Mtman1

Mtman1

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts
  • Devices:Liquid MT
Whoops I meant 3 weeks :( I wasn't thinking straight -facepalm-

Edited by Mtman1, 10 July 2012 - 12:47 PM.

Rico_89

Rico_89

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300, Vowney V5.
  • Twitter:@Rico_89_

Whoops I meant 3 weeks :( I wasn't thinking straight -facepalm-

Welcome to the club :P lol.

Pondlife

Pondlife

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Devices:nexus 7

lol, why do people always think rooting & flashing roms void there warranty ?

OP, you wont void your warranty if you flash a new rom, or root your device ;)

Because that's what the shops want us to believe..

MrPuddington

MrPuddington

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Devices:Android
I do not usually care whether it voids the warranty or not. My ZTE got flashed many times, and I would have just restored the stock ROM before returning it - but it still works fine. I just do not want to take any chances now that it is broken.

But Vodafone is more tricky than I was expecting - they refuse to take it back because I use a lebara SIM. They seem unaware of their contractual obligations (and the terms and conditions fail to mention them, too). So I guess I will have to ask the credit card whether they can refund the money - that should wake up Vodafone. What a useless bunch.

(And I was worried about buying my previous phone from Very...)

Edited by MrPuddington, 10 July 2012 - 07:14 PM.

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,871 posts
  • Interests:Time & Space
  • Devices:Z3 Compact

I do not usually care whether it voids the warranty or not. My ZTE got flashed many times, and I would have just restored the stock ROM before returning it - but it still works fine. I just do not want to take any chances now that it is broken.

But Vodafone is more tricky than I was expecting - they refuse to take it back because I use a lebara SIM. They seem unaware of their contractual obligations (and the terms and conditions fail to mention them, too). So I guess I will have to ask the credit card whether they can refund the money - that should wake up Vodafone. What a useless bunch.

(And I was worried about buying my previous phone from Very...)

they are talking crap, they have to repair your phone under warranty ... you have rights even if you have unlocked the phone (if you are from uk)
you should tell them you know this... if still no response you should tell them your are going to citizens advice & they will sort it out

really hate company's that try mugging people off...

( good info on warranty in this vid by xda tv )

MrPuddington

MrPuddington

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts
The Vodafone store was much more helpful than the online customer service. I had to wait 5 minutes, then explained my problem, and they said they will look into it once they have time. That took 3 days, and we agreed that it is broken and needs to be send in for repair. Another 3 working days later, and I have my phone back, supposedly with a new camera module. That is fast!

So do not waste your time with the online service, just go straight to the shop.

Edited by MrPuddington, 24 July 2012 - 11:33 AM.

unaszplodrmann

unaszplodrmann

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
I suspect they probably reflashed the camera firmware and returned it - no need for a manufacturer return...

Kill the bee... and ultimately... you'll have nothing to spread on your toast — John Shuttleworth

MrPuddington

MrPuddington

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

I suspect they probably reflashed the camera firmware and returned it - no need for a manufacturer return...

Maybe, but the return note said "replaced" the camera chip. This could mean that they replaced the firmware, because for a soldering job that would have been very quick indeed.

Anyway, the good news is that they seem to know how to deal with the camera problem. If it is just a software problem, maybe they a solution will leak.

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,871 posts
  • Interests:Time & Space
  • Devices:Z3 Compact

Maybe, but the return note said "replaced" the camera chip. This could mean that they replaced the firmware, because for a soldering job that would have been very quick indeed.

Anyway, the good news is that they seem to know how to deal with the camera problem. If it is just a software problem, maybe they a solution will leak.

cameras on smartphone's are normally just connected via a ribbon plug, very easy to remove and replace
its actually amazing how small they are lol

you can see here
Posted Image

zoltex

zoltex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Mine had the same problem.Took it to the shop and they change it for a new one :) .The only thing is that I have to unlock it again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users