It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,225 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
No need to root.

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

Pondlife

Pondlife

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Devices:nexus 7

Also, Is there a decent widget for displaying the music library with album art? The Play Library will show you music but not album art (I'm Uk based so can't use Google Music)

The play library shows my album art fine. But oddly not my partners, so thinking it's an file issue rather than problem in the app.

jmagee

jmagee

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • Devices:LG Nexus 4; Nexus 7
  • Twitter:@jay84uk
Any one having MHL issues? The adapter I have works fine with my phone but my tablet doesn't seem to recognise it at all. I'm slightly concerned as when it was plugged in it did reboot at one point. Am I missing something or is this a possible bug in the ROM?

Or does MHL just not work? Did some searching and it looks like the nexus 7 doesn't support it

Edited by jmagee, 20 July 2012 - 09:43 PM.

gadgetgaz

gadgetgaz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
Hi Paul. Did I read somewhere that you are building in mhl to the N7 ROM?
If so, how's that going? Cheers.

Pondlife

Pondlife

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Devices:nexus 7

Or does MHL just not work? Did some searching and it looks like the nexus 7 doesn't support it

Nope it doesn't work, there isn't an micro sd slot either in case you missed the other main complaint since it was announced.

seamonkey420

seamonkey420

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:phones, gadgets, laptops, computers, beer, snowboarding
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy Nexus
  • Twitter:@jimmyselix

Jr5 prebake is now online!

The prebake includes the bottom navigation bar size tweak, but not option which moves it to the right hand side of the device in landscape mode.

P

Love this but one minor issue. Activating Google now in landscape is 'interesting' . Swipe left and then tap on opaque Google circle vs original one swipe up from home button.

Thx again!

vagelis

vagelis

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus GSM - Infuse 4G

Love this but one minor issue. Activating Google now in landscape is 'interesting' . Swipe left and then tap on opaque Google circle vs original one swipe up from home button.

Thx again!

Indeed, that is kinda bizarre...
Google Now now is a bit hit and miss in landscape, lol

Edited by vagelis, 21 July 2012 - 02:12 AM.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,225 posts

Any one having MHL issues? The adapter I have works fine with my phone but my tablet doesn't seem to recognise it at all. I'm slightly concerned as when it was plugged in it did reboot at one point. Am I missing something or is this a possible bug in the ROM?

No MHL support in JB yet!

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Posted Image

nvidiax

nvidiax

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Devices:HTC Evo 3D, Nexus 7
  • Twitter:@nvidiax

No MHL support in JB yet!

P

Does that mean that theoretically the Nexus 7 can support MHL?

Fursty Ferret

Fursty Ferret

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Sadly, it'll never support MHL due to a hardware limitation.

Frustratingly the ones used at Google I/O had an HDMI port built in!

Eric Schneider

Eric Schneider

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 7, Galaxy Nexus Toro
  • Twitter:@ericsch333
I just flashed my first kitchen rom and loving it so far...has anyone flash a custom kernel yet I tried on cm10 and looped so I don't to start over again.

rferrett

rferrett

Addict

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S3, Advent Vega
  • Twitter:@ralphferrett
After huge frustrations with rooting yeterday finally got this bad boy on my NX7. Yaya.

I think my misgivings about the 7" form factor were misplaced. It just feels right, though I wonder if maybe 8" would be just about perfect.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 Omega 6.0
Tablet: Nexus 7 MCR Jr5
Twitter: @ralphferrett
Google+: http://gplus.to/rferrett
URL: http://lunchtimelegend.co.uk

PaperLawyer

PaperLawyer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Paul, this is a fantastic ROM and i may become a member if creating a secure image would allow me to install apps which will not otherwise install on a rooted device?

One problem - the camera launcher will not fire up. I have tried reinstalling the app but no success. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your hard work

slydog43

slydog43

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Paul, I found something wrong with the kitchen, which is great by the way, If I choose not to include the Advanced Power Menu Options, I still get it in the rom. Weird. I just want a rom somewhat normal for a couple that I'm giving 2 nexus 7's to for their wedding gift, and I dont want them to get to recovery (twrp) easily. Any ideas?

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,225 posts

Paul, I found something wrong with the kitchen, which is great by the way, If I choose not to include the Advanced Power Menu Options, I still get it in the rom. Weird. I just want a rom somewhat normal for a couple that I'm giving 2 nexus 7's to for their wedding gift, and I dont want them to get to recovery (twrp) easily. Any ideas?

Don't select the landscape mod!

P

Posted Image

jmagee

jmagee

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Nope it doesn't work, there isn't an micro sd slot either in case you missed the other main complaint since it was announced.

I have one and know about the micro SD. Using cloud and otg to over come that. Just didn't even think it wouldn't have mhl

ethicalstrategy

ethicalstrategy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

The play library shows my album art fine. But oddly not my partners, so thinking it's an file issue rather than problem in the app.

I thought that you needed to have your music uploaded to Google Music which I can't do as it's not available in the UK.

slydog43

slydog43

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Don't select the landscape mod!

P

Thanks That did it.

jmagee

jmagee

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

I thought that you needed to have your music uploaded to Google Music which I can't do as it's not available in the UK.

You just need to log into Google music once, using a proxy server, as if you're in the US once you have done that you use it as normal. You just can't buy music. I think Paul did a feature on it. I'm no computer whizz but managed to find a guide and do it. Well worth it.

jmagee

jmagee

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
Play movies... do you actually rent as in they are only valid for a week or rent as on they can't be transferred to other devices. Wouldn't mind spending some Google cash on some movies but not if I can't keep them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users