• Please log in to reply
467 replies to this topic

Tec_Fil

Tec_Fil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:ascend g300/galaxy w

u need to place the ICS update.app file in a dload file on the root of ur external SD card.

done

root done and cwm installed-->wait for the end of miui rom download

ugnius40

ugnius40

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
Noob question, if I go and install this one, will I have trouble installing Paul's mod over it, also what about CM9? And finally how about official huawei UK mod? Can someone explain this please.

Nesli

Nesli

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Devices:HTC Sensation, Liquid MT, A1
  • Twitter:@nesliva
Nice !! Anyway, could you make AOSP version with google apps flashable over official ICS ? :)

kieranswhite

kieranswhite

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Acend g300
  • Twitter:@@kieran9969
Do you Need to install Clockwork mod recovery ? Sorry I'm fairly new to this sort of thing?

kieranswhite

kieranswhite

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Acend g300
  • Twitter:@@kieran9969
Do you Need to install Clockwork mod recovery ? Sorry I'm fairly new to this sort of thing.

wrtease

wrtease

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
  • Interests:TESTING ANDROID MOBILES TO THE LIMIT
    ALWAYS READY TO TRY OUT ANY ROM AND MOBILE TO THE LIMIT
  • Devices:SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB2 & S1 8GB
  • Twitter:@none
please read first post .all

Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
I've just been giving this a go and it seems quite nice. Only issue I've found so far is that the Permission Manager keeps crashing whenever anything asks for root, other than that it's really impressive to get it up and running so quickly.

ewardofr

ewardofr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
  • Twitter:@ewardofr
thx god!

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco, G300
which permission manager are you using Hans? If its super user, you could try super su or vice versa

ewardofr

ewardofr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
  • Twitter:@ewardofr
I don'y have any ICS rom installed. Currently, I'm using AtomicMod Rom. Do I have to run the bootloader process?

Edited by ewardofr, 04 July 2012 - 06:23 PM.

Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

which permission manager are you using Hans? If its super user, you could try super su or vice versa

MIUI seems to come with one called "Permissions Manager". I tried downloading another off google play but it didn't seem to bypass the built-in one

omegamoon

omegamoon

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
Just a quick question. Why do the two unlockbootloader.exe versions mentioned here differ in size?
I ask this because I tried to download the one from the first post at work and it gave me a virus warning (McAfee)
Just downloaded both now while at home (first post and the one from post 18), and see the difference in size...
Probably nothing, but just wondering :)

Cyda

Cyda

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 & 7 running PAC

Just a quick question. Why do the two unlockbootloader.exe versions mentioned here differ in size?
I ask this because I tried to download the one from the first post at work and it gave me a virus warning (McAfee)
Just downloaded both now while at home (first post and the one from post 18), and see the difference in size...
Probably nothing, but just wondering :)

The one I linked in my post is the one I used last night which flibblesan posted ( http://www.modaco.co...0/#entry1981703 ) in the Bootloader unlock thread. I believe it was written by the OP of this thread but posted in a different forum so the version linked here could be a newer version as it was posted up some time afterwards.

In short; I posted that linked version because I used it and I know it worked.

Edited by Hpez, 04 July 2012 - 07:07 PM.

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
One requires you to put in imei etc which is the official one. The other is by a rom dev trusted by flibblesan

rafaelkaiz

rafaelkaiz

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G30 U8815
  • Twitter:@rcasaucao
You need to have ICS installed 4.0.3 (B926)?? I have B895, and I can not go back or forward.

Edited by rafaelkaiz, 04 July 2012 - 07:45 PM.

Tec_Fil

Tec_Fil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:ascend g300/galaxy w
anyone have issues in the mount system? Whith any ics rom (B926, MIUI, CM9) i lost the sd card directory and internal memmory doesn´t showed in none of my pcs...

Cyda

Cyda

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 & 7 running PAC
On the B926 the sdcard is mounted as /sdcard2 and the 2gb internal is mounted as /sdcard. If you load up titanium backup it should show the partitions.

Edit: If I mount the USB via windows I get as Huawei device with two partitions - one the internal and one the proper sdcard.

Attached File  mounted.jpg   15.26KB   19 downloads

Edited by Hpez, 04 July 2012 - 08:23 PM.

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
Rafael, your issue is being worked on. Please take a look through the forum and you will see it.
Tec_fil, no issues here with CM9, however, on the U8818 version of ICS, Paul has stated that the internal 700MB partition isnt used and it just shows the internal 2GB, however someone has pointed out to him that various programs show that the partitions are still there but they arent visible on PC. Paul is workng on this for his MCR release.

arnette

arnette

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Great post, it should be pinned for newbs (like me).

The upgrade instructions for ICS look a little confusing as they are missing a couple of things so I have added a few more steps to clear things up.

These are the steps I took:

• Download the official download from the Huawei site ( http://www.huaweidev...softid=NDE4NjY= )
  • Unzip the file and copy the dload folder and (optional) vendor folder on to your SD card.
  • Go to Settings > Storage > Software upgrade to start the ICS upgrade - make sure you have enough battery before going any further!
  • (Optional )Flash the vendor package from the official download from the Huawei site - (this is optional but I didn't do it and my ICS works great)
  • Boot in to freshly installed ICS, install ADB drivers from the ISO mounted on the phone, enable USB debugging and then connect USB cable - make sure adb works.
  • Download 'unlockbootloader.exe' from http://www.mediafire...v9a6xmvz1ut832a
  • Ran 'unlockbootloader.exe' and clicked 'ROOT Your Phone'.
  • Ran 'unlockbootloader.exe' and clicked 'Unlock BOOTLOADER' - app closed on completion.
  • Power off your phone, remove battery for a few seconds and replace, then power on whilst holding vol. down and power to go in to fastboot - the phone will hang on the splash screen whilst in fastboot.
  • Then go to this thread ( http://www.modaco.co...15ascend-g-300/ ) and follow the instructions to install clockworkmod recovery.

omegamoon

omegamoon

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
ICS installation was successful. I ran the unlockbootloader.exe twice and ran fastboot with following result:

sending 'recovery' (5074 KB)... OKAY
writing 'recovery'... FAILED (remote: Command not allowed)

Stuck :huh: Any help?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users