[ROM][ICS] Miuiv4 2.7.4 for the Huawei Ascend G300[Last updated: 04/07]

Guest Geno.Kolar

I tried 3 times to get a clean flash of the most recent MIUI4 and each time something wouldn't work, or some system file would force close.

Wiped all and factory reset, wiped cache, dalvik, installed zip, nothing.

It does look brilliant though.

Edited by noobi

Guest Alkafer

Back to previous version, new version make some FCs on some aplications (AlarmDroid, Blackmart, Zedge and Titanium Backup) I tried to reinstal these apps, but it tells me there's not enough memory (of course there is). Something is wrong with this update... Anyway, it works faster than previous version, so I will instal the kernel over the previous version.

Bye!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest alexuta79410

Nothing new on this Rom ?

Do you know if I could install this rom over the Rom "Infusion ( ) Or I must downgrade to the official Ics but If it's that, I should install the B927 or B934?

Thanks!

Guest pjautuvas

Sorry, if it's stupid question, but will this work flashed stock B934? :D And if I will want to get back to stock, how to remove everything completely?

Edited by pjautuvas

Guest wso277

Hi,

a few questions questions:

Is everything working on this rom? (i suppose so since it isnt mention in op)

Which version to download the one in the last page or the one in the op?

How does it perform?

Guest psycho063

its not bad but it has some bugs .the one on first post is the latest i think.

What kind of bugs? Last time I've used MIUI on my HTC HD2 it worked flawlessly... :(

Guest wso277

i'm trying the rom now (latest version is the one in pag. 7) seems good but i have a bug.

I activated root permissions, but anytime an app ask for root it stops permission manager. I have to open permission manager and grant permission.

Guest pedroxe

i have tested the 2.8.17 rom without sim card, for default it launches on chines language. after hardly found how to change to english it shows the error message: unfortunately, setting has stopped. there are some chinese app you cant uninstall. and after the phone went to sleep and you activate it show a message saying that the usb has been disconnected.

Guest wso277

i have tested the 2.8.17 rom without sim card, for default it launches on chines language. after hardly found how to change to english it shows the error message: unfortunately, setting has stopped. there are some chinese app you cant uninstall. and after the phone went to sleep and you activate it show a message saying that the usb has been disconnected.

I started with sim card and it was in english, but i also cant change the language

Guest pedroxe

click on the left key for options. go to the last item thats settings. than scroll the display to the right to see the complete settings. scroll down untill you see an image from a keyboard just below the clock icon. select it and its the first item on that menu, change it to english.

another bug thats annoying me, during a call if you receive a SMS the phone vibrates just next to your ear.. not cool!

besides that miui got a lot of great features i will stick around this rom...

Guest agent McBob

u need to place the ICS update.app file in a dload file on the root of ur external SD card.

Thanks for the advice, you just saved the phone from a very short journey at high speed across the front room

Looks like latest version discussed here is 2.8.17, but 2.8.31 exists and I just found 2.9.7: http://pan.baidu.com...v4/MIUIv4 2.9.7

1. Any changelog for there ROMs?

2. Does anyone use or can try new versions? Is it usable rom?

3. OTA function - is it really working like real OTA, or is it just these smaller update packages to flash with CWM?

I have 2.9.7 downloaded, it took ages. I can reupload it somewhere, if anyone interested?

Edit: Here it is http://www.solidfiles.com/d/9afe460d25/

Edited by qayl

Looks like latest version discussed here is 2.8.17, but 2.8.31 exists and I just found 2.9.7: http://pan.baidu.com...v4/MIUIv4 2.9.7

1. Any changelog for there ROMs?

2. Does anyone use or can try new versions? Is it usable rom?

3. OTA function - is it really working like real OTA, or is it just these smaller update packages to flash with CWM?

I have 2.9.7 downloaded, it took ages. I can reupload it somewhere, if anyone interested?

I would be. How is it running