.

Hi there, yeah, I think that does the job! :)

Just change the "base directory" in device/zte/blade2/patches/apply_patches.sh to your CM9 base directory, so you can apply the patches using that script.. You just need to execute it and it will "install" the patches where it is supposed to.. I've done that that way so I could "repo sync" and "reinstall" the patches faster..

gbosh

gbosh

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts
Just one thing, is there anything that achieves a fix for the youtube reboot issue ?
If not I would recommend using something along the lines of this https://github.com/C...5789ce1e517b0d3

Edited by gbosh, 14 February 2013 - 01:35 PM.

jventura

jventura

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Just one thing, is there anything that achieves a fix for the youtube reboot issue ?
If not I would recommend using something along the lines of this https://github.com/C...5789ce1e517b0d3

I didn't knew about youtube reboots.. Is there a way to force those reboots?

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5
YouTube reboots occur when max number of file handles is exhausted during caching video. The fix above increases the file handle limit. Maybe there's a more sophisticated fix... But I don't know since I am no longer doing ROMs based on ICS..

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

jventura

jventura

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

YouTube reboots occur when max number of file handles is exhausted during caching video. The fix above increases the file handle limit. Maybe there's a more sophisticated fix... But I don't know since I am no longer doing ROMs based on ICS..

Yeah, I see.. Didn't knew that this was occurring, never saw anyone complain before! Thanks for the info C3CO! :)

Anyone besides gbosh has been having youtube reboots on Eco CM9? Just to know if there is a "serious" problem needing to be fixed right away..

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
Reboots used to happen to me when browsing and watching YouTube videos for at least half an hour. The same reboots I had while watching videos in MX player. So it was not just YouTube affected but generally all apps using nucache.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
BTW. On JB reboots don't occur so there's no need to increase maxfiles. Looks like NuCachedSource in stagefright is fixed there.

Gerappa

Gerappa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Helllo!
My problem is about battery... as i see, the wi-fi is always turn on, even deep sleep (awake history is okey).
The wifi graphics line is totally filled blue... is there any way to fix? i like this rom dont want to change :(

jventura

jventura

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Helllo!
My problem is about battery... as i see, the wi-fi is always turn on, even deep sleep (awake history is okey).
The wifi graphics line is totally filled blue... is there any way to fix? i like this rom dont want to change :(

The wifi turns on automatically in your phone? No way... :)

gbosh

gbosh

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts
WTF, when I do "make bacon -j8", as soon as it starts compiling packages/apps, so java stuff it just spits countless errors at me :blink:
Spoiler

It is not only Apollo, it's every package it tries to compile
I can compile JB 4.1 and 4.2 just fine, so I don't think it's because I'm missing any package
I think I might have found the problem

Edited by gbosh, 15 February 2013 - 03:51 PM.

Gerappa

Gerappa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

The wifi turns on automatically in your phone? No way... :)

Sorry for my english, i meant... the wifi is turned on (always), but when i dont use my phone, and screen is off, i suppose wifi goes to sleep also but dont... am i right? :unsure:

gbosh

gbosh

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts
WTF, I don't even ...
Spoiler

Maarten Lambrecht

Maarten Lambrecht

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
I installed this rom yesterday but I'm noticing collor banding. Anybody knows how to fix this? Thanks
Before, I was using CM10.1, but this rom seems to load applications faster and doesn't drain that much battery.

jventura

jventura

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

WTF, when I do "make bacon -j8", as soon as it starts compiling packages/apps, so java stuff it just spits countless errors at me :blink:

It is not only Apollo, it's every package it tries to compile
I can compile JB 4.1 and 4.2 just fine, so I don't think it's because I'm missing any package
I think I might have found the problem

Check in http://wiki.cyanogen...Build_for_blade if you have all the libs in your Ubuntu machine.. Also, you must use Java 6, OpenJDK 6 works fine!

I installed this rom yesterday but I'm noticing collor banding. Anybody knows how to fix this? Thanks
Before, I was using CM10.1, but this rom seems to load applications faster and doesn't drain that much battery.

Maybe it is because I have disabled dithering by default. You can enable it in Settings > Performance > Surface Dithering..

Sorry for my english, i meant... the wifi is turned on (always), but when i dont use my phone, and screen is off, i suppose wifi goes to sleep also but dont... am i right? :unsure:

Hum, I don't know the solution for that, but I've read in this forum that you can use an app in the Market to fix that behaviour. Don't know what app is, sorry! :)

Edited by jventura, 16 February 2013 - 12:22 AM.

elrond_bs

elrond_bs

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
This is the app - Advanced Wifi Lock. This is a known problem for our phones since early days, same for all ROMs, incuding stock ones - Android 2.2, 2.3 and apparently 4.0, but in 4.1 it's fixed. I'm not sure about CM7, it may work there as well.

Edited by elrond_bs, 16 February 2013 - 10:13 AM.

ZTE Blade with CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4 KitKat)

Gerappa

Gerappa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thank you elrond_bs , in the description exactly thats what i need... testing... :P

gbosh

gbosh

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts
Well now it builds but doesn't boot.
Spoiler

Edited by gbosh, 17 February 2013 - 02:11 AM.

masterlud

masterlud

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Devices:Globul Z3 (ZTE Blade)
there is a problem with color of display, have a dark and bright circles to display, and is very ugly . is there any way to fix this

Edited by masterlud, 17 February 2013 - 05:32 PM.

Maarten Lambrecht

Maarten Lambrecht

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

there is a problem with color of display, have a dark and bright circles to display, and is very ugly . is there any way to fix this

Maybe it is because I have disabled dithering by default. You can enable it in Settings > Performance > Surface Dithering..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users