Another version: ZTE Atlas

Guest beavis77

Guest beavis77

I recently read about the ZTE Atlas (W) being released in at least Germany, Poland and Holland.

It looks exactly like a Vivacity a specs seem to be identical as well (different websites report different specs, though).

Looks like the Crescent family is growing! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest vitzlibutzli

My wife bought this phone. With 100MB internal space it is more than small... No Updates possible. I'm trying to root this device, therefore made a backup over CWM (yes, i managed to get it on the phone - supposedly there must be a rom Backup somewhere on the SD card). Now i'm a bit stuck, because i don't want to brick it (would mean: sleeping on the couch for destroying her new tool :-) ) during the rooting process...

^V^

Edited by vitzlibutzli

Guest vitzlibutzli

You mean by installing a custom rom the phone is also rooted? I thought the order should be root and than custom rom? Well... i don't want to screw around with cutting the rom; it will be CM 7.2 for daily use...

Yes, the custom Rom will be rooted.Just install it via CWM.But don't forget to use the vivaci kernel,else some of the buttons won't work right. CM 7.2 is a good choise, it has few bugs is fast, has many options, looks, and good battery life. I have benn using it on my Altlas W for the last few weeks and I am still impressed by it.