jventura

jventura

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

HW accel - yes. But as I said not yet.
Panorama - no. That needs more work in the camera HAL.

Hi Tilal, can I suggest you open a new thread like "Compiling CM10 for Blade" with some instructions like Simon has done? I think that probably we have to copy /device/zte/blade and kernel/zte/zte... to the new jellybean branch although I still haven't tried that yet (lack of time for now). But in that new thread people who have been compiling cm9 could give a hand catching some compilation bugs, etc..

João Ventura

HumaDroid

HumaDroid

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Devices:DELL XCD35
good enough.. again, AWESOME work devs...

HumaDroid

HumaDroid

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Hi Tilal, can I suggest you open a new thread like "Compiling CM10 for Blade"

+1

android@sam

android@sam

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Interests:Computers, MObilez...
  • Devices:DELL XCD35 aka ZTE BLADE
Look here https://developer.qu...on-qdsp/13248.i think its never gonna be hardware accln in ics as qualcomm itself answered it.(look for the best answer like title for the answer and remove '.i' from the given address.

Edited by android@sam, 13 July 2012 - 09:46 AM.

Sony Ericsson UI On your ZTE BLADE

"CYANSCAPE"

tilal6991

tilal6991

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, Huawei U8150
As I have said soooo many times before hardware acceleration is not hardware decoding.

If you like my work or if I helped, click the Plus button.

sej7278

sej7278

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Hi Tilal, can I suggest you open a new thread like "Compiling CM10 for Blade" with some instructions like Simon has done? I think that probably we have to copy /device/zte/blade and kernel/zte/zte... to the new jellybean branch although I still haven't tried that yet (lack of time for now). But in that new thread people who have been compiling cm9 could give a hand catching some compilation bugs, etc..

João Ventura

i'm actually updating my cm9 tutorial as i get cm10 building. i'm hoping the differences eventually won't be different enough to need a new thread, when things have stabilised it should eventually just be "replace cm9 with cm10 and ics with jellybean".

i can't get cm10 to build on blade yet due to some problems with bionic (see my tutorial thread). one issue also is that there is no jellybean branch of the cyanogenmon zte-kernel-msm7x27 repo on github, so currently trying just a prebuilt kernel for now.

i've changed the proprietary tree in the tutorial to my github mirror as koush has deleted his for some reason.

ufizo

ufizo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Twitter:@ufiz0
Google recently published the JellyBean changelog:

http://www.android.c...out/jelly-bean/

..Abel..

..Abel..

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade / Dell XCD 35
  • Twitter:@Ace_Able
so i no theres no hw accl, but has anyone got jb running on the blade ! ? Just Asking ! :)

Posted Image
JELLY BEAN :)

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Open C
  • Twitter:@konstatuomio

so i no theres no hw accl, but has anyone got jb running on the blade ! ? Just Asking ! :)

Yeah, I have CM10 running on my Blade. :D

I got most of the basic stuff working today. RIL (far from perfect), wifi, audio (still some routing issues), sensors, LEDs, sdcard, USB storage, bluetooth, browser, etc now working (and when I say working it might be an overstatement :P). No hardware accleration so everything is still slow and it's not very pleasant to use. And before anyone asks - NO, I'm not planning on releasing it yet. I'll tease you with some screenies though. ;)

Attached File  shot_000004.png   64.25KB   119 downloads Attached File  shot_000006.png   25.64KB   116 downloads Attached File  shot_000008.png   44.87KB   108 downloads

tilal6991

tilal6991

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts
@Konstat - did sensors/lights build and run for you or did you have to push the CM9 libs to the device.

t181

t181

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

I got most of the basic stuff working today. RIL (far from perfect), wifi, audio (still some routing issues), sensors, LEDs, sdcard, USB storage, bluetooth, browser, etc now working (and when I say working it might be an overstatement :P). No hardware accleration so everything is still slow and it's not very pleasant to use. And before anyone asks - NO, I'm not planning on releasing it yet. I'll tease you with some screenies though. ;)

Attached File  shot_000004.png   64.25KB   119 downloads Attached File  shot_000006.png   25.64KB   116 downloads Attached File  shot_000008.png   44.87KB   108 downloads

Looks promising... :)

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts

@Konstat - did sensors/lights build for you or did you have to push the libs to the device.

They build just fine. Previously I had to remove them (lights.blade.so and sensors.blade.so) after the build because it prevented my device from booting. Fixed it here and here.

RIL is still very iffy. Patch in your github doesn't work on my device. RIL works only if I manually chmod /data/radio in shell after it's booted. That causes phone.apk to force close until PIN is entered, after that everything works normally.

shmizan

shmizan

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts
very nice job Konstat!
I wonder if JB requires bigger system partition like ICS did. what the say regarding this?

Orange San Francisco, Upgraded to Gen 2 with TPT Helper (custom partition layout: 150-sys, 302-data, 4-cache)
CyanogenMod 10

b3rvirus

b3rvirus

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
guys take a look at this, http://maclaw.pl/?p=205
the dev said that project butter has worked (100%) and it's on a qualcomm armv6 device

Devices:
ZTE Blade (GEN2, TFT, 256)
San Francisco (GEN1, AMOLED, 512)

tilal6991

tilal6991

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts
I'll believe it when I see it.

tilal6991

tilal6991

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts
I'll believe it when I see it.

..Abel..

..Abel..

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade / Dell XCD 35
  • Twitter:@Ace_Able

sweet !~ :)

Posted Image
JELLY BEAN :)

Snap.IT

Snap.IT

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade 3, Alcatel OT995

the dev said that project butter has worked (100%) and it's on a qualcomm armv6 device

Maclaws track record consists mainly of receiving donations and promising that he has things working but it's just this one thing he needs to fix first, a minor thing but still something he needs to fix before release... Six months later, same story.

I'm sure he'll deliver any year now if you just donate some more.

So i'll agree with tilal and say that i'll believe it when i see it.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts

very nice job Konstat!
I wonder if JB requires bigger system partition like ICS did. what the say regarding this?

I guess it only depends how much you're willing to trim it down. ;) I've already applied my CM9 trimming strategy to CM10 and system size for the ROM that comes out from the build process is now ~129mb. There's still some stuff that can be removed (and stuff I need to add back if I ever release it) but it is probably by 5-10mb larger than ICS. Gapps for JB are also bigger, but I have no idea how they even work on our device (haven't tested yet, I'm still running 138mb system partition). With some trimmed gapps smallest possible system size will probably land somewhere between 138mb and 160mb.

Anyway, it's way too early to start TPTing for JB. :P

It's also funny how they say "IF YOU WANT TO USE MY WORK, YOUR WORK MUST TO BE OPEN SOURCE TOO!!!!!" in their thread, but their sources are nowhere to be found.

kmotala

kmotala

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

My page blade.az.pl. If I help you , you can help me :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users