Android 4.1 Jelly Bean in AOSP

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo
We're releasing Android 4.1 in AOSP today.

The name of the tagged release is android-4.1.1_r1.

The name of the development branch is jb-dev.

https://groups.googl...ing/XBYeD-bhk1o

https://plus.google....sts/aRVWBbuWQar

Here we go!

More:

http://www.theverge.com/2012/7/9/3147931/android-4-1-source-code-released-today-in-android-open-source-project

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest Coffer52

Best news I've had for a while I've hanging on with Paul's modded stock ROM in the hope we will develop a JB ROM, fantastic guys!

Guest FrankieADZ

In all honesty it shouldn't take too long for it to match CM9.

I dont know whether to laugh or cry at that...as CM9 has a fair few floors atm imo. well from what youve said and that.

Guest FrankieADZ

What, you want something released now?

Things are moving very fast but there's a lot to be done.

:o :huh: :mellow: :( :lol:

well progress is some progress

Guest Dazzozo

I'm quite impressed with the speed of progress actually. Some stuff we had to patch in the framework has already been done officially.

Guest Dazzozo

Everything's a bit haywire at the moment so things I say could change within minutes. As far as I know all the OpenGL stuff (which includes "Project Butter") is totally broken for all qcom devices (expected), but we have our own issues with OpenGL not existing before that concerns us.

Google for some absurd reason decided to change all the logging from things like "LOGE" and "LOGW" to "ALOGE" and "ALOGW" which seems to achieve absolutely nothing but breaking everyone's code. I would imagine this would break a few of our libs but nothing that a find and replace can't fix.

Guest Dazzozo

I've fixed the LOG/ALOG crap, and at the moment the damage report is that I had to sacrifice gps and audio for now. There really is no point me merging the required stuff from CM9 when it will be merged officially soon.

In other news, this is a lot more successful than an ARMv6 device I'm also porting. I don't have to faff around with assembly at least. :P

Guest Coffer52

I've fixed the LOG/ALOG crap, and at the moment the damage report is that I had to sacrifice gps and audio for now. There really is no point me merging the required stuff from CM9 when it will be merged officially soon.

In other news, this is a lot more successful than an ARMv6 device I'm also porting. I don't have to faff around with assembly at least. :P

Great job buddy thanks!

Guest Dazzozo

It's putting the final zip together.

Basically all the hardware features are broken: mobile network (when is it not?), Wi-Fi, audio and gps. I think is the conclusive list on top of CM9. If it runs, it will literally just be running.

If people want to have a play around I can upload it, but make a backup as I imagine nobody will be staying on it (yet). This is very, very early - the CM10 manifest went up last night, and it's pretty much AOSP still.

Guest Dazzozo

This'll have to be pushed back to tomorrow at the earliest - there's a few libjpeg issues to sort out but I don't imagine much after that will be preventing it from booting.