Could be ICS be releasing officially very soon in UK?

Guest alhimyaa

Guest alhimyaa

Hi, I know that a lot of people have installed ICS from the roms released in China or from other users, but was wondering if the UK will be getting an official release soon as I noticed on the UK website that there is a new readme file with ICS at the end of the filename. Also, some of the diagrams had the homescreen layout that's on the ICS. Not sure if I am looking too much into this or what, just thought i'd mention it in case anybody has heard anything off their facebook page.

Guest Dazzozo

So why are we waiting for the UK release, again?

It will be the same as the Chinese one with a different splash, and Vodafone apps.

Guest anything-but

Only reason i can see for waiting is the convenience and ease of a ota update,like you say it`s not going to be a upgraded ics,just a "different" one i.e vodaphone bloat! There`s enough guides and help on here to not wait tho. :)

Guest preciouspangolin

I was told that official ICS ROM for Huawei U8815 should be released at the end of this month (marketing manager told me, she passed my question to competent persons who will tell me exactly when it will be released).

Edited by preciouspangolin

Guest preciouspangolin

There's her response - I asked Czech Huawei, got response from Accendo agency (google translated):

Hello,

Thank you for your question which was passed on the responsible person. Accedo agency serves for contact with media. If your representative for Huawei Technologies contacted during the day tomorrow, please call the company Huawei Technologies, the telephone numbers in your contacts here: http://www.huaweidevice.cz/kontakt.html.

Current has information on availability at the end of July, but the representative will inform you exactly.

More on software updates and to learn other matches his own. At the global Huawei Devices page here:

Thank you for your understanding and best regards.

Guest Cardie

I'd be tempted just to stick with the ROM we have now, ICS in the UK will just be full of vodaphone shite, and personally I prefer it the Chinese ROM as its pretty much as android wanted it. Vodaphone will be fiddled about with in all sorts of ways!

Guest preciouspangolin

My opinion is that Huawei already has ROM for U8815, but there's a delay because of Vodafone customizations.

Guest Dazzozo

Huawei seem to distribute the same ROM. U8815 ROMs have NFC, but the phone itself doesn't, so yes you're probably right.

Guest Dazzozo

I can't really think why it wouldn't be included. It's not entirely difficult from an OEM's perspective. It's not like it doesn't show either, the lack of it is really noticeable in the UI.

Guest timfimjim

The update is already ruined by the lack of OpenGL, we don't need Vodafone making it worse. :P

Did the original GB ROMs (B882 885 888 etc) have OpenGL?

Is it anything that can be added to custom ROMs? Or is it a big task...

Guest timfimjim

They didn't, and the fact it doesn't exist anywhere at the moment means it can probably be a pretty big task.

Yeah fair enough. Pretty annoying - seems like another little shortcut Huawei have taken...

Guest alhimyaa

When is the exclusive deal with Vodafone over? And will that mean future updates by Huwaei will have now Vodafone apps in them. I hope it will mean whatever ICS update they release, they re-release a clean version so customers from other companies will be able to download a copy in case they require to reinstall the rom. I assume they will have ICS pre-installed for the o2, orange, virgin customers....

Guest ADROW

I think it launched around April 15th, with 3 months exclusive to vodafone. In theory it should be another week until that is over and everyone else can start selling.

Guest Pondlife

Would've expected to see pre order on other networks or maybe coming soon notes, maybe they've extended it. Unless it's sold sim free we wouldn't see a clean version anyway just several operator versions. I doubt ICS would be on the phones out of the box, but it's possible I guess.

Guest FrankieADZ

So in theory, the Ics update could be next week when vodofones exclusive ends.

maybe vodafone/huawei will release it a day before with all the voda bloatware on there