who has updated and not updated to ics

Guest wrtease

Guest wrtease

just a poll on who s on what rom and how many people are using the huawei ascend g300

im on ics offical

Edited by wrtease

Guest FrankieADZ

I'm on Tillaz AtmoicMod B888.

yeah, I've not updated as I'm unsure....so point and laugh :(

I thought it would be "retro" to stay on GB....maybe I should go to Cupcake to be ultra retro :ph34r: :( :lol:

hope people using it are enjoying it.

Guest runlevel5

on chinese ics at mo. ics is nice and all but personally I miss the speed of atomicmod. imo, the touchscreen is not as responsive and the browser is slow. hopefully that will all be fixed/its just my bad luck.

Edited by runlevel5

Guest Christiansdad

ics is nice and all but personally I miss the speed of atomicmod. imo, the touchscreen is not as responsive and the browser is slow. hopefully that will all be fixed/its just my bad luck.

CM9, agree with the screen responsiveness not being as good. Also SD card transfer speeds seem slower.

Guest omegamoon

ICS MIUI at the moment. Not fully satisfied yet, still needs some tweakin'

But overall certainly worth updating to. I'm not going back ;)

Guest RussellS

I'm on Tillaz AtmoicMod B888.

yeah, I've not updated as I'm unsure....so point and laugh :(

I thought it would be "retro" to stay on GB....maybe I should go to Cupcake to be ultra retro :ph34r: :( :lol:

hope people using it are enjoying it.

I'm in the same boat except I'm on stock B888. Earlier this week I was ready to install CM9 to test knowing that I could restore my Nandroid backup and get back to B888 easily. However, since then things have gotten a little more complicated with CM9, MIUI & chinese stock ICS and talk of loosing the IMEI etc.

So basically I'm waiting for things to settle down a little and maybe even wait for the UK ICS to appear.

I don't know why but I was much more 'gung ho' with my OSF. I would just throw any old rom at it to test and never had any issues at all. I'm much more cautious with the G300 and I don't really know why.

Guest Pathfinder23

Currently on Paul's ROM but having any luck upgrading to ICS as am getting "update failed" message, tried different SD cards, diffeneg update method with no luck, so I think I am stuck until UK version released, hopefully !

Guest Sonny Atwal

I'm in the same boat except I'm on stock B888. Earlier this week I was ready to install CM9 to test knowing that I could restore my Nandroid backup and get back to B888 easily. However, since then things have gotten a little more complicated with CM9, MIUI & chinese stock ICS and talk of loosing the IMEI etc.

So basically I'm waiting for things to settle down a little and maybe even wait for the UK ICS to appear.

I don't know why but I was much more 'gung ho' with my OSF. I would just throw any old rom at it to test and never had any issues at all. I'm much more cautious with the G300 and I don't really know why.

you should really update to Atomic Mod everything is working 100% and is made to look and feel like ICS, then update to UK ICS when it is released.

The only reason not to update to Chinese ICS or a ROM based on it is, if you are worried that when UK ICS comes out, you will need to downgrade before upgrading, which is risky if you do not follow the instructions 100%.

Therefore even if you are cautious i would still install Atomic Mod, there is no reason not to.

Guest JRow

Only been on ICS for 24 hrs and i know it will get better,but atm it feels like what it is - a work in progress.The future ICS roms will improve on this 1st one and i'll know my way round ICS better in time. Everything justs feels 'not quite there yet' ,screen can seem less responsive (even unresponsive at times) ,not keen on the stock browser,voice input on google works ok but laggy ,and a few other minor niggles.Nothing serious,just rough and ready feel to it

Guest RussellS

you should really update to Atomic Mod everything is working 100% and is made to look and feel like ICS, then update to UK ICS when it is released.

The only reason not to update to Chinese ICS or a ROM based on it is, if you are worried that when UK ICS comes out, you will need to downgrade before upgrading, which is risky if you do not follow the instructions 100%.

Therefore even if you are cautious i would still install Atomic Mod, there is no reason not to.

Ok, I've taken your advice. I'm installing AtomicMod as we speak.

Guest Sonny Atwal

Ok, I've taken your advice. I'm installing AtomicMod as we speak.

I have 2 G300's and I have Chinese ICS on mine and Atomic Mod on my Mrs's. The only reason her's is on Atomic is because she had that on her Skate and is used to it and also just in case we do need to downgrade before upgrading to UK ICS, don't want to brick her phone and end up with her nagging constantly as I try and fix it. Therefore I have left her's on Atomic so the upgrade process to UK ICS is clean.

Edited by Sonny Atwal

Guest Alkafer

ICS MIUI at the moment. Not fully satisfied yet, still needs some tweakin'

But overall certainly worth updating to. I'm not going back ;)

The same that he said.

See you!

Guest Gary_J_Wright

Currently on Paul's ROM but having any luck upgrading to ICS as am getting "update failed" message, tried different SD cards, diffeneg update method with no luck, so I think I am stuck until UK version released, hopefully !

if you get update failed trying to go to ICS chinese you Will almost certainly get it with UK ICS - because you are running B894 or B895 - but dont worry look for my guide on change between any g300 rom