Changing splash1 logo on G300[Last updated: 09/07]

Guest Geno.Kolar

Guest Geno.Kolar

This is a tool,help you change the logo on G300

you need:

1. install ADB drivers from the ISO mounted on the phone, enable USB debugging and then connect USB cable - make sure adb works.

2. prepare a 480*800 jpg picture

3. make sure you phone is root(will push files to /data)

3. run tool “changelogo.exe"

4. select picture

5. wait tool change logo

06/07

i test in Miuiv4,it's work fine.[ HUAWEI U8800/C8812/U8818]

09/07 update:

works on any ROM,i test it on offical ICS ROM

http://sourceforge.net/projects/genoandroid/files/changelogo-EN-0709.exe/download

post-797877-0-12193200-1341530752_thumb.

Edited by Geno.Kolar

Guest timfimjim

Didn't seb already do this?

www.modaco.com/topic/353530-mod-change-your-splash-screen/

Thanks anyway though :)

Edited by timfimjim

Guest timfimjim

im not sure they work on ICS tho.

Really? Fair enough. Haven't tested either on ics as not had time to take the plunge and update yet! Still stuck in the stone age on gingerbread haha

Guest Hpez

Ok, this is getting annoying now... even this tool won't change my splash1 screen?!? No matter what I try I still have the same white/orange chinese unicom 3g logo.

Here are the steps I have taken so someone can see if they can work out what has made this logo 'write protected' (for want of a better description):

I Flashed the ICS update as in the guide, used the original unlocker.exe posted by flibblesan (which is the one was the chinese text) to root and unlock. After booting I decided I wanted to try to change the splash1 screen so I tried to flash on of the zip files from this thread: http://www.modaco.com/topic/353530-mod-change-your-splash-screen/ that didn't work so I actually tried each of them, none worked. (was it this that did it?)

After this I tried re-flashing the update via dload as I originally did only this time I used the newer english version of the unlocker.exe, still had the logo after all that. Next I messaged Geno to see if he had any ideas and he wrote this little tool but alas my logo still won't change.

Apart from the logo the phone works as expected.So what the heck have I done to make this logo un-removable? I am honestly baffled at this point.

post-923750-0-32875700-1341510860_thumb.

Guest Hans Gruber

Thanks for the tool. Has anyone got the original Huawei jpeg to flash?

How long should this take? It's been on the "changing, wait..." screen for about 5 mins. Can I safely disconnect?

Edited by Hans Gruber

Guest FrankieADZ

flash the vendor update in the ics download and you will get the original huawei splash back

but dont u get the bloatware from Unicom..

Guest FrankieADZ

no you get even less bloat, 2 chinese apps and a few huawei

Owww...if...I flash ICS then I must remember to flash the vendor file aswell then :)

Guest Hpez

Still scratching my head on this. I've just copied the UPDATE.APP back over to my sdcard and flashed B926 yet again, then re-unlocked/rooted and then tried this logo changer again... but still no luck. :( :( :(

Seriously, there must be some way to update this splash logo... or at least some reason why the current one will not be over written. :wacko:

Guest Hpez

did u see if adding the vendor file changed it?

Didn't manage to flash it - copied it to the dload folder but it just sat there on the progress bar for 10mins doing nothing before I pulled the battery. I figured a 1kb files should probably have finished by now. I'm also not sure how a 1kb file can contain a splash logo or extra apps.

Guest maritimesbob

Not working for me. Do I run this application with the phone in recovery or with the phone booted up and running. I tried the latter, the application ran and then shut down. Rebooted but the Unicom remains.

I have ICS running just fine, rooted and with cwm installed.

Guest Hpez

I've tried in booted normally and whilst in fastboot neither worked for me but that could be the freakishly unkillable unicom splash I seem to be stuck with and not the app itself.

Anyone else tried this?

Guest maritimesbob

I've tried in booted normally and whilst in fastboot neither worked for me but that could be the freakishly unkillable unicom splash I seem to be stuck with and not the app itself.

Anyone else tried this?

Yep, still stuck with the unicom splash.

Guest Pondlife

Don't do the vendor bit too it actually makes it worse, the second boot logo gets changed to one with noise as well as picture

Guest PeaceMaker_H

Don't do the vendor bit too it actually makes it worse, the second boot logo gets changed to one with noise as well as picture

You don´t need vendor for that, i´ve flashed without and on my first boots got that logo...

after restoring imei all changed..

Guest pelago

This is a tool,help you change the logo on G300

you need:

1. install ADB drivers from the ISO mounted on the phone, enable USB debugging and then connect USB cable - make sure adb works.

2. prepare a 480*800 jpg picture

3. make sure you phone is root(will push files to /data)

3. run tool “changelogo.exe"

4. select picture

5. wait tool change logo

i test in Miuiv4,it's work fine.[ HUAWEI U8800/C8812/U8818]

post-797877-0-12193200-1341530752_thumb.

http://sourceforge.n...EN.exe/download

Geno, Do you have the source code for this available? I couldn't find anything in your sourceforge git or svn.