[MOD]SuperchargerScript[BOOST UP YOUR BLADE]

Guest android@sam

Guest android@sam

NOTE:This script is not developed by me.

What it do?

It makes your phone FAST... super snappy with better multitasking!

It rearranges and fixes the OOM Groupings and Priorites and lowmemorykiller values.

So basically, it's a COMPLETE MEMORY MANAGEMENT FIX!

Requirements:

1. Rooted Phone.

2. Busybox 1.16.2 OR ABOVE

3. Script Manager or Terminal Emulator to run the script.

Installing/Using:

1. Download the attached V6_SuperCharger_for_Android*.txt/pdf script and save to your sdcard.

... Do NOT run the V6 SuperCharger install script at boot!

2. a. Load the script (V6_SuperCharger_for_Android*.txt/pdf) into Script Manager and select "Run as Root" (skull and crossbones "Su" icon - it turns green when selected)

.... b. OR Use Terminal Emulator. Type su and enter, sh /sdcard/SCRIPT_NAME and enter (provided you saved the script to the root of your sdcard)

3. Get SuperCharged! Just pick an option! The extra options (Engine Flush, etc.) explain things before doing anything

4. READ the script's output!

5. Afterwards, READ the html HELP FILE in the root of your SD Card!

6. Disable "Lock Home in Memory" if your ROM has this option.

7. Optional: For a quick status check, you can put a Script Manager widget for V6 SuperCharger on you desktop

8. Reboot - required if it's your first time SuperCharging the rom.

Sorry guys i can not attach the scripts because uploading is not working(dont know why :( )

So here are the links:

THE SUPERCHARGER SCRIPT -THIS WILL A open WINDOWS IN YOU BROWSER.JUST SAVE THE FILE IN .txt or .sh

BUSYBOX BINARY

That's it.Now you blade will Fly!!!!!

ALL THIS CREDIT GOES TO THE ORIGINAL DEVELOPER 'zeppelinrox'

Original Thread :- http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=991276

Edited by android@sam

Guest Akash P

Now now, was this really required?

On a side note I've been using this script on and off for a year now and honestly have not seen any noticeable difference. Pretty pointless actually.

Guest targetbsp

I tried it earlier after the posts in the ICS threads and trashed the rom. I must have done something wrong. Make sure you have a backup. :D

Guest android@sam

Now now, was this really required?

On a side note I've been using this script on and off for a year now and honestly have not seen any noticeable difference. Pretty pointless actually.

No, I see some noticeable improvement in ColdFusionX Rom, like smooth animation in App Drawer, improved scrolling etc

Edited by android@sam

Guest android@sam

I tried it earlier after the posts in the ICS threads and trashed the rom. I must have done something wrong. Make sure you have a backup. :D

You have to do some proper settings like use options like Aggressive 1 settings or set the custom setting using higher values in slot setting like 256,128,32,16. It helped me. Believe me.

Edited by android@sam

Guest Akash P

Do you now?!

Just to test this again (!) I installed the script on Swedish Snow :). Its says it managed to free up 50% of my (actual) RAM! But heck! I have not noticed anything in terms of real world performance! Scrolling and rest is same as usual :(

post-909406-0-79688700-1341766496_thumb.

post-909406-0-56708100-1341766521_thumb.

Edited by Akash P

Guest targetbsp

I just ran through it as directed, selecting the default options, let it reboot when it wanted to and the rom was trashed. Every app was FC-ing.

So no... it didn't help all that much. :D

Guest Sulthekk

You have to do some proper settings like use options like aggressive 1 settings,or set the custom setting using higer values in slot setting like 256,128,32,16.it helped me.believe me.

I have looked at this thing earlier too, but in my opinion it's mostly placebo. It may had some effect under Froyo, but it makes no sense on CM7 and above...

Guest android@sam

I just ran through it as directed, selecting the default options, let it reboot when it wanted to and the rom was trashed. Every app was FC-ing.

So no... it didn't help all that much. :D

Which ROM are you using?

Edited by android@sam

Guest Snap.IT

I've used it before and on the galaxy 5 running froyo it did help a tad (not so strange considering the amount of mem on that phone), on the blade it doesn't do anything noticeable for me regardless of what rom i'm using so i'm not using it anymore.

Guest android@sam

Do you now?!

Just to test this again (!) I installed the script on Swedish Snow :). Its says it managed to free up 50% of my (actual) RAM! But heck! I have not noticed anything in terms of real world performance! Scrolling and rest is same as usual :(

post-909406-0-79688700-1341766496_thumb.

post-909406-0-56708100-1341766521_thumb.

Like I said, I have seen noticable performance difference in ICS ROM`s . The difference is not huge but it is noticable in scrolling, animations , Task-switching, etc.

Edited by android@sam

Guest Akash P

Like I said, I have seen noticable performance difference in ICS ROM`s . The difference is not huge but it is noticable in scrolling, animations , Task-switching, etc.

To be perfectly honest, looking at that script (which is 7000 freaking lines!) It is not completely optimised for ICS as of yet. But on the other hand its been extensively tested on GB based ROMs. So the difference it makes should be more noticeable on GB base. Which I can hardly see.

On the contrary I tried it with the latest KonastKANG, tried out the default launcher, Apex launcher pro and my fav Nova launcher Prime as well and still could not notice anything. I did increase the animation scale to 1.5x as well. Still no difference. My conclusion is that the script is a dud. Just a placebo.

Edited by Akash P

Guest innesness

Placebo effect, psychosomatic, all in your head etc.?

Edited by innesness

Guest gunapriyan

I am using KonstaKANG ROM. I have installed BusyBox. In Terminal Emulator, there is 17 options....Which option i need to select? I had select option "Aggressive". But i have no idea about that. So, If you tell procedure, I will be happy. Please.

Edited by gunapriyan

Guest targetbsp

Which ROM are you using?

I was trying it on Burstlams ICS.

As for whether it's useful or not... I do think GB's memory management is perfectly fine already. I do however think that CM9's is not. :D So I would have liked it to work. Back on CM7 now anyway. :)

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Snap.IT

I was trying it on Burstlams ICS.

As for whether it's useful or not... I do think GB's memory management is perfectly fine already. I do however think that CM9's is not. :D So I would have liked it to work. Back on CM7 now anyway. :)

AOKP based ICS's already have the minfree settings in the settings menu, set it to 75 and forget about it.

I don't know if something has changed but last time i tried supercharger on ICS i had to change services.jar on some funky website to make it work, it's all in the thread on XDA.

Guest rabaip

Hey guys, I've tried the V6 supercharger with CFX (installed pretty much everything it offered). While I dont really notice any performance improvements, my battery life got much much better. Even demanding games like 'Where's my water' or 'Aralon HD' that usually consume 1-2% per minute drain much less. I'm already a full day away from my last charging and still on 37 percent despite playing quite a lot and browsing the web a little. Give it a try

Guest ztnej

did you guys said yes when it prompted to enable something in boot?

i said no when it told me to choose that, were 3 questions i think

Guest targetbsp

did you guys said yes when it prompted to enable something in boot?

i said no when it told me to choose that, were 3 questions i think

I tried both ways. Yes to everything. And following the 'defaults' (assuming the defaults are the any key answers). In both cases my rom was trashed. Dunno what I'm doing wrong lol.

Guest gunapriyan

Friends, Please tell me which option (1-17) i need to select from my Terminal Emulator?

Edited by gunapriyan