OMG - Nobody warned me that I need to have an SD card

Guest Sonny Atwal

Guest Sonny Atwal

Step 1 - Root Phone - Done

Step 2 - Install CWM - Done

Step 3 - Trying to install Atomic Mod - Impossible

I followed the guide word for word and I now have a phone with nothing on it (no operating system) only CWM, which means I cannot do anything with my phone (not even unlock it) until i get an sd card

Guest Davidoff59

Did you do a backup, if so flash that. With no sd card installed, pretty sure a backup saves on the internal sd card

Guest Davidoff59

He has wiped the phone by all accounts,

I now have a phone with nothing on it (no operating system) only CWM.

Sonny if this is your first Android phone, please read up a bit first. People can just go straight into rom flashing with no idea what they are doing and then when a problem occurs, panic immediately sets in. If you had done a bit of reading first, you would have known that an sd card is needed.

Where did you download the rom to and where does the guide say how you get it from where ever you have downloaded it to, to your phone?

Edited by Davidoff59

Guest Sonny Atwal

i followed the atomic mod instructions

INSTRUCTIONS FOR PERFECT INSTALL & BETTER BATTERY LIFE

WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET

WIPE CACHE PARTITION

MOUNTS & STORAGE > FORMATE SYSTEM

ADVANCED > WIPE DALVIK CACHE

ADVANCED >WIPE BATTERY STATS

NOW INSTALL THE ROM

this is where the problem arised, i went to mount SD, mount USB, mount system, etc and nothing, you need an sd card to put the rom onto, the part where it says formate system is where it deleted my original ROM

Guest Davidoff59

Did you backup your old rom, I take it you didnt? Did you not think, how do I install the rom, where are those instructions? How do I get the rom onto the phone etc?

I am not trying to be funny, just that would be my train of thought thats all.

Can I suggest you do a bit of googling also. Its much better when you understand a bit about Android rather than just flashing for the sake of it. There is a wealth of information out there and so much to learn that you will never learn even the half of it but a basic understanding gets people interested to then learn even more.

Guest Pondlife

Can you still install an official rom on using the ordinary update procedure? CWM can mount the internal SD card can't it?

Guest Sonny Atwal

i thought since the phone has 4GB internal memory, i could use that to flash the ROM.

this is not the first time i have tinkered with android. ZTE Blade was the first then ZTE Skate, i even put android on my HP Touchpad.

i managed to find an sd card i had lying spare 2GB (i have ordered 2 x 16GB from amazon and they should get here by friday or early next week), i put the ROM onto that and all is fine now.

i think there should be a warning though that you cannot mount the internal memory of this phone, otherwise others could also make this same mistake, especially when developer's are telling people to delete the original OS in the installation guide.

I have just spent the last few hours installing apps and widgets on it, doesn't feel much faster than the skate tbh, anyone know what the performance difference in real terms?