elrond_bs

elrond_bs

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
You can try SMS Flash.

ZTE Blade with CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4 KitKat)

saleiro

saleiro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
will try those two. thanks. :)

lpinho

lpinho

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Devices:N560; ZTE Blade (Orange SF)
Hi all,
I don't know if this is a problem, a feature that I've got to install or something I'm doing wrong.

In my previous versions (Swedish SLR7, Modaco or stock), to start a call using my bluetooth headset I just need to press the call button a few seconds and I could "command" my phone to make a call just by saying "CALL <name to call>".

With this version the mobile is "ignoring" the pressing of the call button on my headset, I can use it to answer a call, to terminate a call and to make a phone call, but to start the call I must use my hand on the mobile.

Any ideas?

Obrigado pela ajuda,

Luis Pinho

EDIT: I've installed voice dialler apk from the CM9, I'm able to make it work one time, well almost, it pop ups, I say the command CALL <persons name>, then an error is thrown telling me that the voice dialler application stopped working (no call is made), afterwards the voice dialler no longer appears... bummer, this is a breaking point for me, I don't like to use my hands to make calls while driving :(

Edited by lpinho, 06 April 2013 - 04:00 PM.

jventura

jventura

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

EDIT: I've installed voice dialler apk from the CM9, I'm able to make it work one time, well almost, it pop ups, I say the command CALL <persons name>, then an error is thrown telling me that the voice dialler application stopped working (no call is made), afterwards the voice dialler no longer appears... bummer, this is a breaking point for me, I don't like to use my hands to make calls while driving :(

Luís,

I'm not aware of any errors with Bluetooth headsets because I don't use them. However, I've compiled VoiceDialer.apk, see in attachment (remove the .zip extension), copy it to /system/app and see if it works..

Attached Files

lpinho

lpinho

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Luís,

I'm not aware of any errors with Bluetooth headsets because I don't use them. However, I've compiled VoiceDialer.apk, see in attachment (remove the .zip extension), copy it to /system/app and see if it works..

Thanks a lot, I will try it out, sorry for extra work

haary

haary

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I made a patch to remove the newly added GoogleAnalytics "Feature": http://paste.ubuntu.com/5686122/
Perhaps you can integrate it?

jventura

jventura

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

I made a patch to remove the newly added GoogleAnalytics "Feature": http://paste.ubuntu.com/5686122/
Perhaps you can integrate it?

I know what Google Analytics is, but is that integrated in the ROM?

haary

haary

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I know what Google Analytics is, but is that integrated in the ROM?

Sorry, I did suppose that the news spread so far that everyone noticed. As of the commit here: https://github.com/C...b198bea7381e079 Cyanogenmod implements the sending of statistical data to Google Analytics. See also this Blogpost: http://blogs.fsfe.or...ogle-analytics/

jventura

jventura

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Sorry, I did suppose that the news spread so far that everyone noticed. As of the commit here: https://github.com/C...b198bea7381e079 Cyanogenmod implements the sending of statistical data to Google Analytics. See also this Blogpost: http://blogs.fsfe.or...ogle-analytics/

This was merged only 2 days ago, so it is not in the latest build.. I'll keep an eye on this one, and that change can always be reverted in later builds..

brunoalex

brunoalex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:zte blade
Hi!
Excelente work with this rom ;)

But I can't find a way to add some more icons to the power bar... like turn on/off mobile data...

and, its just me or the red led dont turns on when I receive a message?

Edited by brunoalex, 08 April 2013 - 04:27 PM.

jventura

jventura

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

But I can't find a way to add some more icons to the power bar... like turn on/off mobile data...
and, its just me or the red led dont turns on when I receive a message?

For the notification area icons (power bar) check Settings > System > Notificaton Area > Widget buttons (?)
About the leds, I get the green led for received sms. Red is only for missed calls, i think..

brunoalex

brunoalex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks! ;)
Those were the icons I was looking for

With the leds, I noticed that when I receive a sms and the screen turns on, the leds flashes red... but when the screen goes to sleep, the led stops flashing too... Dunno if this happens only with me =\

jventura

jventura

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

With the leds, I noticed that when I receive a sms and the screen turns on, the leds flashes red... but when the screen goes to sleep, the led stops flashing too... Dunno if this happens only with me =\

The leds only flash when the phone is not in deep sleep. When it enters deep sleep, it stops flashing but the led stays on..

brunoalex

brunoalex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

The leds only flash when the phone is not in deep sleep. When it enters deep sleep, it stops flashing but the led stays on..

Yes, in deep sleep with your eco rom cm7 the led stays on... In this one it turns off... So I dont know when I have a new sms without turning the screen on (even if I have an sms, the led stays turned off, it only flashes while the screen is on... after that it turns of)

jventura

jventura

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Yes, in deep sleep with your eco rom cm7 the led stays on... In this one it turns off... So I dont know when I have a new sms without turning the screen on (even if I have an sms, the led stays turned off, it only flashes while the screen is on... after that it turns of)

Which is strange, because when I receive an sms, the led flashes for 5 seconds, then it stays on because the phone enters deep sleep..

probals

probals

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco, Nexus 7
  • Twitter:@probals
Hi Joao,

Trying this ROM again after Eco CM7. As usual it's as fast and stable as they come on our Blade. :)

One feature from CM7 I miss though - The Blacklist feature in Call settings. Was it removed in CM9? Can you add it to this, if possible? I have tried blacklisting apps from the play store but none of them work as well as the CM7 in-built feature.

Many thanks!
P

OSF user living in India
ROM: Eco CM9; SD Card: 16 GB San Disk Class 10; Network: Airtel (India) 3G/2G; Using since: Dec '10
Other devices: Nexus 7 (Stock, Rooted)

lpinho

lpinho

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
Hi Ventura,

sorry for the late reply (regarding the voice dialer).

I've installed the apk that you supplied (thanks for that) but it still didn't work, I would always get a "sorry, voice dialler as ended" (or something similar), basically, the dialler would end without making the call and then it no longer worked (I had to force stop the application in order to make it "sensible" to my bluetooth headset).

My next step was to install cm9 from konsta and check it it worked, and everything works correctly. I'm able to use my bluetooth headset to start voice conversations.

The only thing left for me to do is to strip this of all the junk that you already removed in the eco and find out the missing link between the voice dialler and the rest.

Many thanks for all the hard work you have done,

Luis Pinho

jesuita

jesuita

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
Hello jventura.

Tried your rom and it really is good, i might even install it on the girls phone too.

Is it possible to port digital chronus clock used on jelly bean?
The weather widget on lockscreen isnt working, anyone else has this problem?

Other than this everything seems to be working pretty nicely :)

saccet

saccet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

The weather widget on lockscreen isnt working, anyone else has this problem?

I have this also.
Another problem is Auto Brightness doesn't work. All the sensor levels in auto brightness settings show -1.

jventura

jventura

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

I have this also.
Another problem is Auto Brightness doesn't work. All the sensor levels in auto brightness settings show -1.

I can guarantee that Auto Brightness is working fine.. Maybe a problem with your phone?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users