G300 Stuck on boot screen for no reason?

Guest Cardie

Guest Cardie

Please dont shout at me because im new here :)

Bought the G300 about a month ago from vodaphone (luckily was already unlocked) and have enjoyed every moment with it.

Im not new to android and can do the basics (rooting etc)

I was on Opera mobile and tried to get a youtube video to run (via flash) and my phone completly froze, about 5 mins later was still not responding to anything, so I pulled the battery and turned it back on.... but about 10 minutes it was still on the boot screen?

Its rooted and running the updated vodaphone rom (B886?) I only updated it the day I got it then rooted it, nothing else done to it!

Any ideas whats caused this? Im dowloading B882 rom now and try to see if it will install via SDcard.

I did try getting into recovery mode (Power on with volume up or down) nothing happend but when I hold the up and down button and power buttons in I get a pink screen and nothing else? :(

Any ideas? Cheers :)

Guest Gary_J_Wright

Please dont shout at me because im new here :)

Bought the G300 about a month ago from vodaphone (luckily was already unlocked) and have enjoyed every moment with it.

Im not new to android and can do the basics (rooting etc)

I was on Opera mobile and tried to get a youtube video to run (via flash) and my phone completly froze, about 5 mins later was still not responding to anything, so I pulled the battery and turned it back on.... but about 10 minutes it was still on the boot screen?

Its rooted and running the updated vodaphone rom (B886?) I only updated it the day I got it then rooted it, nothing else done to it!

Any ideas whats caused this? Im dowloading B882 rom now and try to see if it will install via SDcard.

I did try getting into recovery mode (Power on with volume up or down) nothing happend but when I hold the up and down button and power buttons in I get a pink screen and nothing else? :(

Any ideas? Cheers :)

b882 wont install try b886 or b888 as you have b885 OTA update already - try this 1st! battery out hold volume up, keep it pressed, insert battery, still hold it 10 -20 seconds should boot into android recovery wipe the caches and factory reset then reboot - should fix it

also pink screen equals no dload folder (with update.app inside) on sd card

Edited by Gary_J_Wright

Guest Cardie

Cheers for the reply, ended up getting it t boot B882 from the sdcard, I got it off the huawei website, updated to B886 and rooted it :) All is good apart from ive lost all my apps etc. Phones seems okay now though, was going to put B888 on but im going straight for ICS :)

Thanks!

• 5 months later...

b882 wont install try b886 or b888 as you have b885 OTA update already - try this 1st! battery out hold volume up, keep it pressed, insert battery, still hold it 10 -20 seconds should boot into android recovery wipe the caches and factory reset then reboot - should fix it

also pink screen equals no dload folder (with update.app inside) on sd card

You saved my phone ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D