* * * * * 14 votes

711 replies to this topic

lucazade

lucazade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:zte blade
mine was ext3 as well.. looking in s2e logs it was correctly detected even if ext3 (probably converted in ext4 on the fly)..
otherwise you could try to partition it again in recovery manager.

jventura

jventura

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

the procedure that i mentioned is the right one for this rom?

Yeap.. :)

ntopas

ntopas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:blade zte
Installed this rom
I had a problem importing my contacts from .vcf file (created by android 2.3.5 - export function)

i had to sync with gmail ..

but, thats a nice Rom..

Edited by ntopas, 01 January 2013 - 03:05 PM.

Mark #255

Mark #255

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:OrSF, AndyPad, Nexus 7
[...]

[...]

Have you posted MD5s for these - I haven't seen them in the thread. I get:

40187e9e4f1db77c50167e972e1f4777 Eco-CM9-20121217-stable-blade.zip
b690a97df0479036ceae1d327e89dc30 mini-gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip

cheers,

Mark

ziyan

ziyan

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Nice ROM, but could you please include center clock in the next version? It doesn't drain battery, and it's turned off by default - so people who like it (like me) can turn it on. It makes the phone look nicer :)

Surgat

Surgat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
What cache size do you recommend for this rom? I am using 20 mb, but I'm having problems to boot the TPT and haven't succeeded to install it yet (see this thread).
Also, could you provide TPT images with recommended partition layouts(i.e. the one you're using)?

Edit: would it be possible to install this without using a TPT? It's definitely not working...

Edited by Surgat, 02 January 2013 - 12:06 AM.

ntopas

ntopas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:blade zte

What cache size do you recommend for this rom? I am using 20 mb, but I'm having problems to boot the TPT and haven't succeeded to install it yet (see this thread).
Also, could you provide TPT images with recommended partition layouts(i.e. the one you're using)?

Edit: would it be possible to install this without using a TPT? It's definitely not working...

I've flashed this rom using clockworkmod in a Gen2 device (it was Gen1 and i made it Gen2..)

The only problems encountered so far is
- I had to remove the battery at once when the "Settings" function, malfunctioned and my phone would not respond any more..

jventura

jventura

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Nice ROM, but could you please include center clock in the next version? It doesn't drain battery, and it's turned off by default - so people who like it (like me) can turn it on. It makes the phone look nicer :)

Not a priority, but if patches are easy to apply, I'll check it out..

I'm using /system 160MB, 2MB /cache, and 279MB /data.. You must have a Gen2 device (either original Gen2 or TPT). Besides that, if your /system is greater or equal than 160MB, you should be fine, no need to TPT. The TPT's we know are just to change internal layouts to Gen2 and change partition's size.. You shouldn't be doing TPT's each time you install a ROM..

kram23

kram23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Devices:San francisco
Hi, Ive been using the ROM for a day now and so far so good. I was using Moldovial mile high mountan pie before, release 7 i think. I am missing some, well one I think, of the features that were in that ROM, im not sure waht its called, it was the scrolable options in the pull down notification bar. It had lots of options in it, this one only has 4.

Is there an app that could add a scrollable toggle thingy to the phone or is it possable to build this functionality into another build.

Is the callender thats included with this rom the standard android one? If it is its not quite as good as the older one, I dont seem to be able to add a new event from the month view by holding down on the day you want to do something on.

Appart from those 2 things its really good :D

Thanks
Mark.

jventura

jventura

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Hi, Ive been using the ROM for a day now and so far so good. I was using Moldovial mile high mountan pie before, release 7 i think. I am missing some, well one I think, of the features that were in that ROM, im not sure waht its called, it was the scrolable options in the pull down notification bar. It had lots of options in it, this one only has 4.

Is there an app that could add a scrollable toggle thingy to the phone or is it possable to build this functionality into another build.

Is the callender thats included with this rom the standard android one? If it is its not quite as good as the older one, I dont seem to be able to add a new event from the month view by holding down on the day you want to do something on.

Appart from those 2 things its really good :D

Thanks
Mark.

Hi Mark,

are you talking about the notification widgets? Check Settings > System > Notification area > Widget buttons (and order of the widget buttons)..
The calendar is the stock one, and yes, I also miss the monthly view, but the Google guys live one day at the time, so what can we do.. ;)

João Ventura

kram23

kram23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Yes I was the notification widgets I ment. I thought I had been through all the settings menus but must of missed that one :-D thanks for the heads up and a really nice rom.

Only slight problem I have now is with APN Switch app that I have used for 18 months won't work with android 4+, on older roms all it does is alter the APN from oringeinternet to oringeinternetapndroid so the phone can't access the Internet at unless you want it to. I've edited the APN myself to stop any data leakage.

Again, great rom.
Thanks
Mark

probals

probals

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco, Nexus 7
  • Twitter:@probals
Hi Joao,

One possible bug that I may have encountered -

When I'm on 2G, while getting a GPS lock in Maps or other apps my network fails. I have to reboot the phone. Similarly when I'm on 3G, the network doesn't completely fail but data becomes very slow, so much so that maps do not load.

I used to have similar problems on CM10 as well, so dunno if it's H/W related. Maybe someone could check it out.

Great work.

Cheers mate!
P

OSF user living in India
ROM: Eco CM9; SD Card: 16 GB San Disk Class 10; Network: Airtel (India) 3G/2G; Using since: Dec '10
Other devices: Nexus 7 (Stock, Rooted)

lucazade

lucazade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
unfortunately gmail in CM9 and ECO as well is buggy.. sometimes the content of the email is not visible.
I have to try an updated gmail from CM10 or some other trick. :S

probals

probals

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco, Nexus 7
  • Twitter:@probals
Oh yes, you are right! I have faced the same problem. Will keep checking if someone has a workaround

unfortunately gmail in CM9 and ECO as well is buggy.. sometimes the content of the email is not visible.
I have to try an updated gmail from CM10 or some other trick. :S

OSF user living in India
ROM: Eco CM9; SD Card: 16 GB San Disk Class 10; Network: Airtel (India) 3G/2G; Using since: Dec '10
Other devices: Nexus 7 (Stock, Rooted)

jventura

jventura

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

When I'm on 2G, while getting a GPS lock in Maps or other apps my network fails. I have to reboot the phone. Similarly when I'm on 3G, the network doesn't completely fail but data becomes very slow, so much so that maps do not load.

I assume you are talking about the telephony network on 2G and not data network?
I have tested just now, and things work as normal.. If you want to troubleshoot your hardware, backup your current ROM in CWM, install Eco CM7 (or another gingerbread ROM) and try again. Gingerbread ROMs are usually more stable for some "corner" cases like yours.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5

Oh yes, you are right! I have faced the same problem. Will keep checking if someone has a workaround

Check the change log at the top of the second post
http://www.modaco.co...et-ui-15122012/

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

lucazade

lucazade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

oh great.. so it related to hw accel (as expected)..

@jventura
any chance to apply that patch to a future release of ECO? plz :)

Edited by lucazade, 04 January 2013 - 12:32 PM.

BrunoSaragiotto

BrunoSaragiotto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, I have a doubt, how do I install this rom? Thank you.

kram23

kram23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Hello, I have a doubt, how do I install this rom? Thank you.

Hi there, Installing ROMS can get quite confusing

I followed this page to install the ROM http://www.modaco.co...ra-via-windows/
I used the custom Gen2 160 v10

Hope it helps.

andr0idbeliev3r

andr0idbeliev3r

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Devices:Sapo a5 (Portugal's ZTE Blade)

C3C0, i thought the HW acceleration was fixed because of the official armv6 binaries for our gpu.

Thanks to all developers for developing such beautifull and stable ROMS and thanks to Google for developing android aaaaand thanks to the original creators of android.

My devices:

ZTE Blade- MegaDrive 4.0.4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users