711 replies to this topic

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5
It was but... Some apps like gmail and fb show white screen when they are hw accelerated. So I incorporated patch by Mr. Pruvot that allows to turn off acceleration for apps that have this problem. This eliminates white screen bug in them. And they are not as laggy as I thought they would be. So I definitely recommend this approach.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

jventura

jventura

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

It was but... Some apps like gmail and fb show white screen when they are hw accelerated. So I incorporated patch by Mr. Pruvot that allows to turn off acceleration for apps that have this problem. This eliminates white screen bug in them. And they are not as laggy as I thought they would be. So I definitely recommend this approach.

Hi C3CO,

where can I find that patch, do you know?

Thanks

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

ntopas

ntopas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:blade zte
very nice rom, but due to battery drain (compared to eco cm7) i'm in eco cm7 now..

Thx for your contribution Jventura!

jventura

jventura

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

very nice rom, but due to battery drain (compared to eco cm7) i'm in eco cm7 now..

Thx for your contribution Jventura!

Where did you find the battery drain? Did you test several times, including at least one reset (sometimes apps get "stucked")?

ntopas

ntopas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:blade zte

Where did you find the battery drain? Did you test several times, including at least one reset (sometimes apps get "stucked")?

the main problem is that i do not have good reception, i get readings of about -95 till -115 db at my house..and with 4.0.4 i had to charge my phone everyday.
I used eco cm9 for about 6 days.
yes i did reset the phone a couple of times..
but i tested your eco cm7 and i think, that as you said, it suits perfect to our blade!!

Edited by ntopas, 07 January 2013 - 10:25 AM.

jventura

jventura

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

the main problem is that i do not have good reception, i get readings of about -95 till -115 db at my house..and with 4.0.4 i had to charge my phone everyday.
I used eco cm9 for about 6 days.
yes i did reset the phone a couple of times..
but i tested your eco cm7 and i think, that as you said, it suits perfect to our blade!!

Yes, bad reception keeps the radio constantly communicating with the cell towers draining the battery..

BVargas

BVargas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi, jventura, so, I run the Blade Checker here and it show me this specifications:

Current partition sizes:

System: 220 MB
Data: 162 MB
Cache: 37 MB

Is it good to try this rom or should I keep the Eco CM7/Swedish Snow RLS7?

jventura

jventura

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Hi, jventura, so, I run the Blade Checker here and it show me this specifications:

Current partition sizes:

System: 220 MB
Data: 162 MB
Cache: 37 MB

Is it good to try this rom or should I keep the Eco CM7/Swedish Snow RLS7?

This is stable enough, although I still consider gingerbread snappier.. Backup Eco CM7 in CWM and try this. If you don't like it you can always revert to your previous backup..
But if you are planning to keep using my Eco builds or Konstat's builds, you can TPT your phone to have 160MB of /system so you have more space for applications in the phone's memory. :)

ehleh

does it support sd card extension?

BVargas

BVargas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

This is stable enough, although I still consider gingerbread snappier.. Backup Eco CM7 in CWM and try this. If you don't like it you can always revert to your previous backup..
But if you are planning to keep using my Eco builds or Konstat's builds, you can TPT your phone to have 160MB of /system so you have more space for applications in the phone's memory. :)

Yeah, I'll do this. Btw, i've never did this TPT thing before, so... should I do it before or after flash the rom?

Thanks and sorry for my english, it's not my native language haha.

ehleh

hey sir?.. do any one have soft touch ?..

i need soft touch for this rom

BVargas

BVargas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Ok, ahn... i try to do the TPT thing everything and goes wrong, now my Blade doesen't even turn on, just keep at the Android logo,then it goes to the left side of the screen for ever and ever. Looks like I f*ck everything, bro.

Edit: Problem solved, but I'll not try this TPT again, just keep with the 220 /system and whatever haha. Is there any other way to do it?

Edited by BVargas, 09 January 2013 - 03:51 AM.

ehleh

hey bro ? how can i set image wallpaper as a whole size (fit to screen)..
it always like a rectangle -_-

please help!!!

jventura

jventura

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

does it support sd card extension?

Probably, although I don't use it myself..

Ok, ahn... i try to do the TPT thing everything and goes wrong, now my Blade doesen't even turn on, just keep at the Android logo,then it goes to the left side of the screen for ever and ever. Looks like I f*ck everything, bro.

Edit: Problem solved, but I'll not try this TPT again, just keep with the 220 /system and whatever haha. Is there any other way to do it?

The TPT was just to set your /system partition to 160MB, although you don't need to.. But you will always have 60MB of /system unused.. But be carefull with TPT's, I once bricked a Blade and it had to go to repair. If you do it again, use TPT Helper which is in Google Market..
To install this ROM you just need to boot into CWM (Power ON & Vol -). If you don't know what CWM (clockworkmod) is, search the first pinned topics of this section of the modaco forum..

hey bro ? how can i set image wallpaper as a whole size (fit to screen)..
it always like a rectangle -_-

In the phone you can set the rectangle to a greater area of the image. Or use GIMP to change the resolution for 960x800 pixels in your PC..

Surgat

Surgat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

I couldn't manage to make any TPT work, so I finally did it with this guide and the custom G2 160 v10 firmware. It looks scary at first but then everything went fine :)

BVargas

BVargas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

The TPT was just to set your /system partition to 160MB, although you don't need to.. But you will always have 60MB of /system unused.. But be carefull with TPT's, I once bricked a Blade and it had to go to repair. If you do it again, use TPT Helper which is in Google Market..
To install this ROM you just need to boot into CWM (Power ON & Vol -). If you don't know what CWM (clockworkmod) is, search the first pinned topics of this section of the modaco forum..

Yeah, I used the TPT Helper and yet the phone bricked haha. I repair it here, don't even know how, but it's all ok, apparently. After all, flashed the rom and it's work really fine here, just some apps like Facebook or Instagram that still have some issues, like pics which never up and things like this. I'll give a try, if something goes wrong, back to Eco CM7!

Thx, dude!

BVargas

BVargas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I couldn't manage to make any TPT work, so I finally did it with this guide and the custom G2 160 v10 firmware. It looks scary at first but then everything went fine :)

Mine is a chinese Blade, do you know any guide for them? This one specifically says that will not work. :(

Surgat

Surgat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Mine is a chinese Blade, do you know any guide for them? This one specifically says that will not work. :(

I can only think of this one right now, but I don't know if it will be of any use to you, sorry :S

ehleh

does anyone have softtouch for this rom?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users