Jelly Bean - CM10 for Blade

Guest viv1m

Guest viv1m

I expected people to go crazy about getting, using, porting and screwing codes for the latest iteration if Android, but it is all quiet.

so, i hereby appeal all of you go crazy about the latest version of Android and bug everyone who you suspect can do anything about it.

And yeah, I'm very serious about everything i said here. like this :mad::ph34r::angry:

Thank you:):)

Guest ufizo

mid july is when the nexus 7 is to be released. How long after that the source is released, that we dont know. Maybe next day, maybe a week or a month, or maybe even before that. There have been no announcements regarding that.

Guest maff91

And I think JellyBean will not be CM10, it will probably be CM9,1

cyanogen mod has always gone up a whole number for each new iteration of android so don't see why it would be 9.1, we had cm7, cm7.1 and 7.2 which where all GB.

Guest viv1m
And I think JellyBean will not be CM10, it will probably be CM9,1

cyanogen mod has always gone up a whole number for each new iteration of android so don't see why it would be 9.1, we had cm7, cm7.1 and 7.2 which where all GB.

Yes, i believe that JB will be CM10 or CMA.:) and not cm9.1.

Also thank you everybody for understanding my craziness:blink::ph34r::P:wacko:

Guest jeddy1

yes but cm7.1 or cm7.2 were stable versions

Froyo=cm6 , GB=cm7 , ICS=cm9 so why should not Jelly Bean be CM10?? you are afraid it doesn't go more than CM10 :P ??

@viv1m : you opened a thread for nothing ... exciting other people when watching the title of this thread and once they read it they get dissapointed from silly questions

Guest rabaip

It simply wouldnt be logical to just leave all their work on cm9 behind. Cm9 barely just had it's first release candidate, it had no stable release yet. It'd be more logical to just switch over to the JellyBean sources and port their customization options to it and continue CM9 as a Jelly Bean rom. Shouldnt be THAT hard since it's a relatively small leap from ICS, no such changes as between GB and ICS.

Guest sej7278

jellybean has a new API level (16) so will have pretty major changes over 4.0.4 i guess

plus there's all the new faster graphics 60fps stuff and text input, which probably means new drivers, which means new props to get off fscking zte/qualcomm.

that said, most of the apps seem to work on ics, save for voice input apparently.

i say cm10 not 9.1, by which time i expect i'll have moved to a g300 or something armv7 with ics/jb from the vendor.

Quote from GsmArena regarding CM10...

With the release of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, everyone is now looking at popular custom ROM makers CyanogenMod to provide details as to when will they be releasing an update to CyanogenMod.

gsmarena_001.jpg

The team has taken to Google+ and although they did not provide an ETA for the update, they did provide a few details about the update itself.

The next update, as you may have guessed, will be called CM10, keeping with the tradition of giving the update the same number as the position of the alphabet the Android version is named after (‘J’ in Jelly Bean being the 10th letter).

Since Jelly Bean is not a major update over Ice Cream Sandwich, the way ICS was over Gingerbread, there won’t have to do any major rewriting as they had to do for CM9, which means the update should arrive relatively quicker. Having said that the team is not 100% sure about this as Google still hasn’t released the source code for Jelly Bean.

They also said that they will be incorporating features such as Project Butter and if your handset was compatible with CM9 then it should be eligible to get Android 4.1 as well.

The team is currently working on releasing a stable version of CM9, after which they will focus on CM7 and CM10.

You can get more details in the link below.

Source

http://blog.gsmarena.com/cyanogenmod-provides-details-regarding-jelly-bean-and-cm10/

we need qualcomm to release the openmax drivers though, they haven't posted any info on their twitter account about this for ages. I suspect we won't get those drivers.

I'd like jelly bean but i need ics, there are so many great improvements in it.

Guest sej7278

we need qualcomm to release the openmax drivers though, they haven't posted any info on their twitter account about this for ages. I suspect we won't get those drivers.

i suspect without openmax jellybean won't work at all, as it requires 60fps fully accelerated video for all apps.

Guest rabaip

Some representative from qualcomm replied to one of the OMX petitions' discussion saying msm7227 isnt capable of running ICS OMX. I call bullshit on that but it's pretty clear they have no intention of supporting armv6 devices any longer. Understandable I guess.

Edited by rabaip

Guest Felsch

discussion is busy for so long about those drivers, and you JUST started to suspect we won get any drivers ?! .. srsly... that became quite clear after a few tries, but also see above.

OT:

I don think Jelly Bean will happen, not in the near future at least. There are certain limitations the devices has, and that will be the bottleneck. depending on how well the kernel for ics blade(2.6 something) works with Jelly bean. And the there was something about Chrome being standard browser (but that could be just the nexus 7... didn't pay much attention when they announced that ... ) anyways... the devs may give it a shot, and if the limitations are not that bad it will work, but that is going to take months, maybe years.

Even so, makes me wanna go to UK, get one of those Ascend G300, go back to Netherlands, and live with which has Armv7 and not big limitations. Anyways, my 2 cents regarding JB on Blade... (and if the devs do pull it off, I will congratulate them for it :))

Edited by Felsch

Guest viv1m

yes but cm7.1 or cm7.2 were stable versions

Froyo=cm6 , GB=cm7 , ICS=cm9 so why should not Jelly Bean be CM10?? you are afraid it doesn't go more than CM10 :P ??

@viv1m : you opened a thread for nothing ... exciting other people when watching the title of this thread and once they read it they get dissapointed from silly questions

Thanks, i guess :)