878 replies to this topic

JamesKing

JamesKing

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero

No, Google have asked that it's not hosted unfortunately, putting it in the kitchen probably isn't a good idea.

That's cool,
Thanks.

But if I had such an APK, I could just create a zip with /system/app/Gmail2.apk, and Untick Gmail in the kitchen. This would install the new Gmail, right?

BigJas

BigJas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
Thanks for the fixes Paul

comicbookguy

comicbookguy

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 4
Stock battery mod still seems to be out. Reading 43% ATM when battery in android settings says 36....

Edit: mod has just jumped to 28 and battery screen says 35.

I only wiped dalvik when I flashed the new ROM. Is that right?

Edited by comicbookguy, 18 October 2012 - 08:40 PM.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,326 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Yeah :/ Anyone else see the same thing?

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

rubenGN

rubenGN

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus
Circle mod battery is working fine.

Galaxy Nexus / MoDaCo
Nexus 7 / MoDaCo

Robert Davidson

Robert Davidson

Robert Davidson

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy S3, Asus Transformer
  • Twitter:@bangorbob
Hi Paul, will you be updating the Wallet app soon, still not able to use it again. Thanks.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,326 posts
Right, really HAVE fixed the battery percentage issue now, bah.

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Posted Image

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,326 posts
I've just updated the Wallet version, Amazon Appstore version, Calendar version and fixed Flash.

P

Posted Image

Anton Palitsyn

Anton Palitsyn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Twitter:@palitsyn
Hi Paul,

When do you think a prebake of jr8 will be available?

Thanks,

Anton.

Anton Palitsyn

Anton Palitsyn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
... And, what happens if I install official 4.1.2 update on top of jr7?

Thanks!

SilentBtDeadly

SilentBtDeadly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 7, Amaze 4g
I really hate creating yet another account, on another forum, but I enjoy the last prebake so much, I wanted to post here.. I just hate having even more places for people to stalk me on the interwebs ;)
Your last prebake was so good that I literally stopped flashing roms once I found it. And I'm a flashaholic, so this simply has never happened. I can honestly be happy with the last rom, I'm not so worried about an update.. but could you provide a patch or instructions on how to stop the notification about a newer version being available? It is quite literally driving me crazy.. I am a pretty advanced user, so even if the instructions were on the advanced side, I'm not too worried.
I am totally okay with the idea of supporting you as a developer, but I am not fond of the idea of paying to become a member just to stop this notification.. I would have already found a way to donate if my funds weren't so tight at the moment.
Thanks in advance for any answer and the work you've already put it - I can't state enough how big a deal it is that I found a rom that makes me so happy I feel no need to flash anything else!

Edited by SilentBtDeadly, 21 October 2012 - 03:11 AM.

jmagee

jmagee

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • Devices:LG Nexus 4; Nexus 7
  • Twitter:@jay84uk
People either pay the few quid for premium or be patient. Paul works quick but normally only does prebakes when all bugs are sorted.

If you flash 4.1.2 from Google it will just go over mcr but could remove root

SilentBtDeadly

SilentBtDeadly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

People either pay the few quid for premium or be patient. Paul works quick but normally only does prebakes when all bugs are sorted.

If you flash 4.1.2 from Google it will just go over mcr but could remove root

Someone over at XDA pointed out that allowing it to try to update fails, but removes the nag notification to upgrade, so that is fine by me.
I am totally happy with the current build, I may wait before updating even after he releases a prebake, that was why I asked how I can stop it from constantly asking to upgrade.. for now I am okay with letting it try to update when the notification comes up, it made it most of the day without prompting to upgrade again.
And when you're a college student trying to pay your own way thru school, even a few quid/dollars can be hard to spare.. I'll donate/pay when I have it to spare, no worries there. I'm not impatient, even if it was a paid build, I would have to upgrade to the latest build or deal with this notification.

Anton Palitsyn

Anton Palitsyn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Someone over at XDA pointed out that allowing it to try to update fails, but removes the nag notification to upgrade, so that is fine by me.
I am totally happy with the current build, I may wait before updating even after he releases a prebake, that was why I asked how I can stop it from constantly asking to upgrade.. for now I am okay with letting it try to update when the notification comes up, it made it most of the day without prompting to upgrade again.
And when you're a college student trying to pay your own way thru school, even a few quid/dollars can be hard to spare.. I'll donate/pay when I have it to spare, no worries there. I'm not impatient, even if it was a paid build, I would have to upgrade to the latest build or deal with this notification.

Hi SilentBtDeadly,

Just to confirm, you have tried applying the updated, it failed and you no longer get the notifications?

Thanks,

Anton.

MugenMadNezz

MugenMadNezz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Smartphones Tablets Technology!!!
  • Devices:Nexus 7 tablet P
hello everyone im new here and i signed up for the Kitchen Proud Owner On The N7 How Do I Get The Jr8 my n7 is rooted any help would be much appreciated......

Thanks

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,326 posts
The prebake will be up today!

P

Posted Image

putbinoot

putbinoot

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300, Jiayu G3.

hello everyone im new here and i signed up for the Kitchen Proud Owner On The N7 How Do I Get The Jr8 my n7 is rooted any help would be much appreciated......

Thanks

Read the first post on this thread it has the instructions on it for you.

Posted Image

Cam2

Cam2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Verizon Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7

The prebake will be up today!

P

Paul, I've been running your ROM since JR4, so the first thing I want to say is thank you! I finally decided to become a member to support what you do.

I've been running JR8 from the kitchen for a few days now. I've had quite a few crashes since installing it, but I believe the problem was more with the Trinity kernel I was running. I switched to the Franco kernel and haven't had any issues since.

When the official prebake goes up will there be any difference in the core files of the ROM that would warrant flashing it over the version of JR8 I'm currently running?

Thanks again for what you do, and keep up the good work!

Cam

Cam
Devices: Nexus 7 // Samsung Galaxy Nexus

SilentBtDeadly

SilentBtDeadly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Hi SilentBtDeadly,

Just to confirm, you have tried applying the updated, it failed and you no longer get the notifications?

Thanks,

Anton.

Yes, at least not for nearly 24 hours.
Looking forward to the prebake goodness. Makes me think of chocolate chip cookies.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,326 posts

Paul, I've been running your ROM since JR4, so the first thing I want to say is thank you! I finally decided to become a member to support what you do.

I've been running JR8 from the kitchen for a few days now. I've had quite a few crashes since installing it, but I believe the problem was more with the Trinity kernel I was running. I switched to the Franco kernel and haven't had any issues since.

When the official prebake goes up will there be any difference in the core files of the ROM that would warrant flashing it over the version of JR8 I'm currently running?

If you have the kitchen build, no need to flash a prebake! :)

P

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users