Chinese ICS camera sounds

Guest timfimjim

Guest Adyx00

I think there might be an option in build.prop to disable it. You might be better off waiting for someone who knows what they're talking about though. I think Paul's rom had an option in the kitchen too actually.

Edited by Adyx00

Guest droiddruid

Nice Tillaz but there is still a sound relating to the camera focus which is held in the APK itself. Maybe the apk needs edited and recompiled I dunno. :P

Guest Mtman1

I think its illegal to remove the camera shutter noise in some countries. I still don't know why, but I know I've seen it somewhere...

Guest timfimjim

I think its illegal to remove the camera shutter noise in some countries. I still don't know why, but I know I've seen it somewhere...

Yeah I think it's in ics camera if you try disable sounds.

Thanks tillaz! Will try now. Also will you be adding init.d support for atomic mod ics version.? :-D

Edited by timfimjim

Guest tillaz

Yeah I think it's in ics camera if you try disable sounds.

Thanks tillaz! Will try now. Also will you be adding init.d support for atomic mod ics version.? :-D

yeah, here is a boot.img for the ics update with init.d support

http://www.solidfiles.com/d/d66ad6f02b/

i will have a look at the camera to disable the remaining sound, should be fairly easy

Guest droiddruid

i managed to decompile the apk, replace the ogg files with empty versions but kept getting errors when trying to compile again so gave up ^^

Guest Davidoff59

Dead easy. Just been looking through build prop.

Ro.camera.forced.sound=1

Change the 1 to 0, save and reboot. Tried and tested. If you dont reboot, sounds are still active.

Guest PeaceMaker_H

Dead easy. Just been looking through build prop.

Ro.camera.forced.sound=1

Change the 1 to 0, save and reboot. Tried and tested. If you dont reboot, sounds are still active.

Don´t know why but it doesn´t works for me.. and yes, i´ve rebooted

Guest Davidoff59

You sure it saved peacemaker? I use Rom Toolbox so I dont have to mount file systems to RW a its done automatically. I will try again on a fresh install and confirm

Guest Davidoff59

Just noticed build prop ro.config.hw.camera_hdr which is set to false. I will see what true does.

Setting to true doesnt appear to do anything.

Confirmed no sound and no focusing noise

Guest timfimjim

Just noticed build prop ro.config.hw.camera_hdr which is set to false. I will see what true does.

ok cool i'll try the build.prop thing then. hmm, 'hdr' could that mean high definition recording? just a guess

Guest PeaceMaker_H

Yes, I used Toolbox but the sound is still there...

:blink:

earlier today I have noticed too in the camera hdr, but no result... there is also a line for a SrS equalizer..

Edited by PeaceMaker_H

Guest droiddruid

Don´t know why but it doesn´t works for me.. and yes, i´ve rebooted

Just a thought but are you rebooting with 'Fast Boot' enabled in settings? Try again with fast boot set to off :)

Guest tillaz

ok cool i'll try the build.prop thing then. hmm, 'hdr' could that mean high definition recording? just a guess

isn't HDR that feature in a camera that takes loads of pictures then merges them to make a better picture or something?

sure i had it on my iphone 4

edit: yeah, it is http://arstechnica.com/apple/2010/09/hdr-photography-with-iphone-4-and-ios-41/