* * * * - 4 votes

• Please log in to reply
878 replies to this topic

MugenMadNezz

MugenMadNezz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Smartphones Tablets Technology!!!
  • Devices:Nexus 7 tablet P
How I Get To The Kitchen To Get The Jr8?

putbinoot

putbinoot

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300, Jiayu G3.

How I Get To The Kitchen To Get The Jr8?

http://www.modaco.co...lus-membership/

Posted Image

ant_thomas

ant_thomas

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Devices:HTC Sensation - Google Nexus 7
I hate to ask, but is the prebake coming soon?

B-Man2005

B-Man2005

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Pocket Loox
maybe some premium user could make the rom through kitchen and upload it ? :D

syddp

syddp

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus GSM+7+10, Blade

I've just updated the Wallet version, Amazon Appstore version, Calendar version and fixed Flash.

P

Flashed custom Jr8 today. This is really a superb rom. Stable, fast, full featured and working. Thx Paul!
But Flash Player Settings also shows a blank page (no settings) like for my Gnex.
Can you help?

mentalinsurgent

mentalinsurgent

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 7
Thank you for a beautifully detailed, professionally polished work of ROM art. I am proud to support your work Paul!

Diggin JR8! :D Look forward to your future work.

bitbit

bitbit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Flashed custom Jr8 today. This is really a superb rom. Stable, fast, full featured and working. Thx Paul!
But Flash Player Settings also shows a blank page (no settings) like for my Gnex.
Can you help?

If you don't want to wait, you can fix it yourself by uninstalling the current Flash with Titanium Backup and then sideloading Flash.

comicbookguy

comicbookguy

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 4
Just switched to tablet mode @160 dpi by editing the build.prop file and loving the result! It regains a lot of screen space for browsing and watching video. still wish the nav bar would be less intrusive when not in use tho....

Any hope for an "auto low profile" (the 3 dots instead of the icons) or "auto hide" kitchen option for the nav bar at some point, to take that responsibility away from the apps?

SilentBtDeadly

SilentBtDeadly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 7, Amaze 4g

Just switched to tablet mode @160 dpi by editing the build.prop file and loving the result! It regains a lot of screen space for browsing and watching video. still wish the nav bar would be less intrusive when not in use tho....

Any hope for an "auto low profile" (the 3 dots instead of the icons) or "auto hide" kitchen option for the nav bar at some point, to take that responsibility away from the apps?

I thought there was a lot more to getting true tablet mode than changing the DPI? I am going off of my nook color and other android devices, and changing the dpi changed what was available in the market, but could never give a true tablet experience- and I thought there was a mod floating around the n7 forums that was supposed to give a true different experience by making changes to the framework files?
And I'm not sure what you mean about the low profile and auto hide options you mentioned.. I am new with this device specifically, but I am curious what you mean.
Plus, I am anxiously waiting for the prebake, I have been every since Paul announced it was going to be replaced that day! I still can't bring myself to bother with a different rom, I'm just too happy with the way this one performs.

comicbookguy

comicbookguy

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
.I'm not sure if its full tablet mode, but it moves the status bar to the bottom, narrows it down and moves the soft keys to the left.. I'll check the rest of the ui and try to post a screenshot later

The "auto hide " would hide the Nav bar altogether after a few seconds without touch input, the low profile option dims the softkeys (and possibly the status bar stuff at the other end) to small dots instead

Edited by comicbookguy, 26 October 2012 - 11:11 AM.

jcracken

jcracken

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

.I'm not sure if its full tablet mode, but it moves the status bar to the bottom, narrows it down and moves the soft keys to the left.. I'll check the rest of the ui and try to post a screenshot later

The "auto hide " would hide the Nav bar altogether after a few seconds without touch input, the low profile option dims the softkeys (and possibly the status bar stuff at the other end) to small dots instead

That is true tablet mode; there is another tablet mode mod that works without changing the dpi, so that everything isn't shrunk down and tiny. The link to it is http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1780970

SilentBtDeadly

SilentBtDeadly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 7, Amaze 4g

That is true tablet mode; there is another tablet mode mod that works without changing the dpi, so that everything isn't shrunk down and tiny. The link to it is http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1780970

I'm new to the site, so I don't see a thanks button.. but thanks for the answers. And screenshots would be appreciated, along with any feedback if you notice any difference in available apps<-- that was the problem I've had with changing the dpi before.
Thanks again.

Edited by SilentBtDeadly, 27 October 2012 - 01:56 AM.

comicbookguy

comicbookguy

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

i couldn't get that one to work, but I actually like the shrunken effect and it would be much easier to revert back, or to remod the next MCR..... I'll work on screenshots later ;)

Edited by comicbookguy, 27 October 2012 - 08:35 AM.

Rsotbiemrptson

Rsotbiemrptson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:One S, Nexus 7

i couldn't get that one to work, but I actually like the shrunken effect and it would be much easier to revert back, or to remod the next MCR..... I'll work on screenshots later ;)

Hello,
This is the one you want(http://forum.xda-dev...2&postcount=719), but it will get rid of your advanced power menu. If you get me your android.policy.jar, services.jar, and framework-res.apk I can make one that will work for you.

Rsotbiemrptson

Edited by Rsotbiemrptson, 01 November 2012 - 01:15 PM.

comicbookguy

comicbookguy

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
I'd tried that one too and the system ui kept fc-ing

Other than nova launcher taking ages to load up at boot I'm fairly happy with what I've got. I've got very used to the EPM, but I might just send those files, thanks

Edited by comicbookguy, 27 October 2012 - 09:08 PM.

bitbit

bitbit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I noticed that if I choose a battery % option, no matter which nav bar layout I choose, in landscape mode, the nav bar always end up being stuck on the right.

thunder62

thunder62

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire
Hi Paul,
this is a grear ROM! Thank you for the hard work.

There is one thing I am struggling with: The opening post states: "Patched YouTube to allow preloading (downloading for offline viewing), normally unavailable on the Nexus 7" I don't get this feature working on Jr8. What is the magic I am missing?

Wilb

Wilb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Any news on the JR8 prebake?

Pondlife

Pondlife

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Devices:nexus 7
Or might Paul wait for 4.2 and skip to a jr9 prebake?

anssi_s

anssi_s

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7
  • Twitter:@anssi_s
Do the Kitchen selections save for anyone? I seem to have defaults again...

So here's my suggestion: include the selections as a text file in the zip and flash it on the device too. That way we could all have a record of what choices we made last time. Importing into the kitchen would be nice too.

Come to think of it, it would be really cool if you could view your MoDaCo settings in the device's about phone/tablet part.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users