g300 ics - poor wifi pickup - netgear

Guest staking

Guest staking

just put the offical ics, but having problems connecting and staying connected to my home router (netgear n draft) from plus.net (fibre broadband)

it connects fine but randomally disconnects and slow transfer rates, but showing excellent and good reception, anyone else having similar issues ?

2.3.6 andriod which it came with seem to be worst on the wifi than ics.

Edited by staking

Guest runlevel5

try firmware update on router homepage or changing channels (frequencies) on youf router. if unsure, phone plusnet, they used to be pretty good.a similar issue existed with generic android chinese tablets and that was resolved using either method from above.

good luck

Guest Andymac1969

just put the offical ics, but having problems connecting and staying connected to my home router (netgear n draft) from plus.net (fibre broadband)

it connects fine but randomally disconnects and slow transfer rates, but showing excellent and good reception, anyone else having similar issues ?

2.3.6 andriod which it came with seem to be worst on the wifi than ics.

I am on the same (plusnet fibre), but I have the technicolor router, have you got the router set up for b/g/n wireless? I have and mine is rock solid on connection, I have installed ICS and not noticed any real change, restarting wifi or the phone makes no difference?

Andrew

Guest staking

hi thanks for the replies, i tried changing security settings via admin and resetting modem/router but didnt work, it was on b/g/n wireless.

what i have done now is go back to my bt homehumb N router and just put in my plus.net settings, and now its stable 100%, just plugged in and all perfect, so guessing the netgear router isnt 100% compatible it seems with android.

homehub gives a better signal as well.